IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I cant believe there are still people that don't understand a forum is a place where different people from different backgrounds can share their often differing opinions. 

I think most are delighted that we have signed him. He is a quality player and he should improve us. 

But can't you see that people are concerned about this loan only deal? And that if they want to be concerned by that, that's their prerogative? How does it impact you if people want to post their concerns and share their thought? It doesn't really does it?

You Bobby Brown ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

Ahhh the old ‘can’t be ****** to back up my bullshit statement so I’ll just reply back  with the same answer’.  Clueless and angry then.  Hope you feel better soon. 

You have the option to go digging through and tell me I'm categorically wrong. You're the one who wants the effort put in after all.

I even (as explained to Silvio already) used the word "probably" because I wasn't stating it as a fact. That's my opinion on the likelihood.

Have a lie down and come back when you've calmed down a bit.

Edited by transfer reader
Changed a ) to "
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Tgh is a different kettle of fish. Wba were skint and we took advantage of it 

So, just a thought here.

Why don’t we buy players from clubs like that? Luton today are fleecing Reading in exactly this way for 2 players because they’re a total basket case.

I said to @Davefevs Femi Azeez, young wide player there is in a decent run of form (5 goals in 11, few assists).

Someone “like Luton” (so very clearly not us) will probably swoop for him in the next few weeks.

You keep saying it is all too tough, get someone on loan. Burnley don’t need to sell & we will keep making crap decisions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, transfer reader said:

Do better next time and I won't miss it.

You'll leave the rest to it, what Silvio intentionally misquoting me? Wow. That'll tell me!

Perhaps you could actually engage instead, I respond to people the way they act towards me. You said I missed the point, fine. Make your point, but make it clearly.

All I did was use what you had said in your initial response to me. If that's caused confusion then fine, clarify it.

If you couldn't comprehend it the first time it's not on me to educate you. 

1 minute ago, UncleRed said:

Sorry I just thought you were calling him arrogant because that’s something you’d do.

Plus I don’t think that’s called irony. More sarcastic? 

You are correct - it’s more sarcasm than irony. I blame Alanis Morrisette.

But if you can find me somewhere where I’ve called another poster arrogant on here then please do. I haven’t and it’d be appropriate to retract.

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

You are correct - it’s more sarcasm than irony. I blame Alanis Morrisette.

But if you can find me somewhere where I’ve called another poster arrogant on here then please do. I haven’t and it’d be appropriate to retract.

Never said you did, something you would do.

Maybe irony isn’t your strength either 😂.

Dear Scott, 

I can't speak for all Bristol City fans, but I'd like to think they share my best wishes for your 19 game loan spell, and that your talent can repay our investment with numerous goals and assists and a great end to the season.

Best regards 

Mark Tovey

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, transfer reader said:

You have the option to go digging through an tell me I'm categorically wrong. You're the one who wants the effort put in after all.

I even (as explained to Silvio already) used the word "probably) because I wasn't stating it as a fact. That's my opinion on the likelihood.

Have a lie down and come back when you've calmed down a bit.

That’s not how it works though is it?  You accuse, you prove.  I’ve told you you won’t be able to so you've chucked the old ‘can’t be ****** - you do it’ bollocks.  
I’m completely fine.  You’re the one who is desperately trying to pick fights and don’t like it when people politely ask you to prove your workings.   

• Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

The way I see it is Twine has been brought in on loan to cover Weimann leaving. 

With City by the sound of it not willing to play Weimann again due his contract situation using Weimanns wage to cover a fair proportion of Twine's.

Its a shame that this doesn’t sound to be a view to a permanent deal or isn’t a permanent deal, but if we have decided not to play Weimann it might have left us short for cover if we pick up a few injuries so I can see why Twine has been brought in.

Great that we have made Garner-Hickmans deal permanent. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Basically back to throwing money at things and hoping that works to help prove they made the right decisions. 

Previously we had two CEOs (Gould and Alexander) who basically ssid we need to make every pound work for us. That's quite a sensible strategy. Passing money up the wall on a loan signing isn't a sensible strategy. 

It is very ironic that you moan about fees and spending, when you are not willing to pay £5 to support the running of a forum you spend all your time on. Now that is hilarious 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good signing! I get the fuss about it being loan only, but I imagine this is someone LM really wanted and will know his style of play well and the board/BT are backing the manager they chose. It would be interesting to know what the loan fee was - might even be a case of doing this on loan rather than say £5m upfront means we can bring in someone else this window.

All in all, I'd rather we had him permanent or with an option, but if those fees were too high then I'm okay with a loan. I'd rather we play exciting football and this looks like someone who can aid with that. Welcome Scott!! COYR

• Like 1

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Something I would do that I’ve never done and that can be evidenced. Ok then…!

What a bizarre train of thought.

You don’t have to of done a specific thing, to do it in the first place. That’s just impossible.

What a bizarre sentence.

56 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Their player and they can dictate the terms of any deal. 

I would like to think we would be able to a deal in the summer if he dies well but I dare say it depends a lot on Burnley’s league status 

That is probably when we would be negotiating to sign him on a permanent deal.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

What does that even mean?

