IGNORED

Cardiff City (away) - kick off time

GeoTheCiderHead

4 hours ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

Just looking at the fixture list and can’t believe Cardiff City away on Saturday 28th October is still currently a 3:00pm kick off. Surely that will change. If it does, do we have any idea when they’ll announce the change? 

Possibly 15 Sept as wouldn’t be surprised if it was selected for TV. 

1 hour ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

Still the same situation I see. 4 weeks tomorrow until the game and as it stands, still a 3pm kick off. How many weeks notice have they given in the past of a kick off change for this? 

Would’ve needed to be by 15/09 for TV according to this, not sure about the Heddlu wanting it moved mind. 

https://www.efl.com/how-to-watch/broadcast-partners/

1 hour ago, Greedo said:

Would’ve needed to be by 15/09 for TV according to this, not sure about the Heddlu wanting it moved mind. 

https://www.efl.com/how-to-watch/broadcast-partners/

If they move it, it's normally quite early. 

Looks like it's going to be 3pm. 

Or they will wait until I buy a train ticket.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, redkev said:

Can’t remember the last 3pm over there , was it when the young uns smoked out the GWR pub ?

not bothered going there anymore nothing beat going to ninian park had some hairy times there but great fun .

the Scott Murray game 1-3 one if not my fav , they taffs were angry after 😂

Last Saturday away 3pm was the Scott Murray game 

*without travel restrictions*

Edited by Whitchurch
  • Thanks 1

On 27/08/2023 at 04:59, Sandhurst Red said:

It's staggering that their home fixture v Swansea is being allowed to kick-off at 7:45pm on a Saturday night and yet, we repeatably have our games with both of them moved to early mornings or a Sunday....

When have we had “early mornings” kick offs vs our two Welsh counterparts? Please accept my apologies if I’m incorrect but I can’t remember “repeatedly” kicking off in the “early morning” vs Bluebirds and Swans - I may be wrong ...

11 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Still fancy them changing this. There ain’t no way this will pass for a 3pm…

Don't they throw a normal KO in every now and then, make it difficult for everyone, then state any problems they cause as the reason they have to change times ?

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

When have we had “early mornings” kick offs vs our two Welsh counterparts? Please accept my apologies if I’m incorrect but I can’t remember “repeatedly” kicking off in the “early morning” vs Bluebirds and Swans - I may be wrong ...

You know full well what was meant, don't pretend otherwise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phantom said:

From comments with the SC&T, from a policing angle they only see Swansea as a problem fixture with Welsh clubs.... Maybe it's time to see if it can return as a normal fixture? 

Maybe because of recent antics from the Dolman corner and the away end? Both occasions were Swansea from memory.

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Last season, I wasn't in Bristol at the time though, but it was a 430am ko. So for many people it will repeatedly be moved to "early morning" if we want to be pedantic....

• Like 1

Thought on this.

The whole Football Bannng Order thing in the season of Euro 2024 in Germany may influence the thinking.

As in don't want to risk being caught acting like an idiot or breaching varied rules at the lower end, fighting or similar at the higher end an being banned from Euro 2024! Hence safeish to try it at 3pm on a Saturday.

8 hours ago, redkev said:

Tbf I think a lot of Cardiff fans and even the Cardiff area has a bit like  Bristol and city fans moved on from alot of that business, don’t get me wrong us & them still not angels but greatly improved . 
however when Swansea come here there’s deffo an edge that there never use to be 

That’s because swansea is 20 years behind both cardiff and Bristol in so many ways….a bizarre place, stuck in the 80’s and infested with people with a massive chip on their shoulders. Oddly, they only ever appeared “mob handed” as they say, since the police can bubble them in safely, without it, you won’t see them. Just like Wales away games for the last 30 years, plenty of chances to settle any scores but no, they never showed up. Most of us of have moved on anyway, but they haven’t, which is why you will have issues with them….

9 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

That’s because swansea is 20 years behind both cardiff and Bristol in so many ways….a bizarre place, stuck in the 80’s and infested with people with a massive chip on their shoulders. Oddly, they only ever appeared “mob handed” as they say, since the police can bubble them in safely, without it, you won’t see them. Just like Wales away games for the last 30 years, plenty of chances to settle any scores but no, they never showed up. Most of us of have moved on anyway, but they haven’t, which is why you will have issues with them….

Any thoughts on why? It seems highly regarded as a lovely part of the world yet seems populated by throwbacks. 

• Admin
11 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thought on this.

The whole Football Bannng Order thing in the season of Euro 2024 in Germany may influence the thinking.

As in don't want to risk being caught acting like an idiot or breaching varied rules at the lower end, fighting or similar at the higher end an being banned from Euro 2024! Hence safeish to try it at 3pm on a Saturday.

That's 2+2=5

As mentioned already, it's been recognised for a few years now how this fixture no longer has flashpoints like in the past 

For once improved fan behaviour has been rewarded 

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Any thoughts on why? It seems highly regarded as a lovely part of the world yet seems populated by throwbacks. 

It's a lovely part of Wales, but if you go off to the local towns, they look like they're living in the 1970s still. Sadly economically etc they have been left in the past. 

This must go a long way to how people from these areas interact with other societies 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1