IGNORED

Desperate for a Striker

Dolman Block B

7 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

It will be a loan with a fee due in January or a perm deal at the end of the loan as their sentence was reduced from 3 to 1 transfer windows I believe. They have been trying to get Moore since the summer but I think Bournemouth wanted a fee up front but probably few takers on his wages so a deal has probably been struck somewhere in between.

Could be construed as gaming the system, EFL should be across that.

Will have to re-read the verdict...

Imho this has been the third window in which a striker who can hold the ball up has been needed. We had Chris Martin who did a great job for us in 2021-22, but at the end of that season it was glaringly obvious he needed cover.

He’s now long gone, and hasn’t been replaced, the two home league games have shown how much we need that type of striker. With Nige’s interview earlier, I think it’s high time someone came out and explained exactly why there’s none of the AS money being reinvested, in this window anyway, back into the squad.

When interviewed by Geoff Twentyman at the end of last season, SL stated that what the football department makes, it can spend. There’s little chance of SL coming out and explaining the situation, so why not one of Phil Alexander, Jon Lansdown or Brian Tinnion on why we’ve brought a defender in on loan as our only signing since AS’s departure?

Edited by BS15_RED
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Imho this has been the third window in which a striker who can hold the ball up has been needed. We had Chris Martin who did a great job for us in 2021-22, but at the end of that season it was glaringly obvious he needed cover.

He’s now long gone, and hasn’t been replaced, the two home league games have shown how much we need that type of striker. With Nige’s interview earlier, I think it’s high time someone came out and explained exactly why there’s none of the AS money being reinvested, in this window anyway, back into the squad.

When interviewed by Geoff Twentyman at the end of last season, SL stated that what the football department makes, it can spend. There’s little chance of SL coming out and explaining the situation, so why not one of Phil Alexander, Jon Lansdown or Brian Tinnion on why we’ve brought a defender in on loan as our only signing since AS’s departure?

Well said.

I really cannot understand why the owner cannot see this, as a fan he must know a stong centre forward is a must.

Its not going to happen now, and with the squad already without Conway until at least December i worry for the upcoming season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolman Block B said:

Well said.

I really cannot understand why the owner cannot see this, as a fan he must know a stong centre forward is a must.

Its not going to happen now, and with the squad already without Conway until at least December i worry for the upcoming season

Nige update today:  October for Tommy and Ayman

Sept for Andi

Nov training for Rob

Jan / Feb for Ross.

1 minute ago, Dolman Block B said:

Well said.

Honestly think the creative void is more glaring especially at home vs sides who in varying ways aren't so easy to play against.

Scott knitted it together, passing good, ball carrying good, won fouls in key positions either to help build pressure by winning territory or break up play if we are under the cosh a bit. God do we miss him.

• Like 1