IGNORED

Chelsea FFP?

Roger Red Hat

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Reports that both James and Gallagher could be sold to clear their FFP deficit.

Whether that also is separate to other such as Broja etc.

Yeah need to be sold before 30th June

Every other club knows this so will have no need to give full asking price until July

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Yeah need to be sold before 30th June

Every other club knows this so will have no need to give full asking price until July

The PL still need to improve their system in some ways.

If I was an enterprising  a reckless club owner I could disregard the 30th June deadline, take a points hit and spend in July, August while gambling that the £10m overspend or £20-25m overspend whatever could be offset by the new talent.

Unlike the Football League the Premier League appear not to impose soft (or not so soft) Embargoes on the strength of the submissions. It is all about December 31st.

Whereas in the Football League at best if you are over in your Forecast you get a Soft Embargo in March and you have until the end of your Reporting Period to put it right or it crystalises into a Full Embargo and a referral for deductions etc.

Back to the PL workaround, look to sell them either Summer post June for the best price or by Summer the following year to avoid Breach Number 2.

I suppose the counter balance is you could get absolutely hammered as every case is judged differently and there is no Fixed Tariff...literally a different Commission may see it differently.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous