IGNORED

Worried about Pearson?

Ivorguy

The question you have to ask is whether Nige was more short and spiky about being asked questions he was never going to give a full answer to than he normally is.

The answer to that is no.

Hes cheesed off at losing Scott, we all are, but people trying to make it into a melodrama seem to forget who we’ve had in charge for the last three years!

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Anyone else concerned that Pearson sounds a bit browned off losing Scott and might walk if new funds aren’t provided.  He himself seemed to have been kept in the dark as to whether he will have funds.

A real test of SL’s commitment to club’s progression

Some people read things they want to. I listened to both post match interviews last night . He didn’t seem upset at all . Guarded yes but not upset. He knows how football works better than most . 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Anyone else concerned that Pearson sounds a bit browned off losing Scott and might walk if new funds aren’t provided.  He himself seemed to have been kept in the dark as to whether he will have funds.

Pearson isn't as stupid as some people on this forum, he knows the situation and it's not as if he won't have lost his star player before...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I think he`s just angry about losing Alex even though it was inevitable. Tommy`s social media announcement re his injury didn`t help either - he was definitely spiky about that pre - match.

Hardly surprising, managing news on Conway should be down to the club, crisis perception increases fees if you go to the market.

• Like 3

On the subject of Conway and Pearson...

I was in the Lower Lansdown on Saturday , Tommy started warming up probably around the 55 min mark. By the 65th min he had stopped with his hands on his hips literally staring down Pearson from a far. I guess annoyed that he wasn't already on the pitch

No doubt nothing but it was really interesting to see, I quite liked the arrogant attitude I perceived it to be.

NP is enough of a pragmatist to understand the situation....however I genuinely believe that he thought Scott would be staying until at least the next window.  His philosophy is that you don't sell your best players if you wish to be successful?   It is extraordinarily sad that we have sold our best 2 players, when he wants to build a side to compete at the top, and I  do not blame him for being pissed off.  Bristol City have now   acquired the reputation of being a selling club, whether we like it or not?  You  constantly see it on this forum?, that as soon as a talent emerges, all every one talks about is how much he is worth?  As if it's a game of Football manager?    

And now as we move forward, we need to retain our best players  as   we are now relatively financially secure, and NP needs to be given at least some of transfer treasure chest to recruit some talent, so as to at least prove to the loyal fans, who are the life blood of this club............. that we have ambition beyond being the feeder club for Bournemouth F C? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

I got the sense that when he gave that interview last night, he didn’t know the terms of the Scott deal. Hopefully it does at least look around £25m in total or he will be cheesed off in my view. 

Listening to Peps conferance this lunch time. He said he's not involved if a player wants to leave or an offer has come in. Thats between the player and the board. Of course if he wants the player to stay he will try his hardest. But at the end of the day it is between player and board, and he just has to get on with it. Thats what Nigel will do, thats football.

• Like 2