IGNORED

Desperate for a Striker

Dolman Block B

Debt, Losses and Cash Losses are 3 quite different things.

Likewise instalments vs Profit or Loss on Disposal and Amortisation vs outflow for cash Payments for Transfers.

In Layman's we could probably up the cost base of amortisation plus wages of £20-25m. Not for one second advocating that we should but we could if the end result was promotion this season.

There are numerous issues with the club, the paltry player/coach wages Andy King receives isn’t one of them.

I don’t exactly see how not having Matty James is the solution to anything either. Although, making Nige get rid of his few proven championship quality players is probably the next bright idea coming out of Guernsey.

Edited by bearded_red
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Given King and James signed as austerity was beginning I doubt they are on a great deal.

Williams signed in 2020 granted but he's hardly too old, injuries have set him back a bit too of course.

Williams is struggling for pace,fitness on reasonable money james ok sometimes,goes sideways a lot king is just there if were gonna push on they all need replacing or will do by next year .

5 minutes ago, Cityboy1954 said:

Williams is struggling for pace,fitness on reasonable money james ok sometimes,goes sideways a lot king is just there if were gonna push on they all need replacing or will do by next year .

I don't think the midfield balance is quite right tbh . At home especially..Naismith starting feels a must for me, question is who drops out.

King can cover, he's very much a lowish cost experienced depth player. James IMO can be quite safe nut won't really push a side on vs deep lying opposition at home..Williams of Wigan  few years ago pre injury had some good bite, now I dunno. Has his food and bad points but better away from home?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Additionally, does anyone else think that the reason that Nige isnt being backed is because of the uncertainty regarding his contract situation. Im worried that nige is gunna hand SL a letter telling him that hes gunna retire at the end of the season.

Way things are I can sense NP doing that well before the end of the season 

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

It couldn't be us, could it?

BristolWorld believes that an unnamed Championship side that is not Stoke City as previously reported, holds an interest in Collins, but that is as far as it goes. A club in question has recently received a transfer windfall from the sale of one of their key players to a rival and could consider Collins as a potential replacement.

Hope not mates a gashead one season wonder .

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't think the midfield balance is quite right tbh . At home especially..Naismith starting feels a must for me, question is who drops out.

King can cover, he's very much a lowish cost experienced depth player. James IMO can be quite safe nut won't really push a side on vs deep lying opposition at home..Williams of Wigan  few years ago pre injury had some good bite, now I dunno. Has his food and bad points but better away from home?

Agree naysmith knight and Gardner-taylor for me in midfield were getting done in the midfield most weeks use the others as subs to shut the game down if needed.

5 hours ago, BCFCinNW6 said:

An unpopular opinion maybe but Wells and Weimann should've been moved on last year IMO. Too old and taking up a huge chunk of the wage budget. 

I said to my mate at the time of Weimann being top scorer that we should have cashed in on him then. He was never going to do that again and at the time we could have got a decent fee for him 

5 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

To be fair, Pearson has been backed in the final third.  He has signed or re-signed Wells, Cornick, Weimann, Sykes and Mehmetti. He also has one very good kid in Conway and one in Bell who he seems to like.  Who out of those 7 are currently good enough?  Let’s not pretend that this isn’t Pearson’s squad now 

24 ish signings. He's signed 2 squads.

1 hour ago, Littlesh*t said:

I said to my mate at the time of Weimann being top scorer that we should have cashed in on him then. He was never going to do that again and at the time we could have got a decent fee for him 

Was anyone interested?

50 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

24 ish signings. He's signed 2 squads.

Current players (14) signed by Nige:

image.png.84bfe5258ddc109cb9a5b9d1128c89e3.png

Signings (4) by Pearson, no longer here:

image.png.b51216b329e058fd7ec82595581b63f2.png

18 - not even a match day 20!!!  Simpson, Klose and Haikin all initially signed on short term contracts, Simpson and Klose extended.

To have only “churned” 4 players in 5 windows is pretty low.

Recruitment still has some work to do, it’s still nowhere near optimal, but it’s better than it was imho.

* neither Baker nor Weimann went OOC.  Baker was put on released list, Weimann wasn’t.

** a squad isn’t 12 players! ?

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was anyone interested?

18 - not even a match day 20!!!  Simpson, Klose and Haikin all initially signed on short term contracts, Simpson and Klose extended.

