IGNORED

DISPLAY FOR BIRMINGHAM (H) - S25, S26 & S27 - PLEASE READ/SHARE

James

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

“This is a display that will mean a lot, to a lot of people”

Not a criticism of the display itself and the effort that has gone into it, but the above statement and the accompanying smoke and mirrors does seem a little bizarre now.

Yepp.

We held up a few red and white cards in a stripey pattern.

Fair play to S82 for organising *something*, but the whole "big surprise display that will mean a lot to the fans" does look rather silly and unnecessary now. Have to admit that my first thought upon seeing it was "....is that it?".

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why nobody said it was to support a terminally ill man I have no idea.

As you are now perfectly aware, if you actually bother to read other responses, the reason “nobody said” was because it was meant to be a touching and supportive surprise for the bloke who is dying. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

They wont do anything Henry, he’s been doing it for 10+ years , constantly trolling with no effort to stop it , even now he can’t stop.

I’m hoping @TomF might take him with him as his final gift.

1 minute ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

They wont do anything Henry, he’s been doing it for 10+ years , constantly trolling with no effort to stop it , even now he can’t stop.

I’m hoping @TomF might take him with him as his final gift.

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Yepp.

We held up a few red and white cards in a stripey pattern.

Fair play to S82 for organising *something*, but the whole "big surprise display that will mean a lot to the fans" does look rather silly and unnecessary now. Have to admit that my first thought upon seeing it was "....is that it?".

Jesus Christ, read the reasonings behind it and see why you think it might have needed to be kept quiet.

What is wrong with you?

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

As you are now perfectly aware, if you actually bother to read other responses, the reason “nobody said” was because it was meant to be a touching and supportive surprise for the bloke who is dying. 

Which is nice, but there was quite a bit of apprehension around me as people wondered what they were being roped into. It's bit like being asked to sign a blank piece of paper that will be completed later (we wont put anything bad, honest!)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nobody explained the purpose of the display  before the game despite being asked what it was for. Why nobody said it was to support a terminally ill man I have no idea.

Not one person around me had any idea what it was all for…………seems like a missed opportunity to me.

Even though it has been explained to you,you still can't show little bit of respect or class and perhaps show a bit of support or understanding to a man and his family in a grave situation. Still have to have one last dig.Sad and pathetic. 

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Which is nice, but there was quite a bit of apprehension around me as people wondered what they were being roped into. It's bit like being asked to sign a blank piece of paper that will be completed later (we wont put anything bad, honest!)

Do you support the team not knowing the team selection on tactics my Pearson?

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

'Being roped into'

Very dramatic I have to say 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Jesus Christ, read the reasonings behind it and see why you think it might have needed to be kept quiet.

What is wrong with you?

Nothing is wrong with me, thanks.

Let me start by saying this - I give my best wishes to the individual who is unwell and his family members for whom this must also be very difficult.

However, the language and bravado around the display all does seem a little peculiar in retrospect. It wasn't a display that will be important to a lot of people, as was claimed. It wasn't a display for the club, players, or fans. It was a display for a very small number of people. It asked for the contribution of a large number of fans, refused to tell them what it was about, and ended up being a small gesture about someone who 99.9% of them didn't know. The only people who will know what it was about are those who have read this thread since full time.

Hopefully you can see why, despite the sensitive nature of the matter, the whole thing seems a little bit strange to many people. No disrespect intended to anyone.

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes, well put. No bad intentions from anyone, but people understandably a bit confused about the whole thing.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

He is the protected one.... 20 years plus

Not sure how low someone can go by trolling about a tribute to City fan dying of cancer, simply put its disgusting from a disgusting human.

I hope the tribute put a smile on the man's face in this difficult time for him, his family and friends. A cruel disease that no one should ever have to suffer..... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

Christ what a dumb comparison.
It’s a shame you & others couldnt be more supportive & have faith in S82 with your initial replies for me to think of this analogy.

Im done with this thread.

So am i.

Well done to those who made a great gesture today and i wish the fella well 

Same, as ive already messaged him.

14 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

It was a display for a very small number of people. It asked for the contribution of a large number of fans, refused to tell them what it was about, and ended up being a small gesture about someone who 99.9% of them didn't know. 

There are about 1000 tickets in the area. 
I can guarantee you without any exaggeration that many many more than 0.1% know Jazz. 
Your 99.9% don’t know him would work out to 999 people of the 1000 in there. 
I’d estimate at least something like 35-40% of fans in that area know Jazz. Probably more than that to be fair. 

