IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

28 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Shocked Futurama GIF

john travolta grease GIF

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Quite funny seeing Joe pull rank on TGH over free kicks - on what planet does he think he is better ?

Twine has scored a few long range goals including free kicks, so with him and TGH we may be well stocked in that area for once (if he's signing of course).

FWIW Joe Williams set piece delivery for Wigan was superb.  Ask Kipre and Dunkley (sounds like a biscuit empire)! 🤣

Just now, petehinton said:

Have heard rumblings he is to come here on loan with option to buy.

Benson going to Hull. Assume as a bit of “sorry, thanks, here’s your apology present”

He’s better. Hell of a present. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Quite funny seeing Joe pull rank on TGH over free kicks - on what planet does he think he is better ?

Twine has scored a few long range goals including free kicks, so with him and TGH we may be well stocked in that area for once (if he's signing of course).

france magic GIF by Star SixesJoe Williams in training! 

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Have heard rumblings he is to come here on loan with option to buy.

Benson going to Hull. Assume as a bit of “sorry, thanks, here’s your apology present”

Tbh if i were hull I would 100 times out of 100 take benson over twine, for how they play.

4 minutes ago, Jose said:

He’s better. Hell of a present. 

3 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Tbh if i were hull I would 100 times out of 100 take benson over twine, for how they play.

Agree. They seem to be really throwing money at it. Maybe they’re really doubling down and ‘happy’ to lose Twine and spend more money on getting Benson in. 

10 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

So who’s to say Hull who seem to recruiting very well have not traded in Benson letting Twine go back by choice 

If Scott Twine isn’t in Burnley’s plans now or when they come down they will obviously look to regain their investment, which can only happen if people are interested in him. 

Ergo he needs to play regularly (and play well) which he is looking less and less likely to get with Hull. Good business by Burnley if true, looks like we got the short straw though if Hull end up getting Benson in! 

Edit: Just clocked, anyone else think Twine looks identical to Leandro Trossard? Hopefully he plays like him 😂

Edited by George Rs

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Playoffs. That is the goal cor most clubs in the Championship these days.

Sure, but firstly, what's the chance of them even finishing in the play-offs? There's a number of decent teams who will fancy their chances to finish in 6th ahead of Hull.

Then even if they do make the play-offs, what's the chance of them actually winning it and being promoted? Currently looking like they'd be competing with WBA, and two of Ipswich, Southampton, and Leeds. You wouldn't put your money on Hull with those opponents.

Can't help but feel that this seems like a very specultive punt on Hull's part.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shuffle said:

Could Sykes at number 10 be worth a shout as skilful, fast & scored a few.  He’s technically very good and much as I love Knight he’s so not a 10 & this frees him up to drop deeper where he will be even better. Surely it’s easier and less money to sign a Right sided forward/winger than a 10?

If it was down to me I’d give it a go.

Sykes is like Weimann in that he’ll play wherever he’s told but he said before that he feels it is his best position.

Also worth pointing out Knight plays on the right side routinely for the Republic, I certainly don’t think he’s a 10 but we could have tried this without the need to bring anyone in.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Sure, but firstly, what's the chance of them even finishing in the play-offs? There's a number of decent teams who will fancy their chances to finish in 6th ahead of Hull.

Then even if they do make the play-offs, what's the chance of them actually winning it and being promoted? Currently looking like they'd be competing with WBA, and two of Ipswich, Southampton, and Leeds. You wouldn't put your money on Hull with those opponents.

Leave alone Hull, these are the exact reasons for which I don’t want Bristol City to make any loans this window as well. 
I personally don’t think we have any chance whatsoever of winning the playoffs this year (don’t even think we’ll make them at all).

Therefore, any money spent on loans is, in my opinion, a waste. 

As I’ve said before, I like Twine. I really like him. But I wouldn’t pay £5m for him and wouldn’t want him on loan this season, as he alone will not turn us into a promotion team. We need to start building a team that can challenge next season. Loans now don’t help that. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 9
  • Flames 3

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Leave alone Hull, these are the exact reasons for which I don’t want Bristol City to make any loans this window as well. 
I personally don’t think we have any chance whatsoever of winning the playoffs this year (don’t even think we’ll make them at all).

As I’ve said before, I like Twine. I really like him. But I wouldn’t pay £5m for him and wouldn’t want him on loan this season, as he alone will not turn us into a promotion team. We need to start building a team that can challenge next season. Loans now don’t help that. 

Couldn’t agree more. I get that JL & BT want to back their man, but if this is just a straight loan until the end of the season it seems an awful waste of money. 

And we all know where that gets us. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Really hope this is true!!! I cant think its just a loan though,,, we havent done a loan without a signing option in quite a long time now

Because Nige didn’t do loans , unlike 95% of the championship 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

I can get my head around a loan.

I can’t get my head around a loan with an option to buy at £5m.  I guess if it was £2.5m I could understand that, you give yourself some assurance that if he does well you’ve proven his ability ready for next season.  But £5m is just too much.  I guess Burnley covering themselves if they come straight down.

A funny one for me.  Hey ho. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

Couldn’t agree more. I get that JL & BT want to back their man, but if this is just a straight loan until the end of the season it seems an awful waste of money. 

And we all know where that gets us. 

Yep. I think if this happens (as a loan only) then it’s a desperate deal. 
JL & BT have heaped unnecessary pressure on LM with the ‘top end’ nonsense. 
We are nowhere near that. And an expensive loan signing will not get us there. 
We need 5 or 6 of the Twine ability/capability. Not just 1. 

A loan only is an expensive and unnecessary move 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

That is the gamble though. Teams can’t compete with Leicester, Southampton and Leeds when they come down. You have to catch lightning in a bottle and throw resources at it. You can say about Ipswich but they have spent because they can after being in L1 for a bit. They don’t go up they have to cut their cloth like we did. Hull the same. We didn’t get a playoff appearance when we went for it. Maybe Hull won’t. You can’t tell your fans and your team our chances are so low we won’t bother.  Hull are in a good spot to make playoffs. Sheff United utilised loans to go up. Whether that is any good for when you are promoted is another story but you have to spend and you have to take chances. 

For us, we feel a year too early to worry about a playoff push. Not sure we are miles off but probably takes a good January and a good summer again to be there next season. So I can see why some might not be thrilled with a loan for Twine. The fee seems high but maybe if we get the option for the summer it is A) a bit cheaper but also B) on next years accounts. 

Worth seeing if he can fit in here for me on loan and not commit to buying him this month. Same with TGH. Lets see how we get on for the rest of the season and commit to these loans. 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I can get my head around a loan.

I can’t get my head around a loan with an option to buy at £5m.  I guess if it was £2.5m I could understand that, you give yourself some assurance that if he does well you’ve proven his ability ready for next season.  But £5m is just too much.  I guess Burnley covering themselves if they come straight down.

A funny one for me.  Hey ho. 

Do you think there could be an option scenario like below?

Loan with Option to buy:

At say £5m if Burnley are relegated.

At say £2.5m if Burnley remain in the Premier League.

22 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Because Nige didn’t do loans , unlike 95% of the championship 

We couldn't afford loans due to our desperate and uniquely bad FFP position, not until Semenyo went anyway.

Something NP and Gould did a great job fixing, to little thanks by the hierarchy.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2