IGNORED

Arena

bs3

On 31/08/2023 at 21:53, pongo88 said:

It would be nice to have more corporate boxes and in a completely new stadium it would be easy to design them in from the start. I can remember the suggestion to put boxes in the Dolman. This was before the ground was redeveloped and I sure it was an idea that was floated without any consideration of the practicality. In reality it would have been impractical as a large section of seats at the back would have been lost to incorporate the dining area of each box and food and drink facilities would somehow have to have been fitted in. 

IMG_2079.thumb.jpeg.d4163b4456af29cfc610e4a1224700f6.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I hope they incorporate as much green energy into the project as possible. With a project this size they could potentially run at net zero if it's done right. 

They're hoping to connect to the district heating network, if it's ready. If not it'll be a combo of solar and air source heat pumps. They've only committed to meet the council's policy of reducing carbon emissions by 20% though. So no, it won't be low/zero carbon. 

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

They're hoping to connect to the district heating network, if it's ready. If not it'll be a combo of solar and air source heat pumps. They've only committed to meet the council's policy of reducing carbon emissions by 20% though. So no, it won't be low/zero carbon. 

That's a shame, there is so much potential capacity there, the opportunity to future proof the whole project. It's so much cheaper to incorporate these things from day one rather than have them added in later, either through choice or legislation.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That's a shame, there is so much potential capacity there, the opportunity to future proof the whole project. It's so much cheaper to incorporate these things from day one rather than have them added in later, either through choice or legislation.

Yes, but they argued they couldn't provide onsite social housing due to viability, which the Council accepted. So if they're arguing the scheme is barely viable then they aren't going to have the money to spend on making the scheme low carbon. 

If they manage to connect to the DHN then that would be good. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BS30 City said:

IMG_2079.thumb.jpeg.d4163b4456af29cfc610e4a1224700f6.jpeg

This Dolman layout must be pretty similar to the earlier proposal. It looks as though the South Stand was divided in this image, a bit like the Dolman. I can vaguely remember a plan to have it split with the standing in the lower section 

1 hour ago, Redtucks said:

It's just occured to me that maybe that's the reason so many that sit in the Dolman appear to have seen a different game to the rest of us!!!

:dunno:

:innocent06:

It’s got nothing to do with the sun. The refined intelligential sit there and discuss the finer aspects of the game. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

This Dolman layout must be pretty similar to the earlier proposal. It looks as though the South Stand was divided in this image, a bit like the Dolman. I can vaguely remember a plan to have it split with the standing in the lower section 

Rugger buggers wanted standing in the lower Dolman as well IIRC.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Was there not an older plan for the Dolman boxes that involved a lift being built at the back? Perhaps in the 80s/90s? Am I imagining that?

On 25/08/2023 at 09:56, Pearcy said:

I believe we have two quick solutions to this. The first being to knock down the Atyeo and rebuild it with an increased capacity. It would mean having no away fans for a season, but shouldn't affect the home fans and should only impact one season. The second being building an upper tier the South Stand. I understand it was built in such a way that an upper tier can easily be added. How long this would take and what inconvenience this would cause to fans in that stand I have no idea though. 

No way we will redevelop the Atyeo even a new stand would only increase the capacity by 1,000  no way without houses being bought we’d spend money to house an extra 1,000 people just wouldn’t make any financial sense.

Regards any 2nd tier highly unlikely would need to buy out 7-8 houses and get permission to build/no objection from residents. 

No way and maybe rightly so Lansdown would fund any developments in short to medium term.

I heard a while back Dolman stand rebuild more likely than either end to look similar to Lansdown stand. 

I believe we have two quick solutions to this. The first being to knock down the Atyeo and rebuild it with an increased capacity. It would mean having no away fans for a season, but shouldn't affect the home fans and should only impact one season. The second being building an upper tier the South Stand. I understand it was built in such a way that an upper tier can easily be added. How long this would take and what inconvenience this would cause to fans in that stand I have no idea though. 

No way we will redevelop the Atyeo even a new stand would only increase the capacity by 1,000  no way without houses being bought we’d spend money to house an extra 1,000 people just wouldn’t make any financial sense.

Regards any 2nd tier highly unlikely would need to buy out 7-8 houses and get permission to build/no objection from residents. 

No way and maybe rightly so Lansdown would fund any developments in short to medium term.

I heard a while back Dolman stand rebuild more likely than either end to look similar to Lansdown stand. 

16 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

I don’t quite get that, could you say it again?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

26 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

So you’re saying no way? 

9 hours ago, mightyreds89 said:

Easy for you to say!

I said "Easy for you to say!"