Recruitment still has some work to do, it’s still nowhere near optimal, but it’s better than it was imho.

* neither Baker nor Weimann went OOC.  Baker was put on released list, Weimann wasn’t.

I highly doubt we couldn't have drummed up a bit of interest in the divisions 2nd highest scorer. 

Especially when we had Semenyo coming through properly, even £5m ish at the time would have helped strengthen  the side in areas where it was needed.

I really struggle with weimann as he is an intelligent player but I just don't see what he is, especially in our current system 

21 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

I highly doubt we couldn't have drummed up a bit of interest in the divisions 2nd highest scorer. 

Especially when we had Semenyo coming through properly, even £5m ish at the time would have helped strengthen  the side in areas where it was needed.

I really struggle with weimann as he is an intelligent player but I just don't see what he is, especially in our current system 

I suspect we wanted to keep Andi!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was anyone interested?

- Pring , Wells, you’ve mention Baker, Weimann. He resigned him so they count IMO. He’s decent to offer a new deal. 

So 22 (2 squads) I said “24ish” as I don’t keep spreadsheets of players (Im impressed I even got that close) as I was trying to count in my head whilst doing putting the baby down. So It’s totally Pearson’s team.  

The squad is only 2 light if as most on here are happy with Max.

1 midfield with legs a bit like Knight but a bit more creative.

1 Striker (maybe only needed to Jan) Need a dif type someone with more physicality and preferably still run in behind.

We have more competition than I can recall in recent years.

Maybe not out and out quality but the depth and competition is there.

Nige has done a pretty good job on building the squad.

You could argue  a CB but when Atkinson back we have 4 who will all think they should be starting and maybe 3 others that can cover and prob do a decent job. 

Maybe with some Measengo Money we will get one or both over the line for Friday.

I think Nige knows what we need and it’s down to the club to back him.

4 minutes ago, Better Red said:

The squad is only 2 light if as most on here are happy with Max.

1 midfield with legs a bit like Knight but a bit more creative.

1 Striker (maybe only needed to Jan) Need a dif type someone with more physicality and preferably still run in behind.

We have more competition than I can recall in recent years.

Maybe not out and out quality but the depth and competition is there.

Nige has done a pretty good job on building the squad.

You could argue  a CB but when Atkinson back we have 4 who will all think they should be starting and maybe 3 others that can cover and prob do a decent job. 

Maybe with some Measengo Money we will get one or both over the line for Friday.

I think Nige knows what we need and it’s down to the club to back him.

It is down to the club to back him!!!

This is only going to go one way if we don’t bring in a decent striker and he even may end up losing his job because of it. 

Forums and social media sites are dismayed that NP has not been given any money and the owners will have to prepare for a massive backlash. 

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

It is down to the club to back him!!!

This is only going to go one way if we don’t bring in a decent striker and he even may end up losing his job because of it. 

Forums and social media sites are dismayed that NP has not been given any money and the owners will have to prepare for a massive backlash. 

I would also add a creative midfielder, a 4th CB given uncertainty over Atkinson fitness wise preferably left footed.

Striker not so much a few weeks ago but now with Weimann and Conway issues yes.

Lastly GK. O'Leary has his merits nut needs some more established competition or depth.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

59 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

- Pring , Wells, you’ve mention Baker, Weimann. He resigned him so they count IMO. He’s decent to offer a new deal. 

So 22 (2 squads) I said “24ish” as I don’t keep spreadsheets of players (Im impressed I even got that close) as I was trying to count in my head whilst doing putting the baby down. So It’s totally Pearson’s team.  

So you’re also including players he’s extended contracts too.  Ok, got you.

Joe Williams is the only player here Nige hasn’t “touched” ?

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

Cardiff fans saying they are close to getting K Moore back in on loan for the rest of the season.

I thought their hands were tied finacally ?

They are but are taking some element of risk. Where as we have gone completely the other way. Moore would give us a focal point, he’s a clever player and a very good finisher. 

52 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They can neither pay transfer fees nor loan fees this window so...if someone could explain that one.

It will be a loan with a fee due in January or a perm deal at the end of the loan as their sentence was reduced from 3 to 1 transfer windows I believe. They have been trying to get Moore since the summer but I think Bournemouth wanted a fee up front but probably few takers on his wages so a deal has probably been struck somewhere in between.