IGNORED

Hull City away

22A

Just now, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Don't think Naismith can play in a back 4 and pring isn't bad at LCB-I'd go with pring and roberts at left back.

id then play a double pivot of James/Naismith with knight number 8. 

Reckon weiman will be central striker with wells being on bench 

Naismith played the last 3 games of last season there, and several times in 20/21 when Luton used a back-4.  In 21/22 Luton did play a back-3 though.

I do like your midfield though.  If we could dispense with this front-3, can you imagine a diamond behind a front two.  James bottom, Naismith and Knight either side, Weimann or TGH at the top.

14 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Don't think Naismith can play in a back 4 and pring isn't bad at LCB-I'd go with pring and roberts at left back.

id then play a double pivot of James/Naismith with knight number 8. 

Reckon weiman will be central striker with wells being on bench 

Interesting that Weimann apparently played as the number 9 for the U21s in midweek.

With Wells struggling for goals over a fair while now & Bell not looking great there last Saturday, you could well be right.

Worth pointing out too that effectively we have everyone available for selection who could start in midfield;

James, Knight, Naismith, Williams, Gardiner-Hickman, Weimann & King.

When Dickie returns from suspension we will have a clear idea of the first choice 3 there.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Naismith played the last 3 games of last season there, and several times in 20/21 when Luton used a back-4.  In 21/22 Luton did play a back-3 though.

I do like your midfield though.  If we could dispense with this front-3, can you imagine a diamond behind a front two.  James bottom, Naismith and Knight either side, Weimann or TGH at the top.

Yep. I think Naismith is the best passer of the ball we have-really has a superb range and being left footed offers a bit of balance.

knight provides the energy and James provides the control.

ticks all the boxes 

On 23/08/2023 at 21:11, BCFC11 said:

I’d tend to agree. They seem to be playing well at present.

With our ongoing inconsistency it is impossible to know what side will turn up?  At least we do tend to play better away from home?  I think it will be low scoring,   1-0 home win or 1-1.   But  if NP plays Naismith at the back ...any score is possible?  

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1