IGNORED

Tommy Conway

This is a disaster, however, footballers will get injured, its part of the game… i do hope though that we haven’t over cooked them over the close season, not with the games, but with the austrian training etc?

ivwonder if we can get palmer-houlden back as cover? Hes scored tonight and looks to have a bit of the x factor?

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Not just us, probably 50 other sides in the EPL/EFL. At least we have a few coming back in the next week or so.

People need to calm down a bit.

Leeds have been terrible for injuries for while, I checked the last season injury thread.

193 League games lost to injury for us. That's a starting point...that is about 4.2 per game plus the retirement of Baker which seemed not to have been factored.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Leeds have been terrible for injuries for while, I checked the last season injury thread.

193 League games lost to injury for us. That's a starting point...that is about 4.2 per game plus the retirement of Baker which seemed not to have been factored.

If you examine every EFL club over the "last few years" and come up with definitive facts that support your assertion, I will apologise.

But you won't be able to do that will you..

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

There’s a few things I don’t understand about people’s reactions here. Pole vaulting to conclusions that Dave Rennie is the antichrist is one. The other is that Tommys injury somehow necessitates a signing. 

As at right now, we have 5 fit strikers for 3 positions. Weimann is clearly borderline fit so that’s nearly 6 for 3. People may not rate one or more of the 5 fit strikers, but if they are part of our squad (and 3 got in ahead of TC on Saturday) then why would we need to make another signing?

Add into this, Scott is supposed to be fit for Saturday. Benarous on the way back. Weimann, as I said, was borderline Saturday. You’re then looking at 3 of the 7 back within 2-3 weeks. McCrorie we don’t know as yet, ditto Kal. But if you look at it reasonably, we have (confirmed) two players in Rob and Tommy who are out for a reasonable length. That doesn’t seem unusual in a squad of 26. Particularly when most injuries are different as opposed to, as stated, all hammies.

Or we could all panic and just burn the witch. Your call.

• Like 17
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

This is a disaster, however, footballers will get injured, its part of the game… i do hope though that we haven’t over cooked them over the close season, not with the games, but with the austrian training etc?

ivwonder if we can get palmer-houlden back as cover? Hes scored tonight and looks to have a bit of the x factor?

Recall option in January, not before.

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

There’s a few things I don’t understand about people’s reactions here. Pole vaulting to conclusions that Dave Rennie is the antichrist is one. The other is that Tommys injury somehow necessitates a signing. 

As at right now, we have 5 fit strikers for 3 positions. Weimann is clearly borderline fit so that’s nearly 6 for 3. People may not rate one or more of the 5 fit strikers, but if they are part of our squad (and 3 got in ahead of TC on Saturday) then why would we need to make another signing?

Add into this, Scott is supposed to be fit for Saturday. Benarous on the way back. Weimann, as I said, was borderline Saturday. You’re then looking at 3 of the 7 back within 2-3 weeks. McCrorie we don’t know as yet, ditto Kal. But if you look at it reasonably, we have (confirmed) two players in Rob and Tommy who are out for a reasonable length. That doesn’t seem unusual in a squad of 26. Particularly when most injuries are different as opposed to, as stated, all hammies.

Well Lance Corporal Jones would.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

This is fair but the situation is suboptimal.

Fault of Rennie or something else?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Weimann currently covering Scott in midfield, so if/when he leaves we’ll need another body in midfield for Weimann to provide depth through the middle.

We don’t have 6 strikers do we? Conway, Wells, Weimann and who? Can Bell play regularly in the championship as the striker and perform?

I agree we don’t need another striker but this does exacerbate the need for one more player (minimum) in midfield otherwise we’re trying to cover multiple positions with the same player.

2 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Weimann currently covering Scott in midfield, so if/when he leaves we’ll need another body in midfield for Weimann to provide depth through the middle.

We don’t have 6 strikers do we? Conway, Wells, Weimann and who? Can Bell play regularly in the championship as the striker and perform?

I agree we don’t need another striker but this does exacerbate the need for one more player (minimum) in midfield otherwise we’re trying to cover multiple positions with the same player.

Striker probably the wrong term but we do play a front three - so that includes Sykes, Mehmeti, Cornick. I think it does show that if Scott goes we do need another body for the reason you state but it’s nowhere near the level of panic I’m seeing so far

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Striker probably the wrong term but we do play a front three - so that includes Sykes, Mehmeti, Cornick. I think it does show that if Scott goes we do need another body for the reason you state but it’s nowhere near the level of panic I’m seeing so far

That’s the point though, we don’t have lots of depth through the middle unless Weimann covers or we move Bell over. If Weimann moves over the midfield starts looking very thin. Not convinced Bell can do that job but I’d love him to prove me wrong.

I don’t think we need to panic until the window closes and we know where we are as a squad. We really need one more for depth in midfield but we can cope barring complete disaster on the injury front.

20 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Whilst we still have a number of forward options if Tommy is missing, the worry is that they are not really up to Champ standards (yet).

Mehmeti has yet to show anything near the required consistancy... the jury is massively out on Cornick and arguably Weimann and Wells are in the final throws of their career.

If we lose Alex Scott the squad is suddenly looking very short of quality in my opinion.

If others disagree then i applaud their optimism but sadly i can only see another bottom half finish awaiting us.