IGNORED

Arena

bs3

Drove past the ground today and noticed Wickes was still open and it got me wondering when the build will start for the basketball arena .  Planning was granted in October of last year and I recall a start date for the build was summer 23. 

Have a there been a delay in the build or is everything still on schedule.

56 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Project Manager tore his ACL. Architect out with pulled hamstring and Owner has tightened purse strings.

I think you'll find we sold the architect for big money but aren't going to replace him. Though we are looking to sign a young Irish architecture student for future projects.?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, bs3 said:

Drove past the ground today and noticed Wickes was still open and it got me wondering when the build will start for the basketball arena .  Planning was granted in October of last year and I recall a start date for the build was summer 23. 

Have a there been a delay in the build or is everything still on schedule.

I was under the impression that building should have started the July/August just beforehand in that case?

• Haha 3

There was a delay due to the legal agreement with the Council, but that’s now sorted and the planning permission was issued on Tuesday (22 Aug). It’s now on the Council’s website. So, subject to satisfying the pre-commencement planning conditions, work can then commence. 

Edited by Pedrowe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

They’re probably just waiting for the final sign off on any of the Section 106’s before they get started. The Secretary of State had to look at it I believe. 

Do the Section 106s include Ashton Gate station on the Portishead line? It’s just recent comments from Marvin seem to suggest the station is back on the table again, to follow the Portway P&R station that’s already opened and the new station being built at Ashley Down - for the cricket obviously!

14 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Do the Section 106s include Ashton Gate station on the Portishead line? It’s just recent comments from Marvin seem to suggest the station is back on the table again, to follow the Portway P&R station that’s already opened and the new station being built at Ashley Down - for the cricket obviously!

I’m not sure sorry 

3 hours ago, BS30 City said:

Shame they didnt move the ground so there was further scope to increase capacity before building an arena

We don't need a larger capacity.

We need more corporate suites (sadly).

It's the only way to keep football affordable for the average fan who wants to be able to afford to watch the game.

• Hmmm 2

18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

We don't need a larger capacity.

We need more corporate suites (sadly).

It's the only way to keep football affordable for the average fan who wants to be able to afford to watch the game.

We don't presently, however its been muted that the lack of expansion options have put potential buyers / investors off. 

We definitely need more executive boxes! It seems crazy to me we didn't chose to move the ground ever so slightly in the blue print to future proof the club 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BS30 City said:

We don't presently, however its been muted that the lack of expansion options have put potential buyers / investors off. 

We definitely need more executive boxes! It seems crazy to me we didn't chose to move the ground ever so slightly in the blue print to future proof the club 

The capacity of our present ground whilst it is enough for now we are fairly close at times to capacity for a fair number of games, despite well let's be honest not exactly setting the division alight ( and that's putting it mildly) even a moderately successful season flirting with or making the playoffs would in my opinion show up the limitations of the present ground, if we made the top flight and by some miracle became established there would be endless moans on here about the fact tickets were impossible to get and I haven't been able to see a home game for ages etc., one day the fact we were not able to move to Ashton vale will come back to haunt us in my humble opinion. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, pillred said:

The capacity of our present ground whilst it is enough for now we are fairly close at times to capacity for a fair number of games, despite well let's be honest not exactly setting the division alight ( and that's putting it mildly) even a moderately successful season flirting with or making the playoffs would in my opinion show up the limitations of the present ground, if we made the top flight and by some miracle became established there would be endless moans on here about the fact tickets were impossible to get and I haven't been able to see a home game for ages etc., one day the fact we were not able to move to Ashton vale will come back to haunt us in my humble opinion. 

As you rightly say - only truly problematic if we were promoted, & putting AV to one side, you feel a trick or two was missed during the planning phase of the Ashton Gate rebuild..

Not somthing that will trouble us,sadly,until the Lansdownes ride off into the sunset.

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

As you rightly say - only truly problematic if we were promoted, & putting AV to one side, you feel a trick or two was missed during the planning phase of the Ashton Gate rebuild..

Not somthing that will trouble us,sadly,until the Lansdownes ride off into the sunset.

I guess you could argue that potential investors might see the current capacity and think the “club” (whatever that is in any deal) is overvalued if the return on investment comes from being in the PL with 30k+ for example.  They’d be the ones paying for the upgrade and suffering the reduced income whilst that happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

I believe we have two quick solutions to this. The first being to knock down the Atyeo and rebuild it with an increased capacity. It would mean having no away fans for a season, but shouldn't affect the home fans and should only impact one season. The second being building an upper tier the South Stand. I understand it was built in such a way that an upper tier can easily be added. How long this would take and what inconvenience this would cause to fans in that stand I have no idea though. 

2 minutes ago, Pearcy said:

I believe we have two quick solutions to this. The first being to knock down the Atyeo and rebuild it with an increased capacity. It would mean having no away fans for a season, but shouldn't affect the home fans and should only impact one season. The second being building an upper tier the South Stand. I understand it was built in such a way that an upper tier can easily be added. How long this would take and what inconvenience this would cause to fans in that stand I have no idea though. 

You can’t have no away fans (if that’s what you meant?).  You’d have to make provisions for them by altering the home set-up.

I believe you’re right re SS build,

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You can’t have no away fans (if that’s what you meant?).  You’d have to make provisions for them by altering the home set-up.

I believe you’re right re SS build,

When Fulham were rebuilding their ground didn't they have no away fans?  If we had to have them I'm sure we could find 1,000 seats somewhere just for a season. Perhaps add the South Stand upper tier first, chuck them in there, then rebuild the Atyeo. This would give the club the perfect opportunity to move the away fans too so they wouldn't have the whole of one stand.

1 minute ago, Pearcy said:

When Fulham were rebuilding their ground didn't they have no away fans?  If we had to have them I'm sure we could find 1,000 seats somewhere just for a season. Perhaps add the South Stand upper tier first, chuck them in there, then rebuild the Atyeo. This would give the club the perfect opportunity to move the away fans too so they wouldn't have the whole of one stand.

I cant imagine theres much scope in increase the capacity with an Atyeo replacement, also unsure of we would get permission to add another tier to the South Stand with the housing behind?!