IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

2 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

So loans work for everyone else, but because this club has a poor history of loaning players we shouldn’t ever do it again?

Just trying to see what one point you’re making through the rest of the mess.

I haven't made any point champion, I've quoted our former CEO who our current Technical Director appeared to agree with.

Edited by bearded_red

6 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

I know why he didn't like them or want them. He's wrong.

Really

Tell us more 
You were at the HPC daily , with the squad daily yes ?
you had a good overview of the squad , the dynamics and personalities , and whether a loan coming in would be a good thing , yes ?

Priceless tosh 🤣

#FootballManager

Edited by Sheltons Army

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Jesus, this is hard work.

Nobody is saying that his signing might not be positive for the team in the short term. But I don’t think you’re daft enough to think it gets us promotion, and one loan signing doesn’t move the dial on other players. 

Its not about whether he improves the side in the short term (likely opinion he does), its about what sense this signing makes considering our position now, the time that LM is stated to need, the lack of an oven ready academy player at the end of the loan and the fact the player is a known quantity.

You seem to think you’re a bright bloke. Surely you must look at all those factors and think “Yeah there’s a point there”, but instead you’ve decided that because I’ve expressed doubts over LM then it can’t be valid. Hint sweetheart- lots of other people on the thread who haven’t expressed doubts over LM are saying the same thing….

It's just so negative though, like how can you just be so cocksure we aint challenging the play offs , I'm not saying we will but my god its far from over. 

26 minutes ago, Randy Marsh II said:

Can't see it, if he does well Burnley will want minimum £5m which is too much for us, if they drop to a more reasonable £2.5-3m then I think that's because he's not had the half season to justify us paying that much. 

Where did the £5m come from. 

Being reported £2.5m Burnley end. 

https://www.uptheclarets.com/twine-signs-on-loan-at-bristol-city

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

5 mil "too much"

No signings = no ambition.

Loan signing made, and no obligation to pay 5 mil "what a pointless signing"

There's people on here who want to be upset about everything.

You've missed the massive middle part where everyone was unanimous in the previous assumptions earlier today that a loan to buy/perm for £2.5m was a great bit of business. 

People have been consistent with how they viewed this move. There are some delighted with just the loan, there are others questioning the point of just a loan as it's not exactly building anything. 

There are reasons, stated clearly, which some are choosing to ignore and throw a tantrum. 

• Like 4

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Jesus, this is hard work.

Nobody is saying that his signing might not be positive for the team in the short term. But I don’t think you’re daft enough to think it gets us promotion, and one loan signing doesn’t move the dial on other players. 

Its not about whether he improves the side in the short term (likely opinion he does), its about what sense this signing makes considering our position now, the time that LM is stated to need, the lack of an oven ready academy player at the end of the loan and the fact the player is a known quantity.

You seem to think you’re a bright bloke. Surely you must look at all those factors and think “Yeah there’s a point there”, but instead you’ve decided that because I’ve expressed doubts over LM then it can’t be valid. Hint sweetheart- lots of other people on the thread who haven’t expressed doubts over LM are saying the same thing….

Can't stop with the patronising tone can you? Arrogant tosspot.

I even gave you a suggestion of a player to step in after Twine returns to Burnley (if, as looks likely) he does in the summer.

But continue to talk down to anyone who points out that you go out of your way to be negative with regards to Manning.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Sorry, but you’re talking like some wet behind the ears kid who doesn’t look at the bigger picture.

There are plenty of teams in this division who are way better equipped to go up, but if the seemingly impossible happened, would you be happy to see us go up and get humiliated every week, because I certainly wouldn’t.

Derby’s low points record would be under a massive threat, so I’ll use that popular phrase with the Lansdown apologists, be careful what you wish for!

I'll take the one season wonder offer. Where do I sign?

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Really

Tell us more 
You were at the HPC daily , with the squad daily yes ?
you had a good overview of the squad , the dynamics and personalities , and whether a loan coming in would be a good thing , yes ?

Priceless tosh 🤣

How was he right? League position?

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I don’t think it’s fair to bring Manning into the conversation in this particular way. 
LM clearly knows what Twine can do and he wants him. It’s not up to LM to conduct the financial side of the deal. 
LM says to BT - I want Twine. 
BT and assorted members of the Baird have to go and do the deal. 
The fact it’s a loan without an option is 100% the responsibility of BT. LM is not part of that conversation. 
LM doesn’t need a “try before you buy”. He knows the kid inside out. 