So yes, it was definitely something that meant a lot to a lot of people in that area. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harry said:

There are about 1000 tickets in the area. 
I can guarantee you without any exaggeration that many many more than 0.1% know Jazz. 
Your 99.9% don’t know him would work out to 999 people of the 1000 in there. 
I’d estimate at least something like 35-40% of fans in that area know Jazz. Probably more than that to be fair. 

So yes, it was definitely something that meant a lot to a lot of people in that area. 

Let's be honest, we have no idea how many people know this guy. I certainly don't know him, and have no real way to estimate how many do. We can be certain that the vast vast majority of people in the stadium don't know him though.

It does seem like something that's been orchestrated for the benefit of a very small portion of the crowd, as oppose to something done for the benefit of the club or fanbase as a whole. I think S82 gets a slight reputation for being a bit cliquey for this sort of reason.

As I say, no disrespect to the individual in question, and unfortunate that this discussion concerns such a sensitive subject. Just trying to explain why many in the ground and on the forum have found the whole thing a bit strange and confusing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Let's be honest, we have no idea how many people know this guy. I certainly don't know him, and have no real way to estimate how many do. We can be certain that the vast vast majority of people in the stadium don't know him though.

It does seem like something that's been orchestrated for the benefit of a very small portion of the crowd, as oppose to something done for the benefit of the club or fanbase as a whole. I think S82 gets a slight reputation for being a bit cliquey for this sort of reason.

As I say, no disrespect to the individual in question, and unfortunate that this discussion concerns such a sensitive subject. Just trying to explain why many in the ground and on the forum have found the whole thing a bit strange and confusing.

Most people would just go 

“what a nice touch for someone that is seriously unwell” 

43 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Not sure how low someone can go by trolling about a tribute to City fan dying of cancer, simply put its disgusting from a disgusting human.

I hope the tribute put a smile on the man's face in this difficult time for him, his family and friends. A cruel disease that no one should ever have to suffer..... 

I notice he’s now laughing at your post. I’ve reported his posts and suggest others do the same. Unlikely it will have much impact though.

19 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Well, let’s be honest, you do know how many people in that area of the ground know Jazz. I’ve already told you. I’d estimate at least 350+ people in that area know Jazz. 
That is not an exaggeration. It’s an absolute fact. 
So that straightens that bit out. 

“something has been orchestrated for a very small portion of the crowd”. 
I’ve already explained this. At minimum 35% of people ‘in that section’ would know Jazz. 
Yes, it was orchestrated by the people in that area to support a popular chap who is well known ‘in that section’. 

Who ever said that the display was “for the benefit of the whole fanbase” 

They simply asked politely if people in the section could hold up a piece of card in what was a surprise gesture to a well thought of bloke who many people ‘in that area’ would know. 

What you are portraying as ‘cliquey’ was simply a polite request to participate in a nice surprise gesture for a dying bloke. 
If you want to do something for the “whole fanbase”, please, crack on, no one is stopping you. The people in that section decided they wanted to do something for one of their own. 

I’ve already told you that a lot of fans in that section know him and yet you still disagreed with me. This was about Jazz. It wasn’t about the “whole fanbase”. If you deem that as “cliquey” then I don’t know how else to help you. 

• Like 2

Did it say on the pieces of paper that after the display was finished the pieces of paper had to be made in to paper planes and thrown towards the pitch?

Cringeworthy behaviour at best from an area of the stadium that goes completely missing when things go wrong on the pitch.

1 hour ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

He’s earned himself some time off. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well, let’s be honest, you do know how many people in that area of the ground know Jazz. I’ve already told you. I’d estimate at least 350+ people in that area know Jazz. 
That is not an exaggeration. It’s an absolute fact. 
So that straightens that bit out. 

“something has been orchestrated for a very small portion of the crowd”. 
I’ve already explained this. At minimum 35% of people ‘in that section’ would know Jazz. 
Yes, it was orchestrated by the people in that area to support a popular chap who is well known ‘in that section’. 

Who ever said that the display was “for the benefit of the whole fanbase” 

They simply asked politely if people in the section could hold up a piece of card in what was a surprise gesture to a well thought of bloke who many people ‘in that area’ would know. 

What you are portraying as ‘cliquey’ was simply a polite request to participate in a nice surprise gesture for a dying bloke. 
If you want to do something for the “whole fanbase”, please, crack on, no one is stopping you. The people in that section decided they wanted to do something for one of their own. 

I’ve already told you that a lot of fans in that section know him and yet you still disagreed with me. This was about Jazz. It wasn’t about the “whole fanbase”. If you deem that as “cliquey” then I don’t know how else to help you. 

