IGNORED

Plan A with Alex and Plan B without Alex

TomThumb84

The reality is we're not going to replace Scott with one player as he was a much more complete footballer than we're likely to see again for some time.

That's not to say we shouldn't spend some money at this point, but if you're expecting Scott v2 I think you're going to be sorely disappointed.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This is the continuation of the “SL thread” in reality.

Interesting to see how this plays out.

I am definitely 2+2=5 but this would be typical Lansdown to let Nige sort out the shit and then want someone else.

I have night terrors about SL having a bright idea to bring LJ back. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

The reality is we're not going to replace Scott with one player as he was a much more complete footballer than we're likely to see again for some time.

That's not to say we shouldn't spend some money at this point, but if you're expecting Scott v2 I think you're going to be sorely disappointed.

I fully expect us to finish around the same place as we did with golden boy last season if not maybe higher 

7 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

I honestly don’t think Lansdown has a scooby doo about how to run a football club - feels like a shambles.

Mad isn’t it? Some guy comes over from America & has transformed a basket case club so that it is looking upwards with a positive vibe within weeks - yet we are still going round in circles 25 years later.

Edited by Cardy
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I am definitely 2+2=5 but this would be typical Lansdown to let Nige sort out the shit and then want someone else.

I think this will happen.

I still can’t help but think we are not going to ever move on until SL moves aside for new energy, ambition and crucially investment. I admire Nige for clearing the crap, but the overall ownership of the club is stale. I love City and always will, but we are so so bloody average. One step forward two steps back. Never mind we’ll have another cup upset soon we can commemorate on Radio Bristol every 10 years. Sorry, I should no better by now, but bloody hell, yes a cliche, but painfully hit home to me today, it really is the hope that kills you!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This season was the time to judge Pearson as far as I’m concerned as most of the squad will be his for the first time.  After £35m in sales and less than £6m spent (albeit how wisely to be judged) to not back him now would be a travesty.  I’ve gone from being very optimistic to very flat in less than 2 weeks so god knows how Pearson feels and if plans have changed since Scott sold ref funding for transfers then he would be entitled to walk. Speculation of course but not quite as blunt as this but back him or sack him Lansdown.

• Like 3

Sadly we used him most of pre season n he was a key player to the system we are now using, surely we knew he was going and I’m sure there must be a list of replacements like Nigel said Knight wasn’t bought to replace him but to play along side him, so I’m confused

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardy said:

Mad isn’t it? Some guy comes over from America & has a basket case club looking upwards within weeks & yet we are still going round in circles 25 years later.

This. It blows my mind.

I am starting to believe we are being held back and do not want to push on.

I am getting old and cynical but the rhetoric out of the club is all around the youngsters and how great our production line is. Yeboah the latest all over the socials, hype and hype and money follows. Our lot largely are not good enough for a while. Pring took a while, O’Leary, Vyner is mid 20’s.

The reality is clubs buy to get out of this league. Luton being an exception to the rule which SL is now using as a new beacon of success which is frankly absurd. If anything he should see their promotion as an indication of embarrassment in his failure to get us there.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Shuffle said:

This season was the time to judge Pearson as far as I’m concerned as most of the squad will be his for the first time.  After £35m in sales and less than £6m spent (albeit how wisely to be judged) to not back him now would be a travesty.  I’ve gone from being very optimistic to very flat in less than 2 weeks so god knows how Pearson feels and if plans have changed since Scott sold ref funding for transfers then he would be entitled to walk. Speculation of course but not quite as blunt as this but back him or sack him Lansdown.

Maybe he thinks he can crack him ... to walk. Contract up in April anyway. We need an experienced no. 9 (at the very least), totally lacked a focal point today, Bell a daft choice central, needs to bulk up. Need an older head, oh for a Wilbs type.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

I have night terrors about SL having a bright idea to bring LJ back. 

You and I both. I can smell the bullshit now: “Lee has a proven track record of managing in Europe…” ignoring the context he also lost to an Andorran minnow! ?

• Like 1

The club needs fresh impetus from the top downwards IMO.

I’m not interested in the rugby, etc just Bristol City. I’ve been lambasted for challenging the Bristol Sport concept for years on here. But as previously stated, BS just dilutes Bristol City FC. The club just is not progressing. And is in danger of going backwards. Lovely ground and all that, but Lansdown is not backing Nigel Pearson and one wonders why?

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

The club needs fresh impetus from the top downwards IMO.

I’m not interested in the rugby, etc just Bristol City. I’ve been lambasted for challenging the Bristol Sport concept for years on here. But as previously stated, BS just dilutes Bristol City FC. The club just is not progressing. And is in danger of going backwards. Lovely ground and all that, but Lansdown is not backing Nigel Pearson and one wonders why?

Because he doesn’t want him long term - he’s got his eye on Mark Robins or some younger manager who fits the ‘brand’.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChrisBW said:

Because he doesn’t want him long term - he’s got his eye on Mark Robins or some younger manager who fits the ‘brand’.

Not sure Mark Robins fits the bill anymore.

Anyone with any “real football world” exposure comes into our club and is blown away by us.

Look at Pearson. Probably thought he had seen it all but here we we again!

Its why we took LJ and Holden.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ChrisBW said:

I like Robins but we're so stupid if NP has done all that heavy lifting and we don't back him properly in the market.

We sure as shit won't replace him with better at this level.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 4

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I like Robins but we're so stupid if NP has done all that heavy lifting and we don't back him properly in the market.

Not sure he warrants being properly backed. Done a great job in blooding the youngsters but he has made some strange decisions himself. 

• Confused 1