IGNORED

Ephraim Yeboah

Port Said Red

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I know that Yeboah only got a 20min cameo last night but certainly showed enough to become a regular in the first team squad - only 17 as well.

The academy has produced some excellent young players over the years, the list is almost endless and well worth the investment.

The pathway has become very clear and as the saying goes  ‘if you’re good enough, you’re old enough” really applies at City, particularly with a manager who’s willing to give these young guys an opportunity. Many managers throughout the EFL are very reluctant to play young inexperienced players - SC was one - How do graduates get experience if they’re not given the opportunity? 

While I'm delighted to hear of this young man's promise, I'd caution that decent cameos in Cup games against lower league opposition do not necessarily mean players will make it into the first team. Hines and Akinde are just two names who excited us in cup games, but weren't good enough for the Championship. 

Hopefully. Ephraimwill be one of the ones that goes on and makes it for us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I know that Yeboah only got a 20min cameo last night but certainly showed enough to become a regular in the first team squad - only 17 as well.

The academy has produced some excellent young players over the years, the list is almost endless and well worth the investment.

The pathway has become very clear and as the saying goes  ‘if you’re good enough, you’re old enough” really applies at City, particularly with a manager who’s willing to give these young guys an opportunity. Many managers throughout the EFL are very reluctant to play young inexperienced players - SC was one - How do graduates get experience if they’re not given the opportunity? 

This player is not exactly a result of the academy. He has spent ninety percent of his development playing at BIC (Bristol Inner City development centre) from a early age for around eight or nine years.  

Edited by Cowshed
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

This player is not exactly a result of the academy. He has spent ninety percent of his development playing at BIC (Bristol Inner City development centre) from an early age for around eight or nine years.  

Does that mean that he’s not an academy graduate then?………..:dunno:

Just now, Robbored said:

Does that mean that he’s not an academy graduate then?………..:dunno:

I cant go into detail because this player was a child at BIC but this lad joined BCFC unusually late in academy terms and he is an example of BIC's coaching expertise and long term development. 

7 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

This player is not exactly a result of the academy. He has spent ninety percent of his development playing at BIC (Bristol Inner City development centre) from a early age for around eight or nine years.  

He's been in the academy for 3 years! Up to age 14 is hardly 90% of his development

28 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I cant go into detail because this player was a child at BIC but this lad joined BCFC unusually late in academy terms and he is an example of BIC's coaching expertise and long term development. 

So Yehboah is a graduate of BIC then?

Do Bristol City FC have any involvement in BIC?

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So Yehboah is a graduate of BIC then?

Do Bristol City FC have any involvement in BIC?

He graduated at City. He played the overwhelming majority of his time at BIC. Ex BIC coaches are employed by BCFC, and coaches work for BIC - BCFC clubs, as they do others. BIC have links to numerous clubs. 

6 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Rob Dickie looked like he was blowing out his arse in the first half, he wasn't on it at all, not winning much, passing poor, slow, 2nd half he didn't have anything to do however 

Yeboah looks quick and strong which is great, just needs time to work on what options to take

Too early to judge I think he will be a great signing for us and be here for a long time,we will see him and Atkinson together looks very promising 

Edited by Fred89

From Danish delight to Robins rejection: The making of Bristol City talent Ephraim Yeboah - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Patrick and the coaches at BIC did a brilliant job at BIC. Patrick has provided a very positive picture there of what is now a great young man.

I met Ephraim when he didn't speak English, my Son played in the same teams, I coached some of those players. 

For the forum Ephraim is Ephraim, he is known as Ephraim very very wildly across Bristol youth football instantly as Ephraim because of his stand out bravery, courage and intense tenacity his football displayed while playing up and down multiple age groups. Nobody called him Yeboah, he is Ephraim.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1