Respectfully, you seem too emotionally engaged in the subject to have a logical conversation about it.

I started writing a reply to you addressing your various points, but I'm not going to bother - I don't think it's in anyone's best interests. Just note that you don't have the authority to "tell" me anything, and just because you do, it doesn't make it an "absolute fact", especially when you yourself have admitted that it's simply a guess. 

I think I and a few others have explained quite calmly and clearly why we think the whole thing has been a bit strange and confusing for most supporters.

Let's leave this one here mate. Enjoy your evening and no hard feelings - hope I haven't said anything that has upset you (or anyone else) in any way ?

I must say, @Robbored, I am very disappointed with you.

I can take your constant trolling for, occasionally, you make interesting and amusing comments.

What I can’t understand, however, is how, when @TETBURY MASSIVE posts a comment sending his best wishes for the poor cancer victim and his family, your response is to post a ‘laugh’ EMoji.

I suspect (hope) you are ‘in drink’ and will no doubt be remorseful tomorrow, but you are really pushing your luck.

Ah, I see that, whilst I was typing, you have ‘earned yourself a holiday’.

Well deserved, if I may say so: I hope you make use of it to reflect.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Respectfully, you seem too emotionally engaged in the subject to have a logical conversation about it.

I started writing a reply to you addressing your various points, but I'm not going to bother - I don't think it's in anyone's best interests. Just note that you don't have the authority to "tell" me anything, and just because you do, it doesn't make it an "absolute fact", especially when you yourself have admitted that it's simply a guess. 

I think I and a few others have explained quite calmly and clearly why we think the whole thing has been a bit strange and confusing for most supporters.

Let's leave this one here mate. Enjoy your evening and no hard feelings - hope I haven't said anything that has upset you (or anyone else) in any way ?

Would usually be happy to leave it there but I can’t let you go without pulling you up on more misconceptions in your reply. 

Firstly - you say “I don’t have authority to tell you anything”. 
Never said I did. You said “99.9% of people don’t know the guy. I informed you that there are hundreds in that area that know the guy. 
Your next response was to say “we have no idea how many people know the guy”. 
But I’ve already told you that hundreds in that area know him. Why continue to dispute that. 

Secondly - you say I made a guess and stated it as absolute fact. 
Wrong. Read it again. 
I said that I would estimate that ‘at minimum’ over 350 people in that area know him. 
I then said “and that’s no exaggeration, it’s fact”. Yes. The fact is that ‘at minimum’ 350. The estimate being that it’s a number more than that. But hey, you play semantics as much as you like. 
I’m not sure why you would want to dispute something that you know nothing about. I know the guy. I know many people in that area. I know who knows him. And I know it’s a lot. You clearly don’t know a single thing about him, so I would politely ask - please don’t dispute something that you know absolutely nothing about. 

Thirdly - you say that the whole thing has been strange and confusing for most supporters. 
“Most supporters” haven’t been asked to engage in anything. The request, which was quite clear and not pushed on anyone, was simply to hold up a piece of card and were assured it was a worthwhile effort. “Most supporters” were not involved. This was aimed at around 1,000 people in a particular section of the stadium, of which a third of those (as I have already pointed out) will know the bloke involved. 
The only “strange and confusing” thing in this whole episode is why so many people who don’t even go in that area have taken it upon themselves to use this as another excuse to have a pop at the guys in S82. 

And now, if you are happy to do so, I am happy to leave it there. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

• Admin
3 hours ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

2 hours ago, Henry said:

I notice he’s now laughing at your post. I’ve reported his posts and suggest others do the same. Unlikely it will have much impact though.

Not normally one to share things like this but there are no reported posts about him in ages, please don't make statements trying to make the admin team look bad 

Yes a certain way people post is irritating but there are also those that hijack threads with childish jokes etc that get as much negative feedback 

Sadly unless people are rude there's nothing we can really do 

The best thing if some one does not want to read posts by a certain person is to put them on ignore 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Not normally one to share things like this but there are no reported posts about him in ages, please don't make statements trying to make the admin team look bad 

Yes a certain way people post is irritating but there are also those that hijack threads with childish jokes etc that get as much negative feedback 

Sadly unless people are rude there's nothing we can really do 

The best thing if some one does not want to read posts by a certain person is to put them on ignore 

I think you’re being a little over sensitive here. 

There have been repeated racist, homophobic and sexist comments by him for years. It’s just not just the silly trolling. 

• Like 1