IGNORED

Ephraim Yeboah

Port Said Red

Firstly, for those who haven't seen the other couple of threads of the last few months, no he's nothing to do with "Tony".

But give the kid his due, just turned 17 and had the confidence to stick his hand up and say "I can be an option". Clearly although quick, he runs like a newly born foal, but he worked really hard and showed some real intelligence.

Like everyone else, I enjoyed the tackling back to stop a potential Oxford break, but my favourite thing was him pointing out to Matty James, where he wanted the ball to run onto. Certainly not overawed that's for sure.

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Firstly, for those who haven't seen the other couple of threads of the last few months, no he's nothing to do with "Tony".

But give the kid his due, just turned 17 and had the confidence to stick his hand up and say "I can be an option". Clearly although quick, he runs like a newly born foal, but he worked really hard and showed some real intelligence.

Like everyone else, I enjoyed the tackling back to stop a potential Oxford break, but my favourite thing was him pointing out to Matty James, where he wanted the ball to run onto. Certainly not overawed that's for sure.

Agreed, very alert to stop the quick break, just the game for him.

My only whinge from tonight is I’d have liked to have seen Araoye or Knight-Lebel get some first-team minutes while we were so comfy at 4-1/5-1. Opportunity to rest Zak or Rob too. BUT was really cool seeing Yeboah get a run out, and enjoyed his pace and presence. Looked very bright. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

My only whinge from tonight is I’d have liked to have seen Araoye or Knight-Lebel get some first-team minutes while we were so comfy at 4-1/5-1. Opportunity to rest Zak or Rob too. BUT was really cool seeing Yeboah get a run out, and enjoyed his pace and presence. Looked very bright. 

Yeah I was thinking that. I guess they wanted to rest midfielders, not defenders though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

Sorry, know nothing about the guy, what is he..where does he play , cheers ?

I thought he was more of a central striker but he played right hand side for last 25 minutes. Would describe him as “busy” - always wanted to be involved (but also kept position well), one great recovery tackle.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

Sorry, know nothing about the guy, what is he..where does he play , cheers ?

Played in the right side forward role, raw as you would expect but quick and bright, got a whack off their big no 3 too and shook it off no problem.. the timing of the pass through to sykes showed he can play too.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

I thought he was more of a central striker but he played right hand side for last 25 minutes. Would describe him as “busy” - always wanted to be involved (but also kept position well), one great recovery tackle.

Seems like he's been fast tracked as he's not had that many u-21 games.

I think the training camp in Austria would have built him up.

Could see a bit more of him this season maybe.

6 hours ago, mozo said:

Yeah I was thinking that. I guess they wanted to rest midfielders, not defenders though.

Rob Dickie looked like he was blowing out his arse in the first half, he wasn't on it at all, not winning much, passing poor, slow, 2nd half he didn't have anything to do however 

Yeboah looks quick and strong which is great, just needs time to work on what options to take

7 hours ago, The Masked Man said:

What I really liked about him was that he kept it simple a lot of the time. Didn't try to to do anything too flash. A great experience for him and hope he kicks on in the U-23's this season.

I know that Yeboah only got a 20min cameo last night but certainly showed enough to become a regular in the first team squad - only 17 as well.

The academy has produced some excellent young players over the years, the list is almost endless and well worth the investment.

The pathway has become very clear and as the saying goes  ‘if you’re good enough, you’re old enough” really applies at City, particularly with a manager who’s willing to give these young guys an opportunity. Many managers throughout the EFL are very reluctant to play young inexperienced players - SC was one - How do graduates get experience if they’re not given the opportunity? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Rob Dickie looked like he was blowing out his arse in the first half, he wasn't on it at all, not winning much, passing poor, slow, 2nd half he didn't have anything to do however 

Yeboah looks quick and strong which is great, just needs time to work on what options to take

Couldn’t disagree more about Dickie. Thought he was excellent in the first half.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I know that Yeboah only got a 20min cameo last night but certainly showed enough to become a regular in the first team squad - only 17 as well.

The academy has produced some excellent young players over the years, the list is almost endless and well worth the investment.

The pathway has become very clear and as the saying goes  ‘if you’re good enough, you’re old enough” really applies at City, particularly with a manager who’s willing to give these young guys an opportunity. Many managers throughout the EFL are very reluctant to play young inexperienced players - SC was one - How do graduates get experience if they’re not given the opportunity? 

agree it has but now it's producing a landslide of them

12 minutes ago, Super said:

Is he likely to be loaned out? 

A great deal of discussion with Nige and his coaching staff goes into whether a particular player would benefit from regular mens football away from AG and no doubt that Yeboah’s name has been involved in those discussions but as yet him being loaned out hasn’t happened.

Yeboah getting a 20min cameo last night will have been part of his development. Being involved in the first team set up, experiencing the managers team talks and gradually becoming familiar with first team regulars. It’s possible that he’ll involved in the matchday squad on a regular basis with all travelling, overnight stays and lifestyle - LJ did the same when Semenyo was breaking thru.

So…….the answer to the question is - who knows?

8 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Played in the right side forward role, raw as you would expect but quick and bright, got a whack off their big no 3 too and shook it off no problem.. the timing of the pass through to sykes showed he can play too.

And a tremendous track back and challenge when it looked like a quick break was on for Oxford. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Couldn’t disagree more about Dickie. Thought he was excellent in the first half.

What worries me slightly is how he lets himself gets bullied. Happened on Saturday, and last night their 39 won several 40/60 physical challenges with him. He’s a big guy and shouldn’t be letting that happen. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, italian dave said:

What worries me slightly is how he lets himself gets bullied. Happened on Saturday, and last night their 39 won several 40/60 physical challenges with him. He’s a big guy and shouldn’t be letting that happen. 

Thought it was a pretty good battle between the two,but their number 39 was just a bit stronger.