IGNORED

Where is our CEO...who is he?

extonsred

17 hours ago, extonsred said:

Pointed out this Missing Person issue some weeks ago and with the comments on Robby McCrorie topic thought it deserved a topic on its own. People in the club may see it and suggest he makes an appearance!!

Yet people moan and mock Mark Ashton for making statements all the time, now a thread asking for more statements ??‍♂️

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This Q&A sums it up really:

What are some of the challenges the club faces at the moment?

Generally, I think working inside the financial frameworks and getting the squad in the right place to be able to compete. We have got some great young players coming through the Academy that will go onto to play in the first team next season. It is going to be exciting over the next few years giving these guys the chance to develop. But working within the financial framework of the league while trying to get the squad in the best shape it can be, is our biggest challenge.

17 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I don`t get this fixation with people demanding to hear from him every five minutes. Don`t we get enough info from Tins and NP? I`m sure if PA was giving interviews every five minutes he be criticised for hogging the limelight and not getting on with his job like previous CEOs we have had.

Do people demand a statement from the head of Tescos every time the price of beans goes up?

I only demand it when Pot Noodles go up 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, eardun said:

This Q&A sums it up really:

What are some of the challenges the club faces at the moment?

Generally, I think working inside the financial frameworks and getting the squad in the right place to be able to compete. We have got some great young players coming through the Academy that will go onto to play in the first team next season. It is going to be exciting over the next few years giving these guys the chance to develop. But working within the financial framework of the league while trying to get the squad in the best shape it can be, is our biggest challenge.

Again good stuff but why not address the wider fanbase with it. Sure it can be found if you know where to look but a little bit more.communication of these points through the usual channels wouldn't go amiss.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

14 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's not that though is it. He's not spoken publicly since he was appointed in early 2023. Nearly 8 months of silence and non-communication.

It's a failure.

He's done a video interview on the OS, and was on Radio Bristol at the back end of the season.

It's not great, but it's not silence either.

39 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

It makes me wonder why Richard Gould left so soon after taking on the CEO, yes I know all about the ECWB (or whatever it is he does) ,BUT just makes me think ,could he see which way the wind was blowing and the land was laying (mixed metaphors)?

The ECB job was perfect for him given his work at Surrey for which he was widely admired. Once his former boss at Surrey, Richard Thompson, was made ECB chairman it was inevitable Gould would get the CEO job.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

The ECB job was perfect for him given his work at Surrey for which he was widely admired. Once his former boss at Surrey, Richard Thompson, was made ECB chairman it was inevitable Gould would get the CEO job.

Yep. For someone who's worked in that sport it's the sort of job you don't turn down if you're offered it. And I suspect City would have known when that they appointed him thay there was always a reasonable chance of him being offered it at some point. For our sake it was just unfortunate that it came so soon into his tenure 

• Like 3

On 27/08/2023 at 00:46, Mr Popodopolous said:

Phil Alexander. May 2023.

https://www.isportconnect.com/meet-the-member-the-club-and-the-city-are-premier-league-ready/

Plus.

He seems to have seen it all or a lot anyway.

Would be nice if he addressed us, the fans a little more through the usual channels though! Especially to clarify the position in context of 2 years of.cost cutting (necessary), austerity for 2-3 windows (necessary), sale of Semenyo (probably necessary). 

Now Scott sold and yes £20-25m but not to spend at least a bit more.

Just caught up with this. Thanks for posting. Some interesting comments.

As you say, really would be helpful if he could communicate this to his customers and not just some website no-one's heard of. 

• Like 3

On 27/08/2023 at 07:47, Tinmans Love Child said:

Yet people moan and mock Mark Ashton for making statements all the time, now a thread asking for more statements ??‍♂️

There is a balance to be had . Ashton was a self publicist that thrived on the limelight when things went well. What we need is communication, so when things don't seem so rosey , or questions are being asked , someone from the hierarchy of the Club should come out and explain. That should be the CEO , at least IMO. Not be in the press every minute of good times and go awol when we struggle , but be able to explain where we are when things are questioned.

Just now, 1960maaan said:

There is a balance to be had . Ashton was a self publicist that thrived on the limelight when things went well. What we need is communication, so when things don't seem so rosey , or questions are being asked , someone from the hierarchy of the Club should come out and explain. That should be the CEO , at least IMO. Not be in the press every minute of good times and go awol when we struggle , but be able to explain where we are when things are questioned.

Gould got the balance spot on.

He fronted up during tough times but didn't appear excessively. He didn't always deliver good news but that's natural in the position we were in.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Gould got the balance spot on.

He fronted up during tough times but didn't appear excessively. He didn't always deliver good news but that's natural in the position we were in.

Spot on, now we have gone from the Anti Christ to the Anti Ashton . 
The thing is the hold all the keys, they could release a statement done by the in house team and control everything, there would be no jeopardy . Saying nothing is almost as bad as the used car salesman .

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

It makes me wonder why Richard Gould left so soon after taking on the CEO, yes I know all about the ECWB (or whatever it is he does) ,BUT just makes me think ,could he see which way the wind was blowing and the land was laying (mixed metaphors)?

Bristol City, with us you will have the opportunity to experience the glamour of Rotherham, Hull and Blackburn.

ECWB - First or Business Class to the Windies, Sri Lanka, Australia or New Zealand.

No, I don't understand it either.

Can’t see this on here so thought I would post. There’s an extended interview with Phil Alexander on Sound of the City tonight. Hopefully this should address the concerns that many of us were talking about last week, particularly around lack of communication. Should be a really interesting chat 

https://x.com/bbcbristolsport/status/1698682471317946508?s=46

• Thanks 4