IGNORED

What is going on?

Jerseybean

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

No one actually believes LJ would be appointed as manager again do they? 

I do. 

I'm not saying that it will happen, but if Lansdown is really nearing his exit, I would put money on it being his final point to the supporters. 

I.e. "It is/was MY club".

12 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Agree. On current paper , looks like we've had a tough opening to the season. Time will tell. 

Swansea have had a desperate start so we should pick up 3 points there if the early table isn't lying.

Really hope so as WBA and Plymouth visit us next then it doesnt get easier, harder in fact; Liecs and Stoke away; tough month but point is there are NO easy games and we have lost some good players and yet it seems SL is content to sit on the wadge and do.....not a lot.

signed worried bedwetter

Edited by wtf

9 minutes ago, Street red said:

With that all happening lts only going to come back to the board this isn't nige's fault this is down to the board and owner.

Soon as the board have fans turn on them its down hill from there.

When a fanbase turns on the owners there’s only one outcome. The manager gets sacked 

4 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Ffs Johnson isn’t coming back. SL might go for it, but LJ most certainly wouldn’t. 

Really?

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

When a fanbase turns on the owners there’s only one outcome. The manager gets sacked 

Unfortunately so.

10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

No one actually believes LJ would be appointed as manager again do they? 

Well I’d be willing to bet that SL’s shortlist for next manager looks something like this:

1) Mark Robins*

2) Lee Johnson

3) Internal candidate/promotion 

*Not gonna happen 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Whilst I have been underwhelmed by Pearson performance and entertainment wise since his appointment, what is without doubt is his professionalism, he seems to be the face of Bristol City at the moment, appears to have minimal backing, and is fronting our club pretty much single handidly.

I remember the first few years of back in the championship and in particular the season we beat Man Utd, and Steve and Jon Lansdown made regular appearances on Sky sports and local news and seemed to enjoy the limelight they were getting.

They appear to have left Pearson to front it out on his own which is very poor form.

Well said - let alone SL's general absence, what words of wisdom have we heard from JL since last seasons "we should be doing better" comment?

10 minutes ago, wtf said:

Really hope so as WBA and Plymouth visit us next then it doesnt get easier, harder in fact; Liecs and Stoke away; tough month but point is there are NO easy games and we have lost some good players and yet it seems SL is content to sit on the wadge and do.....not a lot.

signed worried bedwetter

Could work out that we are better than Plymouth, WB, Stoke........maybe not Leicester. We just don't know yet. 

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

“Stevie, Stevie

We don’t need to escalate

Johnsons not the answer

All you do is employ your mate

You know we’ve got to find a way

To spend some money here today

The FFP (brother) won’t block our way

Don’t punish me with Little Lee

Talk to me 

And tell City

Whats Goin on (What’s going on)

Whats Goin on (What’s going on)”

Can't understand why we don't sing the song that Stevie Wonder wrote just for us.

Living for the City.

3 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

I’m seeking some genuine clarification via this post please.

As it happens yesterday the forum was unavailable then today it’s full of rumours and conspiracies about the demise of Nigel Pearson.

These are the two primary questions I have, what has happened and why has it happened now?

I’m aware that some people have linked the failure to secure Adam Murphy and the fact that LJ is now unemployed to the rumors that NP is to be shown in the door, but I really don’t get it and would appreciate anybody helping me to do so.

In a nutshell when IMO he has done such a solid job in creating a sustainable and professional culture, cut the wage bill, recruited wisely and on a limited budget, developed young players, and so on, would we ever want to replace him with somebody else? The only explanation I have to why this would happen would be if he didn’t want to continue when his current contract expires.

Perhaps I am missing the point big time but I would really appreciate any insights into why these rumors are so rife at this particular time.

Thank you in anticipation.

Think it’s a big overreaction regarding last night. We weren’t great going forward but it’s a cup game against another Championship team and those results are always a bit of a freak (bit like when we hammered a West Brom team who were in excellent form). 

4 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Think it’s a big overreaction regarding last night. We weren’t great going forward but it’s a cup game against another Championship team and those results are always a bit of a freak (bit like when we hammered a West Brom team who were in excellent form). 

