IGNORED

SL Speaks

Silvio Dante

1 minute ago, Glen hump said:

Exactly, and it also reaffirms he hasn’t got a clue about football, he just can’t seem to be able to give np any praise, I would think np has told him and John a few home truths , Steve comes across like a spoilt kid .

I’m sure Nige isn’t the easiest bloke to manage at times but that’s the deal when you employ him. If your ego can’t handle it keep Dean Holden, the best man for the job after a rigorous recruitment process, in the job and see where the legacy ends up!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Lansdown strikes me as someone in charge at a big business who doesn’t really know what’s going on or what the stratagy is and his workers carry on as they see fit, only letting him know about situations if they really have too! 

To be fair, I wouldn’t expect him to be running the day-to-day show at his age (71 this month) and with his millions. In fact, I would rather he left the day-to-day to PA, NP and BT. 

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I don't have an issue with what SL says in that interview. It sounds like he's saying that he thinks we're on the right track…we'll keep doing what we're doing: scouting, coaching, academy etc.

All good stuff so why mention the other stuff that just didn’t need to be said?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

And?…………the income from Kelly’s transfer should have went towards FFP but how much of it actually did?

It underpinned some of our expenditure but anyway.

Whether Ashton, Lansdown or a combination of the two decided it, we frontlowded into 2018-19 the Kelly sale.

Lansdown spoke of his pride of finally turning a profit in an interview about the accounts. Without said sale being at that moment in time we would have made a small loss whereas with it the profit would have been in 2019-20.

Which would have helped us down the line with Covid and FFP but that's another issue!

2 minutes ago, eardun said:

To be fair, I wouldn’t expect him to be running the day-to-day show at his age (71 this month) and with his millions. In fact, I would rather he left the day-to-day to PA, NP and BT. 

Yes absolutely and I work in a business with similar. The main man has his opinions but as he doesn’t have a clue what’s really going on they usually get ignored! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why do you suppose he employed a CEO? 

Oh of course but a largely absentee owner just isn't the best, Idk perhaps I'm old fashioned.

Of the last 3 CEOs btw:

Gould- Largely excellent.

Ashton- Had some terrible traits let's say.

Alexander- Certainly no disaster but he seems a bit underwhelming so far to me.

All IMO.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s nonsense.

Are you not aware of the FFP danger that City were in after Ashton/LJ  handed out generous contracts that only this season have become manageable? The sale of Kelly and Scott have helped balance the books thankfully along with Nige reducing the wage bill.

SL has over the years ploughed over £50m of his own money into the club and I’m glad that he’s the majority shareholder rather than have a non Bristolian with no affection for our wonderful city.

Utter rubbish. Wrong again, Kelly was sold long before Nigel Pearson arrived. 

Edited by fisherrich
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You can be loaded, know sod all about football and own a football club. The trick is to get the right expert in to run it for you.

I rest my case with Politicians and Governments. 

The same thing...said experts run the country, people moan about their lot, yet still support it. 

Same can be said with our football club. 

Moan about the owner, his errors, the way the club's run and it's poor relationship with the public. 

Look at the forum...it's a moan fest. 

Look at the stadium on match day...it's full of the same people who moan supporting it, and an even bigger majority who don't give a damn and just take it as a given. 

They eat and drink the overpriced shit, buy and wear the overpriced crap called replica wear, pay the prices for tickets, put up with the parking...basically put up with it all..some moan...some just go with it regardless. As ' it is what it is'. 

Who's the idiots?

If you can get away with it...they will. 

More fool those who moan about it all...but still support it. 

Happens in all walks of life. 

Hence the have's and have nots.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Oh of course but a largely absentee owner just isn't the best, Idk perhaps I'm old fashioned.

Of the last 3 CEOs btw:

Gould- Largely excellent.

Ashton- Had some terrible traits let's say.

Alexander- Certainly no disaster but he seems a bit underwhelming so far to me.

All IMO.

It’s a shame we lost Gould. The bloke knew what he was doing and seemed to have a great working relationship with the Manager. Exactly what you want your CEO to be.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s a shame we lost Gould. The bloke knew what he was doing and seemed to have a great working relationship with the Manager. Exactly what you want your CEO to be.

Yep, him and NP got on excellently  reckon. He was a visible and strong presence too, not like Ashton thankfully but somewhat more than Alexander to date.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

what like Luton? It's just an example… Wage parameters? We're not going to pay over the odds…

Was there other stuff that isn't in the clip of the first post?

Think the full interview maybe out this coming week. Hopefully this will put a bit more context to the comments.

Are you not concerned by the £25m in transfer profit line though??

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

what like Luton? It's just an example… Wage parameters? We're not going to pay over the odds…

Was there other stuff that isn't in the clip of the first post?

Yes, like Luton and Coventry before that. It’s a daft thing to say when the club finally seem to have a bit of stability. Let the football people do their jobs like they have been for two and a half years. Don’t make daft comments about selling players for £25m every season when those players come around once or twice every ten years if you are extremely lucky.

All the Luton comment does is play into the more negative element of the fanbase and heap totally unrealistic expectations on the current staff. As I said I’m not sure that comment was getting his message across badly, it was sending a message in my view, a stupid one.

We aren’t Luton or Coventry. Concentrate on the club you have owned for over 20 years!!

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

where does he mention that?

Clumsily worded so maybe not as bad as first listening but and I quote:

"If we can sell players for £25m every year, you know, we're building that nest egg up to be able to compete, in the longer term".

Somewhere in the clip, its about 01:30 long isn't it.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Yes, like Luton and Coventry before that. It’s a daft thing to say when the club finally seem to have a bit of stability. Let the football people do their jobs like they have been for two and a half years. Don’t make daft comments about selling players for £25m every season when those players come around once or twice every ten years if you are extremely lucky.

All the Luton comment does is play into the more negative element of the fanbase and heap totally unrealistic expectations on the current staff. As I said I’m not sure that comment was getting his message across badly, it was sending a message in my view, a stupid one.

We aren’t Luton or Coventry. Concentrate on the club you have owned for over 20 years!!

I think he is.

14 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Is it greed to want to keep your own money, I suppose if it was yours you'd just hand it over to the government?

Well I imagine most OTIB users do just that, taxes pay for things like school and hospitals...

..but hey, lets not derail this!

Edited by Red Exile
  • Like 2

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Clumsily worded so maybe not as bad as first listening but and I quote:

"If we can sell players for £25m every year, you know, we're building that nest egg up to be able to compete, in the longer term".

that's a bit too vague though isn't it… in what regard ? To competing with clubs who have parachute payments? Not flouting FFP? Wages? Buying more expensive players? It could mean a lot of things…

• Like 1

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

that's a bit too vague though isn't it… in what regard ? To competing with clubs who have parachute payments? Not flouting FFP? Wages? Buying more expensive players? It could mean a lot of things…

It could mean many things but the chances of us turning a £25m profit on players each season is incredibly slim.

Further, it could also mean using it to underpin higher spending, which was one of our problems in the first place!

If we are needing it as part of FFP compliance plans then we really would be in a mess!

• Like 1