IGNORED

Few queries about the ‘My Rewards’ scheme

Bristol Rob

I won a stadium tour before the West Brom match. It was for me plus one, Jerry let me take both kids, which was handy because if I had to take only one then world war 3 would have erupted. 

It was a fantastic day. Full tour, went to the dressing room, saw Nigel, walked out through the tunnel, TV studio gearing up. Kids said it was "best day ever". 

We also bumped into Geoff Merrick after and had a great chat.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, pj76 said:

I won a stadium tour before the West Brom match. It was for me plus one, Jerry let me take both kids, which was handy because if I had to take only one then world war 3 would have erupted. 

It was a fantastic day. Full tour, went to the dressing room, saw Nigel, walked out through the tunnel, TV studio gearing up. Kids said it was "best day ever". 

We also bumped into Geoff Merrick after and had a great chat.

That sounds like a great day. My argument is that you shouldn’t reward loyalty with a chance. They should appreciate the loyalty and money spent by regular fans with tangible rewards.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Simple Red said:

That sounds like a great day. My argument is that you shouldn’t reward loyalty with a chance. They should appreciate the loyalty and money spent by regular fans with tangible rewards.

Yeah maybe. Although I got the Man City lanyard and a bouncing ball through points (not chance) and the kids were over the moon about that.

I see some people have had less positive experiences but... people appear to be complaining about being given free stuff.

Edited by pj76
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pj76 said:

Yeah maybe. Although I got the Man City lanyard and a bouncing ball through points (not chance) and the kids were over the moon about that.

I see some people have had less positive experiences but... people appear to be complaining about being given free stuff.

I agree that for parents with young children the gifts would be appealing, but for retired adults there is nothing that rewards my loyalty.

2 hours ago, pj76 said:

But it isn't free. It's based on your spend.

Looking at the comments, most people would seem to prefer 5p off a cup of tea than the chance to get a signed picture of Max O'Leary.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

But it isn't free. It's based on your spend.

Looking at the comments, most people would seem to prefer 5p off a cup of tea than the chance to get a signed picture of Max O'Leary.

Maybe you'd have a point if what you said was based in reality but it isn't.

It isn't entirely based on spend at all - memberships/season tickets get you a fixed amount regardless of price. You can also earn points by answering quiz questions, turning up to a game with the season ticket you've already bought etc.

AND

You still get a discount on cups of tea (incidentally more than 5p) so you can have both the discount and the signed picture.

13 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

£10 off not 10%

Can’t be arsed to argue about this.. you got £10 for season ticket and 10% back for all shop purchases. I normally bought home and away then discount on third. Now I won’t buy any. If you think all is good then fine but I guarantee we are one of the only clubs that do not offer discount to season ticket holders.