IGNORED

Today’s games

Red Army 75

32 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

QPR and Rotherham apparently were woeful yesterday!

I saw QPR one. It is early I don’t want to overreact too much. Just seems most teams are set up front foot early on. In the Leeds game they were talking about how 80+ goals over a season gets you promoted. We aren’t auto promotion contenders but we didn’t set up in a way where we can even dream. 

10 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I saw QPR one. It is early I don’t want to overreact too much. Just seems most teams are set up front foot early on. In the Leeds game they were talking about how 80+ goals over a season gets you promoted. We aren’t auto promotion contenders but we didn’t set up in a way where we can even dream. 

80+ goals over a season also gets you relegated…

2 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Nice of him to have his annual decent performance today then! ;) 

FWIW, I always felt we made too many excuses for Palmer re 'setting up the side around him'. IMO, he never took enough responsibility for improving his own performances and making it work for himself within the team. By contrast, I think Wells showed how a player can still contribute even in a system that's fair from ideal for them.

Hmm maybe. A mixture of things. Remember he got put left wing a fair bit the season before last, and was playing through injury too. 

Happy we got him off the wage bill, no hesitation. But I certainly don’t think he was ‘stealing a wage’ or ‘didn’t care’ or ‘didn’t try enough’ or anything like that, confirmed by Pearson too. 

1 minute ago, Malago said:

Great to see Arteta getting a yellow card for waving an imaginary yellow card.  New rule apparently.  Hope it’s enforced in the championship as well.

Judging by yesterdays ref , don’t count on it as inconsistent as ever , the standard drops every season

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Interesting quote from text commentary, bit of a reality check for Ipswich- granted Sunderland away is one of the harder games at this level.

Not sure they'll go down but this top 6 stuff feels daft on their strength of their squad.

Screenshot_20230806-171916_Chrome.thumb.jpg.933dacd70327ab8cacad3efa5e0605c1.jpg

I think we have seen how managers can improve players. A lot are judging their squad on when they’ve seen these players play under different managers 

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I think we have seen how managers can improve players. A lot are judging their squad on when they’ve seen these players play under different managers 

Managers can improve players but top 6? Pfft. They'll be alright,but just don't get the hype.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Watching today’s games shows how far behind we are tactically from everyone else imo. Everyone pressing high and getting their fullbacks forward. Athletic all over pitch. Yes it was one game yesterday but we set up to limit opposition instead of taking the game to them. My optimism has gone down considerably after one weekend. 

Quite a few not fit for us first game. Which is another concern tbh but see how we get on with everyone fit. The talk of troubling the top half from the club itself looking like they are lacking awareness. The games today are refreshing to watch. 

We didn’t set up to limit Preston at all . The exact opposite happened