IGNORED

Another big away following on the cards

Mr Popodopolous

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Initial allocation of 2,500 have sold out,another batch(amount not known) are to go on sale

West Brom have had an initial of 3,404 tickets

See two posts below 

On 06/09/2023 at 22:50, xerox6060 said:

Argyle supporting work colleague has his ticket for the Gate 2500 sold ..

On 07/09/2023 at 08:57, phantom said:

Correct and have been approved for the additional 900, to take them to max league capacity we are giving this season

An interesting debate that was highlighted to me last night, those saying about we should not give so many tickets to the away fans. How many went to Swansea (and took over the Liberty) and are going to Leicester? Both times we have been given large allocations

• Like 1

22 hours ago, richwwtk said:

2 free kicks from almost identical positions in less than two minutes nonetheless!

A night game IIRC in the middle of that long winning run we were on.

Fun fact: I believe the BBC filmed some scenes for an episode of Casualty/Holby City at that game where the paramedics had to treat a fan pitchside (in front of the EE/Dolman corner) who had been taken ill.

Come on city fans let’s make an effort to fill Ashton for the next 2 home games as the away end is going to be very loud and noisy. If every person tried to bring along a friend who hasn’t attended before we should get sellouts , make the effort make some noise and cheer the lads on 

Edited by Topper 123
Wrong letter

• The title was changed to Cov city another 3000 sell out for away fans
1 hour ago, Full nelson said:

It's hard to justify the price to my friends who just say, "city aren't exactly good at home" and "we can watch prem football 2 hours east, or 90 minutes north. 

A lot of my friends have been on 'mates rates' tickets, but they look at a match day cost and decide they would rather spend the money in the pub and watch a game, or stream games on their firestick.

They fully appreciate the live experience is better, but if you aren't in the habit of buying a ticket, it's a big ask for a lot of folk.

• Like 1

Wow, don't forget we are averaging over 20K this season. It is the envy of many a team in the Championship and a few in the Prem as well. It is always a good idea to get new faces along to the Gate, but let us not be too harsh on our support, at the moment it is as large as it has been since 79-80.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

A lot of my friends have been on 'mates rates' tickets, but they look at a match day cost and decide they would rather spend the money in the pub and watch a game, or stream games on their firestick.

They fully appreciate the live experience is better, but if you aren't in the habit of buying a ticket, it's a big ask for a lot of folk.

Sorry, I should have said what you covered in your post. They do enjoy the experience of the Gate but the game itself usually falls flat of expectations. 

Our away support so far this year has been excellent and tbf you can’t knock the home support considering the dross that has been dished up over the last 3 years , performances have improved considerably the back end of last season and the start of this season unfortunately the results are still very hit and miss

also Ashton gate / Bristol is a very attractive away place to come usually they get the 3 points also some great watering holes for away fans ( there must be more away pubs than anywhere else in the league ) another reason it’s an enjoyable experience for away fans ( seriously) the old bill here are pretty fair in my opinion up to some of the gestapos we have to put up with on our travels .

• Like 5

10 hours ago, redkev said:

There seems to be so many away pubs now around the gate , if you were an away fan which pub would you walk into and think - opps bit of a mistake coming in here best grab a half and make a retreat quietly . 

Thing is nowadays all the youngsters don’t meet up to have the crack like we used to they are non existent