Maybe because of the pre season optimism, maybe our poor home form, maybe genuine questions over SL and NP, but…

I have never known complete melt downs like over the last two weeks, four league games in to a season where we have won one, lost won, drawn two. It’s off the scale and slightly bizarre.

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, BasSavage88 said:

People are finally seeing Pearson's multiple failures as a manager because the people defending him can't really fall back on it being Johnson and Ashton's fault any more 

Bas Savage, is it?

Your IQ's about the same as his career goal tally, mate.

Don't bother looking it up, I'll tell you what that is  - it's F**kwit. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 2

Seems to me many fans are (trying to find the right word here) "dis-heartened" we dont know the ins and outs of the transfer situation wages/fees but we see what we have lost and what is reported we get in return for those losses.

We hear we have now had Kalas, on no small wage, taken off our wage bill and read that we are still at our wage limit..............how can that be?

We see injuries to Conway and AW yet still we hear our benefactor refuses to loosen the purse strings, guessing the players also notice our inactivity, even if its just a couple more temp loans,

NP must be looking at his home and family and thinking maybe fed up fans and players v family and homelife, no contest....what am I doing here.

Need a result tomorrow for sure to lift spirits, if not, AT LEAST some Pride, Passion, Belief will do.

Urgent need of a ralling cry from our leader, birthday party over. Steve your club needs you. :dunno:

1 hour ago, wtf said:

We hear we have now had Kalas, on no small wage, taken off our wage bill and read that we are still at our wage limit..............how can that be?

Because the wage structure when Kalas was brought in accommodated that higher wage, and we are now operating at a point where Kalas' old wage is not within the strategy. 

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Because the wage structure when Kalas was brought in accommodated that higher wage, and we are now operating at a point where Kalas' old wage is not within the strategy. 

You’re correct.

The more important question though is at what point did the contract we offered him on reduced terms get taken off the table & that money was considered to have been already spent elsewhere?

If it was when the West Brom lad arrived that means we were never planning to spend anything from the Scott sale.

That’s certainly not the message I heard from SL when we were trying to flog season tickets.

I’m not someone who was ever expecting the 5 or 6 signings that was being suggested by the wilder ones on here, but looking at the squad, with a goalkeeper who lost his place in the French second division last season as our back up, not enough players to fill a subs bench 2 games running already & several positions where we appear to have one genuine option, that looks like taking caution to the extreme.

Said it before, thanks for the infrastructure Steve, but move on now as we are drifting under you & your clueless son.

• Like 13

10 hours ago, cityexile said:

Maybe because of the pre season optimism, maybe our poor home form, maybe genuine questions over SL and NP, but…

I have never known complete melt downs like over the last two weeks, four league games in to a season where we have won one, lost won, drawn two. It’s off the scale and slightly bizarre.

I think the fanbase have been rightly very understanding over the last three, poor, seasons and they have been fed a message that this year is for a play off push. 

Instead we see barely any reinvestment (and no I'm not talking 5 players on 20k p/w but one or two starting players in the right positions) and other similarly resourced clubs like Stoke, Coventry, Birmingham, Hull going for it and improving in a way that we are not. In fact we barely look capable of scoring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Change the strategy?

no clue what Kalas was on but would guess we could get someone for half of whatever "higher wage" he was on, even temp loan.

NP seems to be the only public info line coming from our club which is poor and he didnt sign up for that.

17 minutes ago, wtf said:

Change the strategy?

no clue what Kalas was on but would guess we could get someone for half of whatever "higher wage" he was on, even temp loan.

NP seems to be the only public info line coming from our club which is poor and he didnt sign up for that.

And would we expect a player willing to accept half of Kalas' wage to be as good a player as Kalas? Or would that inevitably be a downgrade?

If we're really only signing players that improve the squad, then I think there is consistency to be seen there, if we want to see it.

I'll always agree that communication is poor from the club and they should explain decisions and the rationale behind them to fans.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

You’re correct.

The more important question though is at what point did the contract we offered him on reduced terms get taken off the table & that money was considered to have been already spent elsewhere?

If it was when the West Brom lad arrived that means we were never planning to spend anything from the Scott sale.

That’s certainly not the message I heard from SL when we were trying to flog season tickets.

