IGNORED

Where is our CEO...who is he?

extonsred

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I agree.

If the club shows no ambition, such as the weirdly timed austerity (I have my suspicions on that), then I would think he'd not want another contract if offered. Why carry on when the owner doesn't seem interested in cracking on ?

I can see him seeing out his contract and walking away - not often a manager gets to do that and it may appeal to him.

Especially when this signals retirement & you are walking off into the sunset!!

45 minutes ago, Riaz said:

And? He wouldn’t put his heart and soul into, if he was deciding to leave at the end of the season 

Out of interest whose intention is it for Nige to not be here next season?  Nige himself or someone else?

FWIW, I don’t Nige is capable of not putting his heart and soul into anything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

That's just fantasy isn't it. How could you possibly know that he wouldn't put his heart and soul into something if he knew he was leaving? 

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Insight into your mindset rather than Nige’s I think 

What nigel has done here - he's been building for the long term. At his age with his no-nonsense personality, i just cant see him sticking around and building for someone else.

Just my opinion of course.

However, Bristol Live understand he's happy here and intends to stay.

Its just now up to SL to offer him a new contract or not. I hope he does, because i feel, he's done a good job of getting the wage budget down and deserves to get the opportunity to see it through.

8 minutes ago, Riaz said:

What nigel has done here - he's been building for the long term. At his age with his no-nonsense personality, i just cant see him sticking around and building for someone else.

Its just now up to SL to offer him a new contract or not. I hope he does, because i feel, he's done a good job of getting the wage budget down and deserves to get the opportunity to see it through.

He’s actually said in the past that whether it’s him or someone else who finally takes us up isn’t that important as long as we get there.  He clearly has personal pride so my opinion is he will try his best whether he gets a new contract or not 

• Robin 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Riaz said:

Can’t remember what it was exactly he said but in a recent press conference he was already talking about planning for next season, I just think he’s a good sort who regardless of personal job security, cares about the players and people he works with. You could see the pride in his face when talking about the likes of Sam Bell in his post match interview last weekend.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

He’s actually said in the past that whether it’s him or someone else who finally takes us up isn’t that important as long as we get there.  He clearly has personal pride so my opinion is he will try his best whether he gets a new contract or not 

Yep.

Same as when he joined on a short-term deal initially, he said he was planning for 21/22 season whether he was here or not.

People talk about the drop off of results, but it’s clear (to me anyway) that once those couple of wins were achieved relegation was off the cards, and it was about planning for next season, hence why we started to see certain players left out and others given a chance, inc young ones.  He needed to find out about the squad, their character, whether the young ones could backfill, etc.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I don’t think you should be that open on comments from fans personally in a senior role.  It also isn’t appearing to align with how majority of fans and the manager appear to be feeling. 

What tweets of Exiled Robins did he like btw?  I had a look at Tins twitter and couldn’t see any…but that might be I was looking in the wrong place…or he deleted them?

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I don’t think you should be that open on comments from fans personally in a senior role.  It also isn’t appearing to align with how majority of fans and the manager appear to be feeling. 

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a bloke more optimistic than Tins, heart on his sleeve, what you see is what you get, and he loves this club. He'll like anything that praises the club/players/management/board etc.

I'd also say that the mood of the support base isn't necessarily represented on here. I speak with friends and relatives who support the club who have no interest at all in this forum and take what is put out by the club at face value. If anything, I would say that the majority of the support base are alligned with SL and the CEO.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I'd also say that the mood of the support base isn't necessarily represented on here. I speak with friends and relatives who support the club who have no interest at all in this forum and take what is put out by the club at face value. If anything, I would say that the majority of the support base are alligned with SL and the CEO.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Granted, this forum only consists of a fraction of the support base, but I think it generally represents a good cross section.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I don't think that's necessarily true. Granted, this forum only consists of a fraction of the support base, but I think it generally represents a good cross section.

You may well be correct with regard to some topics and, just to be clear, the people I've spoken to are fully in support of NP, but also fully support SL. 

Each to his own as they say.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

What tweets of Exiled Robins did he like btw?  I had a look at Tins twitter and couldn’t see any…but that might be I was looking in the wrong place…or he deleted them?

There is one about how we had sold Scott earlier in the window would fans have been happy with our current business. It’s still there if you go to profile and check out posts liked. Also one recently around how the budget from Scott sale needs to be spent on signing up Pring Vyner etc there or thereabouts. This was all around the time of the anti board posts on here and online when Nige came out to say no more business. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 1