IGNORED

Today’s games

Red Army 75

14 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Correction: Palmer is a good player in terms of technical ability, however he lacks many other key elements required to be a good player at this level (focus, fitness, discipline, ability to carry out instructions).

Understand, in the right enviroment he is good. He can shoot, dribble, very good passes. His got it but not, If you know what i mean.

Watching today’s games shows how far behind we are tactically from everyone else imo. Everyone pressing high and getting their fullbacks forward. Athletic all over pitch. Yes it was one game yesterday but we set up to limit opposition instead of taking the game to them. My optimism has gone down considerably after one weekend. 

Quite a few not fit for us first game. Which is another concern tbh but see how we get on with everyone fit. The talk of troubling the top half from the club itself looking like they are lacking awareness. The games today are refreshing to watch. 

• Like 3

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Goal-Assist from new signings from higher division clubs when said club are pushing FFP limits.

When this was us a year ago we were so hemmed in it was untrue.

Im shocked at their signings, they have had a better summer than us which seems absurd considering the restrictions they should be under!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Im shocked at their signings, they have had a better summer than us which seems absurd considering the restrictions they should be under!

Totally agree. Although jury out on the summer aspect. Think ours has been okay.

Yes they've sold nobody of note since Moore in 2021-22, Parachute Payments ended ie final season in 2020-21. All very odd?

Compare and contrast with us in August 2022.

We were utterly in the mud, couldn't even replace the sadly retired but still paid Baker with Bamba on a free although whether that was a serious proposition football wise who knows.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

Watching today’s games shows how far behind we are tactically from everyone else imo. Everyone pressing high and getting their fullbacks forward. Athletic all over pitch. Yes it was one game yesterday but we set up to limit opposition instead of taking the game to them. My optimism has gone down considerably after one weekend. 

Quite a few not fit for us first game. Which is another concern tbh but see how we get on with everyone fit. The talk of troubling the top half from the club itself looking like they are lacking awareness. The games today are refreshing to watch. 

I’m just going to call it a bad day at the office and hope we improve massively. Bar maybe Wednesday, every game I’ve watched the teams look better than us. On and off the ball. 

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Totally agree. Although jury out on the summer aspect. Think ours has been okay.

Yes they've sold nobody of note since Moore in 2021-22, Parachute Payments ended ie final season in 2020-21. All very odd?

Oh i’m not saying our summer has been bad at all, i think it has been very good, but considering i had no idea until half hour ago that they had signed Josh Bowler & Karlan Grant (i know he had a bad year last season but he knows where the net is) just imagine how delighted we would of been with them 2 with a bit of Aaron Ramsey chucked in……his legs can’t be anymore passed it than Andy King’s! We would be pretty confident of a very good season.

Not sure how they are going to get away with it, unless they win promotion? Something about a Turkish manager doesn’t scream success to me however. Hopefully it all goes tits up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jose said:

I’m just going to call it a bad day at the office and hope we improve massively. Bar maybe Wednesday, every game I’ve watched the teams look better than us. On and off the ball. 

I hope so!! The football am watching today is pretty good. Only Sheffield Wednesday I have seen look as poor as we did

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Oh i’m not saying our summer has been bad at all, i think it has been very good, but considering i had no idea until half hour ago that they had signed Josh Bowler & Karlan Grant (i know he had a bad year last season but he knows where the net is) just imagine how delighted we would of been with them 2 with a bit of Aaron Ramsey chucked in……his legs can’t be anymore passed it than Andy King’s! We would be pretty confident of a very good season.

Not sure how they are going to get away with it, unless they win promotion? Something about a Turkish manager doesn’t scream success to me however. Hopefully it all goes tits up.

My own gut feeling is that we were perhaps working under some kinda EFL agreed Plan to avoid breaching but Cardiff appear not to be in the same way judging by accounts and signings.

Ramsey started his career at Cardiff so personal terms.will have been quite low I suspect but Nice just agreed to release him which was weird..They were fully entitled to request a fee which er Cardiff can't pay as they're under embargo this window owing to Sala. I'm glad clubs are so generous.

Turkish managers hard to say, culturally very different. They don't often travel well Turkish players apart from to maybe Germany.. not saying they're technically poor, it's a hard one- probably a bit outdated on my part. Yea let's hope it implodes!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

Forgetting finances, not that convinced by Leeds and not that convinced by Farke. It can take time of course, but not just a knee-jerk at 2-0 down v Cardiff their squad looks a bit imbalanced, Gnonto through the middle...dunno.

If I was Leeds I'd have still made a bigger play for Corberan personally, think he is a bit more tactically varied.

6 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

Leeds look atrocious defensively 

Yes they do. Still getting forward well though imo. Other then Ampadu not really added anyone. A relegated side probably needs to look at defenders. Ayling and Cooper best days probably gone. Struijk never been convincing either.