IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

1 minute ago, Jose said:

Atleast we have some easy ones coming up 😂

Exactly that's why it decides our season. get 7-8 points or more and we are still in with some sort of shout (I don't think we are good enough but that's another story). If we get three or four poor results in those 5 games we are done for the season because we have shown nothing to suggest we can win say 6 or 7 games out of 10 which is the sort of position we might find ourselves in five games time.

1 minute ago, BrizzleRed said:

What’s to be happy about then?  

We’re going nowhere this season anyway, so we’ll just be keeping one of Burnley’s players match fit for them next season.  Would rather see us pick jp a young player from the lower leagues and bring them on for ourselves, rather than helping out what will be a Championship rival next year.

How can you possibly be happy with this situation??

How on earth can you just throw away the season for christ sakes we are 4 points off playoffs, there's plenty of points left I pray we start pushing on in the coming weeks so I can bring these comments back up.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Exactly that's why it decides our season. get 7-8 points or more and we are still in with some sort of shout (I don't think we are good enough but that's another story). If we get three or four poor results in those 5 games we are done for the season because we have shown nothing to suggest we can win say 6 or 7 games out of 10 which is the sort of position we might find ourselves in five games time.

Our season is done bar cup run. No chance we are up or down this deal is a waste of time

Any time we loan a player that isn't Lois Diony or Ryan Kent, rejoice.

For this loan to be successful from our point of view, I think we'd have to close in on the playoffs wouldn't we?

This sounds a bit like Liam Manning putting his foot down, and not considering the longer term benefits to bristol city.

Anyway, hope he helps fire up into the playoff and 'bristol city nil' no longer needs to be mentioned.

6 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Not seeing that to be honest , hopefully option to buy but a step up on what we’ve got, why is it desperate ? I  think because as far as the majority of this FANS forum our season is over, we are 4 points if the playoffs ffs😤

I don't see our season as over but i also don't see us making the playoffs. I don't think we have the quality at the moment to be a top six side.  

1 minute ago, chowie said:

It does seem strange but we do not know the reasons for this loan.

It does smell of desperation, missed out on Azaz, next best Scott Twine... Scott is too expensive, oh shoot, let's just get him on loan then. But we don't know.

This is probably exactly this also they think “this will go down well with fans” not just a loan it won’t we can see three it

Just now, Lew-T said:

Have to say it feels like pointless business if it’s a loan with no option to buy.

Burnley will come down next season, so we’re getting him ready for them to p*ss the league again. 

Desperate.

Give me strength, not every loan is with an option, 20 odd games left makes us stronger bring it on 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChrisJ said:

Yea and then boro or Stoke come in and pay double the wages.

Good, we can't afford it then, that's their mistake. We have a good footballer here that will make us better right now. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, chowie said:

It does seem strange but we do not know the reasons for this loan.

It does smell of desperation, missed out on Azaz, next best Scott Twine... Scott is too expensive, oh shoot, let's just get him on loan then. But we don't know.

You’ve just described the window that led to us signing Afobe.

• Like 1

Just now, Dolman_Stand said:

Would imagine Manning is a factor in him coming here now so if all goes well and he picks up then no reason to believe he wouldn't join in the summer.

There is no option to buy!!! So there are many reasons why he wouldn’t join in summer Burnley might not want to sell!!! Or another club will pay 2mil more!!!  Or double our wages offer!!! This was our chance to nail it with option to buy and we ****** it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The obvious thing for me is that if he starts playing well and we want him guess what happens to any transfer fee.....................sounds like Burnley would not agree a fee with us.

Their player and they can dictate the terms of any deal. 

I would like to think we would be able to a deal in the summer if he dies well but I dare say it depends a lot on Burnley’s league status 

10 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

4 points off play offs and strengthening the team for whatever comes next how is that pointless 

⭕

Being 4 points off might cut some ice if we were 7th, but there’s seven teams above us who are all closer to the top 6. 

Waste of time and money. We don’t learn, do we. 

• Like 6
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, johnheadbcfc said:

How on earth can you just throw away the season for christ sakes we are 4 points off playoffs, there's plenty of points left I pray we start pushing on in the coming weeks so I can bring these comments back up.

Too early NOW but once we've played Watford, Coventry, Leeds, Middlesbrough and Southampton we will have a pretty good idea where our season is going at that point.

32 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Tinnion and Lansdown jr cannot allow Manning to fail.

This takes the heat off, even if it's just for half a season.

Money well spent in their eyes if not anyone else's.

I see your point - if the gruesome twosome were a tad concerned we could nosedive then Twine injects that bit of quality to steady us ....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Yea when it will help us and is worth it. Without Twine we survive and miss out on PO’s. With Twine we survive and miss out and PO’s and lose a few million.

Got the lottery numbers for this weekend?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

**Taps the sign**

This is totally deflating when we’ve just signed a player all of us would welcome normally. Scott Twine on his own doesn’t get us in the top six, but he’d be a great building block as a development for a squad to get us there.

But this isn’t a building block. This is a desperation signing as a loan with no option to buy. It’s the epitome of being seen to do something because they know, in spite of proclamations, they don’t have a top six side and need LM to perform better than his predecessor so have to throw something at it.

Scott does well - we have the price bumped up and potentially get usurped by better clubs. The loan - which we’ll be paying for - only makes sense if it gets us over the line to get promoted or avoid relegation. Neither of those are the case. So in four months we’re either back to square one and have to replace Twine, or have to pay through the nose for him.

Great signing - shittly negotiated. That’s what happens when you have amateurs running the show.

Were you sat in on the negotiations then Silvio?

• Like 2

Just now, johnheadbcfc said:

Oh come on, give your head a wobble mate.  If by some miracle, we managed to ‘do a Luton’ with this squad, we’d get absolutely rinsed every week in the Prem.

We aren’t even close to the quality needed for the step up, so some serious realism, rather than rose tints needed, I reckon!

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, !james said:

All seems very pointless.

He does well and Burnley say he'll cost £5 million or they come down and want him back. 

Rather have someone who is here long term 

Excellent signing, hopefully will become permanent in the summer, now go and get a striker

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

I don't see our season as over but i also don't see us making the playoffs. I don't think we have the quality at the moment to be a top six side.  

Sometimes it just takes one or two players to make things click

McCrorie back fit & Twine joining could well make us that 5 - 10% better in games and take us on a winning run?

Bit early to give up on play offs but the next 5 games need to get 10 points to keep us interested 

• Like 1

Seems like a direct swap for Andi. If that is the case, we appear to get a better player that suits our team and will help develop other players. I expect we will be scouting other prospects for the summer, who might be just as good.  In the meantime we have cash available for a striker and an outside chance of the pray offs. Always look on the bright side of life!!