IGNORED

What is going on?

Jerseybean

I’m seeking some genuine clarification via this post please.

As it happens yesterday the forum was unavailable then today it’s full of rumours and conspiracies about the demise of Nigel Pearson.

These are the two primary questions I have, what has happened and why has it happened now?

I’m aware that some people have linked the failure to secure Adam Murphy and the fact that LJ is now unemployed to the rumors that NP is to be shown in the door, but I really don’t get it and would appreciate anybody helping me to do so.

In a nutshell when IMO he has done such a solid job in creating a sustainable and professional culture, cut the wage bill, recruited wisely and on a limited budget, developed young players, and so on, would we ever want to replace him with somebody else? The only explanation I have to why this would happen would be if he didn’t want to continue when his current contract expires.

Perhaps I am missing the point big time but I would really appreciate any insights into why these rumors are so rife at this particular time.

Thank you in anticipation.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

As it happens yesterday the forum was unavailable then today it’s full of rumours and conspiracies about the demise of Nigel Pearson.

These are the two primary questions I have, what has happened and why has it happened now?

I’m aware that some people have linked the failure to secure Adam Murphy and the fact that LJ is now unemployed to the rumors that NP is to be shown in the door, but I really don’t get it and would appreciate anybody helping me to do so.

In a nutshell when IMO he has done such a solid job in creating a sustainable and professional culture, cut the wage bill, recruited wisely and on a limited budget, developed young players, and so on, would we ever want to replace him with somebody else? The only explanation I have to why this would happen would be if he didn’t want to continue when his current contract expires.

Perhaps I am missing the point big time but I would really appreciate any insights into why these rumors are so rife at this particular time.

It was the Frenchies-

Dodgy flight plan....?

Edited by Son of Fred

To be honest mate I also would like to know what is going on- haven’t got the time to trawl through multiple posts and certainly haven’t seen any conspiracy theories.

Whilst I am not the biggest doom merchant around Lee Johnson, considering him for a return to the club is absolutely bonkers, he has failed miserably at hibs and despite a promising start at Sunderland failed again.

Not getting a striker in even on loan also looks bizarre.

The thing I am getting very pissed off about is the seemingly radio silence from our owner, chairman and ceo.

• Like 17
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Yep,I couldn't connect to the forum all day yesterday, and regarding LJ comment,if he comes back I'm off, 

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

What's going on?

You answered your own question - rumours and conspiracies. Nothing more. Business as usual. 

People cheesed off at the manager being given little to spend and wondering what that might mean? Absolutely.

Some informed speculation and considered debate - in the absence of any explanation or communication from our Suits? Absolutely. Business as usual there, too. 

Let's run that "Where do you think we'll finish" poll again, once the transfer window slams shut, our Rolls Royce sold to Bournemouth and replaced by some Skodas. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

All these things are true but it's an entertainment business and City are really boring. 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

All these things are true but it's an entertainment business and City are really boring. 

It pains me to agree but we are. Worthy but dull.

Mind you, "honest triers" was how Billy Wedlock himself described us during our most successful period over 100 years ago.

So maybe there's something in it. Probably not though.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

To be honest mate I also would like to know what is going on- haven’t got the time to trawl through multiple posts and certainly haven’t seen any conspiracy theories.

Whilst I am not the biggest doom merchant around Lee Johnson, considering him for a return to the club is absolutely bonkers, he has failed miserably at hibs and despite a promising start at Sunderland failed again.

Not getting a striker in even on loan also looks bizarre.

The thing I am getting very pissed off about is the seemingly radio silence from our owner, chairman and ceo.

If Johnson came back that'd be me finished with City until Lansdown sells the club.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, 22A said:

Presumably some people accessed this forum. I couldn't get on yesterday, but today there were seven comment and like notifications for me.

I don't think anybody did. When it came back on I looked at the Matchday thread and there were no posts during the time of the game.

Just now, RedJim said:

If Johnson came back that'd be me finished with City until Lansdown sells the club.

And me.

What's going on? Would be a good song to run out to at the moment. What's going on is SL knows we need another 4-5  players after selling our better one's but won't. Jesus if we can't get a lad from Bolton we're in trouble.

NP has both hands tied behind his back at moment whilst trying to polish a turd in my opinion.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Since last night, I’ve read a few posts and tweets saying Nige will run his contract down and not extend, but can’t find the source 

Tbh, that really wouldn't surprise me, he was bought in  to do a job, he's done it (pretty much) he's had health issues and I think he's probably done with it all 

• Sad 1

Essentially the facts, I think, are that the press have reported that that we don't intend to spend money from the Scott sale and the club not prepared to bring in anyone as it will bring up the wage budget. Pearson has implied this in some interviews whilst also stated he is looking at targets in others.

We don't know for sure what Pearson's expectations are but there are a number of people who think he is potentially angry about that, and that the lack of money is a direct statement of no confidence in Pearson. Some people think the intention of this is to drive Pearson out before his contract expires and others that he won't extend or we won't extend him.

I'm pretty sure that's the summary without the speculation.

I have no idea what is or is not true beyond this but I would say that I think it odd if the club are talking up a top six challenge on the one hand but then refusing to use any resource from the sale of our best player to support that. 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Maybe it collapsed under the weight of all the optimism on here

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

27 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

There won't be so many then spouting "top six" ?

? Just checked the results.

1.82% (5 people/supreme optimist/nutters) voted auto promotion.

23.36% (64 optimists) voted Play Offs!!!!

65.69% (180 sensible folk now wondering what the heck) voted 7th to 12th. 

8.76% (24 "I told you so's") voted 13th to 21st.

0.36% (1!) voted relegation.

I was one of the 180. I'd vote differently now.

How about you? 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

The problem when there is an outage like this is, when it comes back on line, there are always more answers to questions and more questions to answer. Is it better to have more questions than answers? 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Malago said:

“Stevie, Stevie

We don’t need to escalate

Johnsons not the answer

All you do is employ your mate

You know we’ve got to find a way

To spend some money here today

The FFP (brother) won’t block our way

Don’t punish me with Little Lee

Talk to me 

And tell City

Whats Goin on (What’s going on)

Whats Goin on (What’s going on)”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

“Stevie, Stevie

We don’t need to escalate

Johnsons not the answer

All you do is employ your mate

You know we’ve got to find a way

To spend some money here today

The FFP (brother) won’t block our way

Don’t punish me with Little Lee

Talk to me 

And tell City

Whats Goin on (What’s going on)

Whats Goin on (What’s going on)”

Like that, “I heard it through the grapevine” seems fitting also.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Malago said:

We can only hope that City are right on, right on in their next game, not right off...

1 minute ago, TomF said:

Nope it was offline between 10:15am yesterday and 1:45am today.   Caused by a power fault way beyond our infrastructure in Newport.   Unfortunately little could do about it.  Will hopefully be less of an issue in few weeks time when forum moves 

It gives me a headache beginning to imagine what a headache that was for Clik. 

1 minute ago, TomF said:

Not our infrastructure, was way beyond our kit in Newport.   Power issues Lumen had at Reading. Backup generator failed and total chaos ensued.

Someone’s continuity testing plan is getting torn to pieces today.. 

This is a very dull response. Couldn’t you have said something along the lines that it was hacked by North Korea? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

Not our infrastructure, was way beyond our kit in Newport.   Power issues Lumen had at Reading. Backup generator failed and total chaos ensued.

Someone’s continuity testing plan is getting torn to pieces today.. 

it does beg the question that when, I presume, the supplier was asked to give evidence of their DR testing, just how much of the evidence was total fantasy?