These are independent thinking fans who have their own opinions. Usually the majority show some sort of balance to their views.

You repeat the same opinion. Usually negative. I challenge anyone to look through your posts to find anything slightly positive.

When challenged, you revert to the same old. Stop getting personal, I'm going to mute you then accuse others of silencing you. It's ironic to say the least.

It means if people dare criticise any of LJs or BTs decisions, their merry men will come along and try to defend them by attempting to rubbish people's valid opinions. You know what you're doing. 

Why are people not allowed to post negative posts? This isn't North Korea mate. If me or anyone else wants to post a negitive opinion or a repeated opinion then so what. Were not telling you what you can and cant post but thats exactlt what you are doing. This is a forum mate.

Everything about the club at the moment is negative so very very hard to find any positives. We have an owner who has gone awol and who can't sell up because no one will pay his asking price. He has his son running through club when his son has zero experience in doing so, Brian Tinnion is being primed to be CEO, oh and we've gone 3 games without a win and a bloody single goal. Tell me where the positives are in that mate? 

You'll actually find that over the summer I posted loads of positive posts. Posted positive posts today about Twine. If there's something positive to post about, I'll post about it. 

Oh here we go again with the personal bs. No need for it mate. 

You should get a job on Robins TV. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, BCFC Rich said:

Good signing! I get the fuss about it being loan only, but I imagine this is someone LM really wanted and will know his style of play well and the board/BT are backing the manager they chose. It would be interesting to know what the loan fee was - might even be a case of doing this on loan rather than say £5m upfront means we can bring in someone else this window.

All in all, I'd rather we had him permanent or with an option, but if those fees were too high then I'm okay with a loan. I'd rather we play exciting football and this looks like someone who can aid with that. Welcome Scott!! COYR

100% agree, for what it’s worth 👍🏾.

• Like 1

The agreement does not include an option to buy, as was the case with Taylor Gardner-Hickman's loan from West Brom, but there is a confidence that if the 24-year-old proves a success a more long-term resolution can be reached, albeit with the security such a clause would provide.

from bristol post, hopefully we have atleast a gentleman's agreement over price.

⭕

11 minutes ago, mason said:

So why exactly was the wallet not opened to back the manager? skinflint chairman with no faith in his managers choices, pointless loan

Hmm, we did bid over £2M for Azaz to be fair. That's why I wonder if we are gonna spend relatively big on a striker.

Pure guesswork btw.

1 minute ago, lenred said:

That’s not how it works though is it?  You accuse, you prove.  I’ve told you you won’t be able to so you've chucked the old ‘can’t be ****** - you do it’ bollocks.  
I’m completely fine.  You’re the one who is desperately trying to pick fights and don’t like it when people politely ask you to prove your workings.   

You didn't politely ask though, did you?

You started out by falsely implying you'd already asked me, so that shows dishonest intent from the start.

You've also constantly projected your own anger outwards onto me.

I've had no issue with anyone bar 1 person on this thread, and that's because they repeatedly tried to patronise me and intentionally misquoted me.

Technically it was you who made the claim, I said some things that have been said on this forum in a post. It was you who brought up them having to be from 1 poster and so the claim was that there wouldn't be 1 poster with all of those views expressed.

I said I think those views/sentiments by 1 poster "probably" could be found 

But as it was your initial assertion and claim, the burden of proof is actually with you- technically speaking.

I'm sure this will upset you greatly, so you'll swear at me again and call me angry.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

I just don't get the negativity!

When Pearson was here most people were saying why don't he loan players!

Pathetic

The reasons for negativity are obvious - posters are explaining why.  It’s not pathetic, it’s their view.

Surely it would be better if you highlighted what you think the positives are, than put down people’s opinions?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

How I see it...

Hull didn't want him anymore and were in the process of bringing other players in. 

Burnley want to off load him. No longer in Kompanys plans. 

We've shown interest early doors. 

Burnley bring him back knowing we'll have him and pay his wages. 

That depended on a Domino affect of Weimann going out on loan to free up wages and us buying TGH. 

Twine comes here knowing he'll get games under Manning who he knows, and will be in the shop window. 

Plays his socks off, and takes the best offer that comes along in the Summer. 

Twines agent is Brian Howard, the ex footballer who played for us back in 2013. He's also agent for Rob Atkinson. 

Edited by spudski
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

We're not just 4 points off the play offs sat in 7th though are we. We are 14th. Do you expect all the clubs above us to not pick up any points and just allow us to leapfrog over them. 

Over a period of 19 games, with a good run of form bolstered by quality additions like Twine, yes that is entirely possible.

57 points to play for.

• Like 2

Really pleased with this, but OTIB is excelling itself tonight.  I think we've collectively forgotten what a loan means.  I don't recall it being a problem that we didn't have an option on Tammy, or lots of other players we've had on loan in the past.  And as for all the negative speculation about ulterior motives, desperation, etc - just get over yourselves.  We've signed a good player.  Even if we only have him for the rest of this seaons, it's a step forward.  

• Like 11
  • Flames 1