I’m not someone who was ever expecting the 5 or 6 signings that was being suggested by the wilder ones on here, but looking at the squad, with a goalkeeper who lost his place in the French second division last season as our back up, not enough players to fill a subs bench 2 games running already & several positions where we appear to have one genuine option, that looks like taking caution to the extreme.

Said it before, thanks for the infrastructure Steve, but move on now as we are drifting under you & your clueless son.

Agree totally with the sentiment of this post, but I still think 9 subs is ridiculous…and although I’d prefer Nige filled the last two slots with u21s for experience (at least) if he has no intention of playing them, then I’d rather their development continues in the u21s, like it did on Monday v Brum u21s, rather than their minutes held back because of first team bench-warming.

I know in the past a player(s) has played for the u21s the day before and sat on the bench for the first team the next day, but I’ve got a feeling they may have only played 45/60 mins for the u21s???

Of course it could be a subtle message from Nige to owner, but I don’t think so.  Just think it’s Nige trying to do the right think for the player.

55 minutes ago, wtf said:

Change the strategy?

Any budget set in March will be based on the:

• contracts of existing players
  • contract offers to be made to those players going OOC and the new contract amount offered (e.g. Kalas, Massengo, King)
  • contract extensions (e.g. Pring, Vyner)
  • new players coming in

So, in the case of Kalas (made up numbers), offering him £10k p.w will be what’s in the budget, his old £25k p.w is irrelevant.

It is possible that once 1st July passed, Massengo’s offer was taken off the table and room in the budget appeared.  Of course it’s possible the club never budgeted for Massengo at all, and had he had a change of heart, he might’ve stuffed the budget!

What isn’t explained is why it is set so low.

What isn’t explained is why with the sale of Scott that the budget remains as is.

I think all any of us really want is an explanation, because without one it feels unnecessary and undermining of Nige / the football aspirations this season.

Once we know that we can react according to our own feelings on it.

No comms is worse than crap comms imho.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree totally with the sentiment of this post, but I still think 9 subs is ridiculous…and although I’d prefer Nige filled the last two slots with u21s for experience (at least) if he has no intention of playing them, then I’d rather their development continues in the u21s, like it did on Monday v Brum u21s, rather than their minutes held back because of first team bench-warming.

I know in the past a player(s) has played for the u21s the day before and sat on the bench for the first team the next day, but I’ve got a feeling they may have only played 45/60 mins for the u21s???

Of course it could be a subtle message from Nige to owner, but I don’t think so.  Just think it’s Nige trying to do the right think for the player.

Any budget set in March will be based on the:

• contracts of existing players
  • contract offers to be made to those players going OOC and the new contract amount offered (e.g. Kalas, Massengo, King)
  • contract extensions (e.g. Pring, Vyner)
  • new players coming in

So, in the case of Kalas (made up numbers), offering him £10k p.w will be what’s in the budget, his old £25k p.w is irrelevant.

It is possible that once 1st July passed, Massengo’s offer was taken off the table and room in the budget appeared.  Of course it’s possible the club never budgeted for Massengo at all, and had he had a change of heart, he might’ve stuffed the budget!

What isn’t explained is why it is set so low.

What isn’t explained is why with the sale of Scott that the budget remains as is.

I think all any of us really want is an explanation, because without one it feels unnecessary and undermining of Nige / the football aspirations this season.

Once we know that we can react according to our own feelings on it.

No comms is worse than crap comms imho.

100% and I've been bemoaning the sorry state of our high level club PR for years. It's dreadful. The worst example was the three month global search for Dean Holden! Turns out he was in the building all along we just had to shout his name... Silence from above and the fan base just increasingly bemused as the weeks went by. 

But beyond that too, all we get from the Lansdowns is the very rare interview with Steve in which he will inevitably drop a bombshell (looking for a buyer etc) or say something confusing or insulting and then silence again for the next year, leaving fans to scratch their heads and concoct conspiracy theories.

Remember the Gould interview on Radio Bristol and how guarded he was and his weird response to the Massengo question or the many strange comments from Ashton. The club has managed to maintain a botched, baffling public narrative for many a year under Lansdown.

Bring back his OTIB Q&A sessions! 

• Like 2