IGNORED

Where is our CEO...who is he?

extonsred

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I don`t get this fixation with people demanding to hear from him every five minutes. Don`t we get enough info from Tins and NP? I`m sure if PA was giving interviews every five minutes he be criticised for hogging the limelight and not getting on with his job like previous CEOs we have had.

Do people demand a statement from the head of Tescos every time the price of beans goes up?

The head of tescos would be a very busy man if he made a statement every time food went up at the moment 

rip off Britain - rant over back to the football ?

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I don`t get this fixation with people demanding to hear from him every five minutes. Don`t we get enough info from Tins and NP? I`m sure if PA was giving interviews every five minutes he be criticised for hogging the limelight and not getting on with his job like previous CEOs we have had.

Do people demand a statement from the head of Tescos every time the price of beans goes up?

This was kinda my point the other day.  The structure has changed since RG.  Then there were only 2 of them, you heard from Nige or Gould.

You would imagine that with the promotion of Tins, there is less need for the CEO to talk football stuff.

I think we should’ve heard from in these early weeks of the season, but I don’t expect to hear loads from him.  We saw that sometimes Gould (who I really liked) was a bit clumsy on the football aspects in interviews.  Some of that might’ve been the questions aimed at him, but he wasn’t perfect.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cityboy1954 said:

I think 60 yearsxof contributions is pretty good dont you ?

I hardly doubt that would finance a stadium rebuild and state of the art training facilities not to mention the many millions spent on transfer fees and  wages which can all be directly attributed to Steve Lansdown's investment.Without the aforementioned Mr Lansdown you and a few other's on this forum wouldn't be  constantly  moaning and whinging  about a Championship club It's debarable whether there would be a club at all.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ORANGE500 said:

I hardly doubt that would finance a stadium rebuild and state of the art training facilities not to mention the many millions spent on transfer fees and  wages which can all be directly attributed to Steve Lansdown's investment.Without the aforementioned Mr Lansdown you and a few other's on this forum wouldn't be  constantly  moaning and whinging  about a Championship club It's debarable whether there would be a club at all.

You keep kissing his ass apart from tinnion and pearson bringing the kids through nothing changes oh dont know about you im not interested in bears basketball womens football and 6quid pasties Bristol sport rip offs only looking for progression in the pitch mens footy that is he cant sell the club cause too many fingers in different pies .

2 hours ago, ORANGE500 said:

Problem being said infrastructure should have been the first things SL should have resolved. Not 16 years into his tenure.

As for the transfers spending and wages - directly caused by nepotism and poor planning followed by long periods of cost cutting that ultimately led the club back to league one - this time the exception due to Tinnion (academy) and Pearson (having faith in said players).

The stadium aspect doesn't mean a lot when due to the structure and layout (whole atyeo etc) we tend to have the atmosphere of a nunnery.

As for whether there would be a club - that's just falsely portraying SL as a Messiah. He's a mediocre owner with a lot of money and not much planning. Closest (former and current) owners to him in the EFL in terms of spending but lack of return are Chansiri and Mel Morris.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It's not that though is it. He's not spoken publicly since he was appointed in early 2023. Nearly 8 months of silence and non-communication.

It's a failure.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Phil Alexander. May 2023.

https://www.isportconnect.com/meet-the-member-the-club-and-the-city-are-premier-league-ready/

Plus.

He seems to have seen it all or a lot anyway.

Would be nice if he addressed us, the fans a little more through the usual channels though! Especially to clarify the position in context of 2 years of.cost cutting (necessary), austerity for 2-3 windows (necessary), sale of Semenyo (probably necessary). 

Now Scott sold and yes £20-25m but not to spend at least a bit more.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1