IGNORED

Birmingham home

Topper 123

4 minutes ago, shelts said:

Tenby ?

All along the coast is fantastic, but a favourite is Mwnt Beach (w is a u in Welsh).

Lovely beach and there's a large pod of bottle nosed dolphins just off the beach around 4pm each day.

As I say, loads of lovely places round those parts - why on Earth would anyone from the midlands go to WSM when they have the west Wales coast ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There was an issue in 2022 in the Dolman v the same opponents. However yes on paper not a lot will occur hopefully, well behaved they won't be noticed.

Yes on pitch, should be hard fought as you say..our record vs them hasn't been great in modern history but some improvement in recent years- home win 2018, away win the next season still 2018, away win 2021 (Behind Closed Doors, Covid) and home win 2023 ie last season. Better than the prior 6 seasons worth of meetings vs Birmingham!

That loss on the last game of the season when they stayed up with Harry the spiv in charge will always haunt me ,

said it many times on here they were there to be put down , we had a decent side but we led on our backs and had our bellies tickled - all that was wrong about our club , the press blowing smoke up harrys ass cuz  he is a face ,  brum fans partying inside & outside as if they won promotion and we played like a total bunch of southern softies that we quite often get labled with by other clubs , let’s see what Niges Bristol city bring to the table Saturday, 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Pathetic I know , but whether it’s right or wrong you go in a home end a give it billy big bollocks your gonna come unstuck .

been to the Mem 5 times never in the away end and only once did I nearly cop it , I’m sure we won either 2-0 or 2-1 and junior bent scored , as the ball hit the net at the blackthorn end I was up out of the seat as if I was at the gate , I’m sure the only thing that saved me was there were a fair few other city fans dotted about ( and I mean quite a few ) think the gas heads were so taken back by how many city fans were in the stand they didn’t know where to look or who to focus on , so a close call that day . Every other time I have been there I’ve nearly chewed through my lip restraining myself 

38 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

All along the coast is fantastic, but a favourite is Mwnt Beach (w is a u in Welsh).

Lovely beach and there's a large pod of bottle nosed dolphins just off the beach around 4pm each day.

As I say, loads of lovely places round those parts - why on Earth would anyone from the midlands go to WSM when they have the west Wales coast ?

Mwnt is beautiful- don’t tell anybody though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, redkev said:

That loss on the last game of the season when they stayed up with Harry the spiv in charge will always haunt me ,

said it many times on here they were there to be put down , we had a decent side but we led on our backs and had our bellies tickled - all that was wrong about our club , the press blowing smoke up harrys ass cuz  he is a face ,  brum fans partying inside & outside as if they won promotion and we played like a total bunch of southern softies that we quite often get labled with by other clubs , let’s see what Niges Bristol city bring to the table Saturday, 

I was hoping we sent them down that day, think we all were.

We dominated the ball but had little punch, were oddly flat- very frustrating.

Took a friend there as a nice Birthday treat, we were certainly upping a) For a win and b) Birmingham relegation as they were the final nail in 2013 and I very much remember the 1999 game!

Dodgy penalty to them, that never ever was and Akinbiyi goal disallowed, which may or may not have been legit. Did not fully seal the drop but a huge and undeserved blow..I remember the club kept playing it on the T.V.s in the concourse post game, we had a bit more backbone then as a club? Maybe we are getting a bit more back again.

Not much time for Birmingham although Aston Villa even less so, hope we get a fairly strong win Saturday.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

26 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Why would we do that ? , gives them an advantage, and never seems to be reciprocated when we go there , just tell them no chance ?( polite version ) 

Yeah 2.5k and that's your lot? They are all like "Please Sir can we have some more". Or proclaiming away fans in home ends, bah.

What kinda allocations do we get there out of interest?

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah 2.5k and that's your lot? They are all like "Please Sir can we have some more". Or proclaiming away fans in home ends, bah.

What kinda allocations do we get there out of interest?

2,000 I believe , sure it’s not 3,000 

remember taking I sure it was about 3,000-4,000 when we beat them 1-4 

Just now, Loosey Boy said:

We had 3k up there last season - their capacity is only 20k too

3,000 didn’t think it was that many but I could be wrong - I usually am so the wife tells me ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I shall have a look at that , thanks ? 

• Admin
9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

March 2022 I think.

Most infamous one was Leeds years ago but certainly Birmingham in 2022 yep.

9 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Wasn’t it Birmingham fans last time who effed around and found out?

In Dolman A/B blocks.

I was sat a couple of rows in front of the problem 

One blues fan inexplicably started on an elderly City supporter, before he knew it fans around him took umbridge to his actions 

The problem was he was sat with friends who didn't support either team but also got caught up in the situation 

The thing that annoyed me the most was he was sat with a Birmingham shirt on, so how he got to his seat without being noticed was a joke 

I guess the revenue from away fans is good for the club.But 3,000  fans in the atyeo stand make a hell of alot of noise. Especially if their  winning,i well remember the Swansea game when they beat us 0-1. "Land of my fathers" reverberating around the ground drowning out the home support,and giving everyone a headache.But Lansdown is not a football man,so is not concerned that giving over the whole of that stand gives the away team such a big advantage.if i was city's owner that would be the 1st thing i would change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnbytheriver said:

I guess the revenue from away fans is good for the club.But 3,000  fans in the atyeo stand make a hell of alot of noise. Especially if their  winning,i well remember the Swansea game when they beat us 0-1. "Land of my fathers" reverberating around the ground drowning out the home support,and giving everyone a headache.But Lansdown is not a football man,so is not concerned that giving over the whole of that stand gives the away team such a big advantage.if i was city's owner that would be the 1st thing i would change.

One thing to mention here of course, is that in the PL 3k or 10 percent of capacity seems to be the starting point for away allocation.

In practice I've not done much research into this but it could be a regularish occurrence if we ever get up.

Given we are under 30k, about 2.7k would be the relevant number. If we ever get up.

(This level, 2k or 10 pct).

• Like 1

That’s a good point ,if we do ever go up prem clubs very rarely give any more than 3,000 tickets max ( cup excluded )

obviously as we have never been to the prem there would be a mass demand for tickets ( lots of people missing out ) as for prices let’s not even go there think there will be a melt down on here , ( don’t know if the £20 away tickets still apply ) otherwise your looking at anywhere between £45 - £90 

The season where we could have relegated them, the week before that final game Villa dropped us in it by losing to Blackburn (with Villa fans celebrating the loss) leaving us in danger of relegation ourselves. Fortunately we pulled off an unlikely win at Brighton in the evening meaning only Blackburn, Forest and Brum were in danger on the final day.

Under the circumstances I wasn’t devastated that they stayed up but our performance was woeful. I think everyone was more focused on giving Tammy Abraham a good send off.