IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

1 minute ago, Cov 77 said:

Not seeing that to be honest , hopefully option to buy but a step up on what we’ve got, why is it desperate ? I  think because as far as the majority of this FANS forum our season is over, we are 4 points if the playoffs ffs😤

The next five games decides whether we have a season or not.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, !james said:

All seems very pointless.

He does well and Burnley say he'll cost £5 million or they come down and want him back. 

Rather have someone who is here long term 

That's a good point, Burnley could well be a Championship club next season.

15 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I just don't get the negativity!

When Pearson was here most people were saying why don't he loan players!

Pathetic

Yea when it will help us and is worth it. Without Twine we survive and miss out on PO’s. With Twine we survive and miss out on PO’s and lose a few million.

Edited by BCFCGav
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

Just now, !james said:

All seems very pointless.

He does well and Burnley say he'll cost £5 million or they come down and want him back. 

Rather have someone who is here long term 

He does well then the likelihood is that the club has done well also.

So with us being 4 points off playoffs that would indicate at the very least catching up with those we're chasing.

Even if we fell short that would leave us in a stronger position when recruiting others for next season.

Don't go slashing your wrists yet.

This forum is ******* pathetic at times.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, johnheadbcfc said:

You lot must be a right laugh at partys😂😂

What’s to be happy about then?  

We’re going nowhere this season anyway, so we’ll just be keeping one of Burnley’s players match fit for them next season.  Would rather see us pick jp a young player from the lower leagues and bring them on for ourselves, rather than helping out what will be a Championship rival next year.

How can you possibly be happy with this situation??

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, James54De said:

Seems odd, from a business sense. Our season is as good as done, so seems money unnecessarily spent. 

I wanted an option but give your head a wobble.

We are 4 points away from the playoffs. It's unlikely but more possible with a new addition.

• Like 1

Just now, BCFCGav said:

Yea when it will help us and is worth it. Without Twine we survive and miss out on PO’s. With Twine we survive and miss out and PO’s and lose a few million.

Might aswel sign no-one because it's pointless then, followed by a forum meltdown for lack of ambition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hull don’t have an option to buy Fabio Carvalho or Liam Delap, but I don’t see their fans moaning. They know that their loan signings improve them, even if it is only temporarily. 

Ask yourselves a simple question… 

Does Scott Twine improve us? 
The answer is yes. 

Of course we all would have hoped for a permanent deal, but we’ve managed to bring him in regardless, and that seems like a great signing to me. 

Nottingham Forest got into the play-offs after securing Keinan Davis and Djed Spence on loan. They didn’t end up signing either permanently, but progressed as a club. 

We are a few points off the play-offs and have signed a player which has improved the squad.

Let’s take the positives for once.

• Like 11

What is the point of this :

- he does well then Burnley want him back and he plays for them in the champ!!!

- he does well and Burnley want to sell bigger clubs come in and pay bigger wages!!!!

- he ain’t taking us up we’ve had 3 shots in 3 games!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

12 minutes ago, Randy Marsh II said:

Yeh my enthusiasm to this has dropped if it's solely a loan. We're just giving him game time ahead of Burnley coming back down. 

Just doing them a favour. 

and paying for the privilege no doubt.

Good player, no doubt, but without an option to buy, we're paying Burnley to keep a player fit for them.

I don't see the point at all without an option. 🤷 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Confirmed there’s no option to buy. 

I’ll be honest, stinks of a bit of desperate and feels a bit pointless. 

Why? You  said we can’t afford it - so why not a loan. Might make matches more enjoyable.

Good player.

To counter those who are dismissing this, he's opening up our availability for the summer. If he earns us 2-3 places, even if we finish 7th or 8th, we are a significantly more attractive proposition regardless. It gets us closer to a Manning side. I am excited personally. 

UTFC

• Like 7

Just now, AshtonRobin21 said:

Hull don’t have an option to buy Fabio Carvalho or Liam Delap, but I don’t see their fans moaning. They know that their loan signings improve them, even if it is only temporarily. 

Ask yourselves a simple question… 

Does Scott Twine improve us? 
The answer is yes. 

Of course we all would have hoped for a permanent deal, but we’ve managed to bring him in regardless, and that seems like a great signing to me. 

Nottingham Forest got into the play-offs after securing Keinan Davis and Djed Spence on loan. They didn’t end up signing either permanently, but progressed as a club. 

We are a few points off the play-offs and have signed a player which has improved the squad.

Let’s take the positives for once.

He also costs money where the fruits go into Burnley’s pockets ffs

So so disappointing. No reflection on Twine but from making Nige save us from a financial shit-hole then giving him peanuts to spending millions on a loan to finish mid-table when he’s gone? The people running this club leave me utterly dumbstruck at times.

• Like 5

• Admin
2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I just don't get the negativity!

When Pearson was here most people were saying why don't he loan players!

Pathetic

Or maybe not everyone on here has the same opinions. You’re more likely to post if you disagreed with Pearson’s no loan policy, it’d be a bit weird of me to post each day that I agreed with it to give that public backing. 

Now those who were in that camp but not posting will likely post that they disagree with signing someone on loan with no agreed future fee set.

I’d feel differently if we had a TGH style loan or we stood closer to the relegation or promotion places. Now if he does well here, Burnley either up the fee or keep him themselves and we wouldn’t have a leg to stand on.

I’m pleased with the identity of the signing, I’m not pleased with the deal struck.

• Like 4

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

Good player.

To counter those who are dismissing this, he's opening up our availability for the summer. If he earns us 2-3 places, even if we finish 7th or 8th, we are a significantly more attractive proposition regardless. It gets us closer to a Manning side. I am excited personally. 

UTFC

Yea and then boro or Stoke come in and pay double the wages.

Have to say it feels like pointless business if it’s a loan with no option to buy.

Burnley will come down next season, so we’re getting him ready for them to p*ss the league again. 

Desperate.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1