Yep, agreed. I think what I’m saying is that precisely because LM knows him that the loan makes less sense than it otherwise would have - I just can’t see a logical reason for the signing on the terms it’s been made other than pure short termism. And I’d also probably wager that LM would have rather had another player on a permanent that maybe was 80% of what he wanted as that allowed him to build on a longer term basis.

• Like 1

Just now, Randy Marsh II said:

You've missed the massive middle part where everyone was unanimous in the previous assumptions earlier today that a loan to buy/perm for £2.5m was a great bit of business. 

People have been consistent with how they viewed this move. There are some delighted with just the loan, there are others questioning the point of just a loan as it's not exactly building anything. 

There are reasons, stated clearly, which some are choosing to ignore and throw a tantrum. 

And that's the problem with people making assumptions and getting themselves worked up when their assumptions are wrong.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

5 mil "too much"

No signings = no ambition.

Loan signing made, and no obligation to pay 5 mil "what a pointless signing"

There's people on here who want to be upset about everything.

Again I’ll ask you to post where the same poster has said those things.   You won’t be able to.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BasSavage88 said:

So give up and not try? 

I'm not saying we will but id rather try and play better exciting football than give up now and write the season off. 

No.

Look to bring in someone for the longer term, like Pearson did with TGH.

Although he’s been a mixed bag so far bringing in another Mehmeti type makes far more sense.

If Twine goes back to Burnley at the end of the season it will have been pointless.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I don’t think it’s fair to bring Manning into the conversation in this particular way. 
LM clearly knows what Twine can do and he wants him. It’s not up to LM to conduct the financial side of the deal. 
BT and assorted members of the board have to go and do the deal. 
The fact it’s a loan without an option is 100% the responsibility of BT. LM is not part of that conversation. 

You'll be told to check your reading abilities for that

2 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Can't stop with the patronising tone can you? Arrogant tosspot.

I even gave you a suggestion of a player to step in after Twine returns to Burnley (if, as looks likely) he does in the summer.

But continue to talk down to anyone who points out that you go out of your way to be negative with regards to Manning.

The ignore button is there for a reason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transfer reader said:

And that's the problem with people making assumptions and getting themselves worked up when their assumptions are wrong.

I think you've missed the point of the post. 

People had opinions on what they preferred and have clearly explained them. You're choosing to ignore them

• Like 2

I wonder what happened the last time we signed players without thinking to the future. 

I hope scattergun signings like this don't become the norm again like MA/LJ times.

We've got to keep evolving and growing our squad. 

This definitely improves us in the short-term which is needed but long term without an option it's very underwhelming and I bet the loan fee is into the 100k's at least with fair prem wages on top.

Decent player, he's gotta perform from the start, he isn't here for long.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

ok, you want some perspective???

If it was a loan to buy, then I’d be celebrating, but the only real beneficiaries under this deal are Burnley.  We’ll be paying his wages, probably with a loan fee on top and just keeping him warm for them until next season.  

Whoopie for them!

Keep talking bollocks 

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

BT and assorted members of the board have to go and do the deal. 

Wait its not JUST tinnion its the whole recruitment team 

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

No.

Look to bring in someone for the longer term, like Pearson did with TGH.

Although he’s been a mixed bag so far bringing in another Mehmeti type makes far more sense.

If Twine goes back to Burnley at the end of the season it will have been pointless.

Tgh is a different kettle of fish. Wba were skint and we took advantage of it 

• Confused 1

Just now, Randy Marsh II said:

I think you've missed the point of the post. 

People had opinions on what they preferred and have clearly explained them. You're choosing to ignore them

If people get worked up over assumptions they made being wrong, that their own fault and their own problem.

Youre the one who said assumptions, and that's a very different thing to just preferences of different options.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yep, agreed. I think what I’m saying is that precisely because LM knows him that the loan makes less sense than it otherwise would have - I just can’t see a logical reason for the signing on the terms it’s been made other than pure short termism. And I’d also probably wager that LM would have rather had another player on a permanent that maybe was 80% of what he wanted as that allowed him to build on a longer term basis.

But again I don’t see that as a stick to beat LM with mate. LM will have wanted him permanently. Who knows, maybe he’s been promised that we will be looking to do the deal in the summer. 
Ultimately though, the mechanics of the deal are not LM’s responsibility. 
He wants a player he knows. He’s now got a player he knows. 

End of the day, I absolutely love Twine and I am super-happy to see him here now and I very much look forward to seeing him play for us. 
I don’t like the mechanics of the deal, but I’m glad he’s here. 

• Like 13
  • Flames 2