IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

Just now, Loco Rojo said:

The outcome of this feels like a bit of a desperation deal from City.

Welcome though Scott.

Embarrassing for once I thought our board was gena do a good deal and clever deal but no we give him game time for what purpose if no option to buy????

• Confused 1

Welcome though Scott.

The obvious thing for me is that if he starts playing well and we want him guess what happens to any transfer fee.....................sounds like Burnley would not agree a fee with us.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

The obvious thing for me is that if he starts playing well and we want him guess what happens to any transfer fee.....................sounds like Burnley would not agree a fee with us.

Or what all their fans are saying which is Burnley go down and get an oven ready champ player what a joke. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

It may leave more cash for a striker.

Ok, fair point. My only issue with that is if Twine does well for us and Burnley turn round in July and say "yeah, you can have him but it's £5m now" or "we got relegated, we want him now" we are then looking for a replacement at that point who could have been getting up to speed with what Manning wants for four or five months NOW.

• Like 2

The only way this makes any iota of sense is if they (Manning and the clueless three) genuinely think he gets us up. And he won’t.    

I really hope something comes out saying we have an option. Otherwise the nest egg is being wasted and we are not using this time wisely.   

1 minute ago, johnheadbcfc said:

You lot must be a right laugh at partys😂😂

If it is just a loan as being suggested then it's just pointless. 

Pearson said we don't develop other teams players for them, which was right - we shouldn't. We're just bolstering a rivals squad next season given their player experience and game time they can't. 

If true anyway 

• Like 1

Welcome though Scott.

Not seeing that to be honest , hopefully option to buy but a step up on what we’ve got, why is it desperate ? I  think because as far as the majority of this FANS forum our season is over, we are 4 points if the playoffs ffs😤

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

I guess perhaps something may have happened last minute to change the terms and City weren't willing to compromise if it meant a financial deal that was bad for us.  Perhaps he didn't want to sign perm or wanted personal terms we weren't willing to meet. I can support that if it's the case.

If he does well, fits in and improves us attacking wise, then we'll have a better 2nd half of the season.  

Edited by Loco Rojo
  • Like 1

Just now, frenchred said:

I just don't get the negativity!

When Pearson was here most people were saying why don't he loan players!

Pathetic

All seems very pointless.

He does well and Burnley say he'll cost £5 million or they come down and want him back. 

Rather have someone who is here long term 

• Like 4

Just now, Randy Marsh II said:

If it is just a loan as being suggested then it's just pointless. 

Pearson said we don't develop other teams players for them, which was right - we shouldn't. We're just bolstering a rivals squad next season given their player experience and game time they can't. 

If true anyway 

I agree if we were a top prem club, loans are used by everyone, if everyone took this approach no1 would help develop our young players like vyner and pring