IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

Just now, BrizzleRed said:

Oh come on, give your head a wobble mate.  If by some miracle, we managed to ‘do a Luton’ with this squad, we’d get absolutely rinsed every week in the Prem.

We aren’t even close to the quality needed for the step up, so some serious realism, rather than rose tints needed, I reckon!

Let's not try to go up until we have a team better than Leicester just incase we get beat in the prem,  heard it all now

⭕

• Haha 2

Just now, INCRED said:

Sometimes it just takes one or two players to make things click

McCrorie back fit & Twine joining could well make us that 5 - 10% better in games and take us on a winning run?

Bit early to give up on play offs but the next 5 games need to get 10 points to keep us interested 

Next five games I would snap your hand off for eight points with "theoretically" more winnable games to come (we know what that means with us!!).

1 minute ago, TV Tom said:

Excellent signing, hopefully will become permanent in the summer, now go and get a striker

Can't see it, if he does well Burnley will want minimum £5m which is too much for us, if they drop to a more reasonable £2.5-3m then I think that's because he's not had the half season to justify us paying that much. 

Typical OTIB so negative, we have brought in a player who will Improve us, create more chances and score a few, costing us wages we have just freed up by loaning AW to WBA. 

Yet some on here have given up with the season which is only 1 game over half way and 4 points off the play offs, get a grip FFS

• Like 9
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Confirmed there’s no option to buy. 

I’ll be honest, stinks of a bit of desperate and feels a bit pointless. 

If this is correct they, Lansdownes & Tinnion, must be soft between the ears- and wet behind them.....you couldn't make it up!

1 minute ago, transfer reader said:

Were you sat in on the negotiations then Silvio?

Nope, because if I’d have been there is no way we’d have done the deal.

I believe Liam said that loans have their place if, for example, there is an academy player who may be ready shortly and you don’t want to block the pathway. Unless we have the next Scott Twine in six months this isn’t that.

So, Liam, bearing in mind you know the player so don’t need a try before you buy, bearing in mind we need time for you to build so this can’t be a signing to get us over the line, can you explain how this loan fits in with any kind of logic?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

How on earth can you just throw away the season for christ sakes we are 4 points off playoffs, there's plenty of points left I pray we start pushing on in the coming weeks so I can bring these comments back up.

You can’t though mate as you’ll get “just enjoy the win” etc etc. 

• Like 1

It is disappointing isn’t it. 

Im sure it’s been mentioned earlier but can someone explain the benefit to Burnley and the player in this? 

If he performs well for a few months, very unlikely remains with us IMO.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Typical OTIB so negative, we have brought in a player who will Improve us, create more chances and score a few, costing us wages we have just freed up by loaning AW to WBA. 

Yet some on here have given up with the season which is only 1 game over half way and 4 points off the play offs, get a grip FFS

You’ve had a shocker with your maths there fella.

Played 27, 19 to go. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Loan, with no option to buy?

The Wise Men must have a cunning plan that involves a charge for promotion.  The remainder of this transfer window is going to be a ‘splash the cash’ fest then!

Only way this deal makes any sense.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, INCRED said:

Sometimes it just takes one or two players to make things click

McCrorie back fit & Twine joining could well make us that 5 - 10% better in games and take us on a winning run?

Bit early to give up on play offs but the next 5 games need to get 10 points to keep us interested 

Agree and don't get me wrong, i'm pleased he's joined but the terms seem disapointing (and feels to me like a desperatation signing from us).

The difficulty with McCrorie and Twine is that both need time to settle and fit in with the team/tactics/instructions - even tougher for McCrorie given his issues so far he's had to overcome. 

Just now, Kibs said:

It is disappointing isn’t it. 

Im sure it’s been mentioned earlier but can someone explain the benefit to Burnley and the player in this? 

If he performs well for a few months, very unlikely remains with us IMO.

Only thing I can think of, is that we’ve paid a pretty decent loan fee to get him out of Hull. 

• Like 3

Just now, lenred said:

Lots of people on OTIB.  Not all of them have said use the loan market with no option to buy, I don’t believe? 

Pretty much everyone said use the loan market to sign young premier league players (which usually wouldn't have a option to buy).

We literally have just done that 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Randy Marsh II said:

Can't see it, if he does well Burnley will want minimum £5m which is too much for us, if they drop to a more reasonable £2.5-3m then I think that's because he's not had the half season to justify us paying that much. 

Don’t think he played that often under Kompany last season when in the champ’ not sure he rates him so the £2-3 million might be on the cards

6 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

I see your point - if the gruesome twosome were a tad concerned we could nosedive then Twine injects that bit of quality to steady us ....

In that respect it's a very "safe" deal - would be interesting to know how much loan fee we've shelled out and with no option to buy it certainly won't get deducted from any future transfer fee!!

• The title was changed to Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

I rate Twine and always have. But what I don’t understand is we had chances to sign him permanently and for nothing in the past and yet passed up those opportunities, so why now? Strange one for me when you consider Gilhespy and Tinnion were both here when those opportunities arose. 

• Like 1

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Nope, because if I’d have been there is no way we’d have done the deal.

I believe Liam said that loans have their place if, for example, there is an academy player who may be ready shortly and you don’t want to block the pathway. Unless we have the next Scott Twine in six months this isn’t that.

So, Liam, bearing in mind you know the player so don’t need a try before you buy, bearing in mind we need time for you to build so this can’t be a signing to get us over the line, can you explain how this loan fits in with any kind of logic?

But having a player familiar with Manning's style and so could speed up the process of other players picking up some on some of the intricacies, can slot in right away without a time of getting to know the system etc, that couldn't have any positives at all could it?

Or perhaps this is Silvio 'be as negative about Manning as is possible on every single topic' Dante striking yet again.

I'll await your half time and full time threads slating everything from line up to shoelace colours if we aren't beating West Ham 10-0 after 2 minutes.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 2

Just guessing but could we be using available funds for our elusive striker and have talks with Burnley re signing Twine at a later date?

Pure guesswork as I said, just trying to work this out to City's benefit long term rather than short term.