IGNORED

Where is our CEO...who is he?

extonsred

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Unsurprisingly for a CEO appointed by SL he’s bigging him up

The message is crystal clear , 

SL has set the budgets as he does not wish to put in the same money annually as he’s done

Oh but we still have Top 6 ambitions

And despite spending time fanfaring new contracts for Pring , Vyner etc , ‘wasn’t prepared on a radio show’ to discuss NPs contract situation 

Hmmmmmm 

Pring and Vyner contracts signed and sealed. Nige still to be discussed so surley nothing in that

• Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Unsurprisingly for a CEO appointed by SL he’s bigging him up

The message is crystal clear , 

SL has set the budgets as he does not wish to put in the same money annually as he’s done

Oh but we still have Top 6 ambitions

And despite spending time fanfaring new contracts for Pring , Vyner etc , ‘wasn’t prepared on a radio show’ to discuss NPs contract situation 

Hmmmmmm 

To be fair, if I was in a negotiation or was letting my contract run out I would be fuming if the bloke I was working for made comments about it on the radio. However the lack of commentary regard NP from the guy was very obvious!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Glen hump said:

Feeling a bit deflated with everything again, was absolutely buzzing Saturday now seems as though we’ve given up on a promotion challenge anytime soon 

I actually think Lansdown and son , still think promotion is on .......

....... didn’t you see Luton last season Hump ?

Good reason to get rid of NP , nicely set up

10 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Nige isn’t getting a new contract ‘ he totally batted that away 

He didn’t specifically say that.  He  just refused to comment on the situation, though my conclusion is the same as yours. As others have said, plenty of praise for “Steve” but nothing for Nigel. It’s understandable that he had to tow the party line, but I thought it was a very bland interview. Perhaps the questions could have been a bit more probing and difficult 

Also said we had good squad depth which if you’re considering 17 outfield players enough then fine.  Then said we need to be lucky with injuries but what if we aren’t Phil as surely we needed to plan for that & I don’t just mean TGH to cover RB.  Seems the fact that Nige consistently said that Knight was signed to play with Scott that there wasn’t a plan B if he went,  as Scott had to be sold as we already had purchased his replacement & added to squad.  

Geoff Twentyman was a hard act to follow but felt interviewer didn’t challenge or probe further.  Fine if Lansdown doesn’t want to fund it as his choice but move the club on then Steve & drop this our budget is higher than Luton’s and they went up,so we can on comparable budget.

Edited by Shuffle

2 minutes ago, redkev said:

Knowing Nige I reckon he will stay as long is possible and do everything he can to make it impossible to be sacked , think we may well surprise a few if we can get a fully fit squad , then Nige gets offered a new contract and says ?up yours im off .

I desperately want him to stay, but I have to say that I would love that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Admin
8 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

He didn’t specifically say that.  He  just refused to comment on the situation, though my conclusion is the same as yours. As others have said, plenty of praise for “Steve” but nothing for Nigel. It’s understandable that he had to tow the party line, but I thought it was a very bland interview. Perhaps the questions could have been a bit more probing and difficult 

Particularly given Nige has:

• reduced the wage bill by approaching £10m per annum,
  • reduced amortisation cost by around £9m per annum,
  • generated sales of around £35m,
  • still kept us competitive on the pitch with a tiny injury hit squad.

And yet he appears to have no supporters in the club’s hierarchy.

?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3