IGNORED

Steve Lansdown……..

BCFC1512

It’s simple Luton have been to the conference and back and beat us to promotion (making 2 play offs), Brentford League 2 and then 3 championship play off seasons (2 finals) Cardiff have been promoted twice QPR twice, Blackpool have been to the Prem another play off final I could go on and on the continuous sale of our top talents is insane year on year and we just accept it as if it’s the normal ?‍♂️So glad Pearson has acknowledged what I have said in my previous posts ! The sale of Scott was totally unnecessary and destroyed our chances this season 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fred89 said:

It’s simple Luton have been to the conference and back and beat us to promotion (making 2 play offs), Brentford League 2 and then 3 championship play off seasons (2 finals) Cardiff have been promoted twice QPR twice, Blackpool have been to the Prem another play off final I could go on and on the continuous sale of our top talents is insane year on year and we just accept it as if it’s the normal ?‍♂️So glad Pearson has acknowledged what I have said in my previous posts ! The sale of Scott was totally unnecessary and destroyed our chances this season 

My gut feeling is that you may well be right but that it is also a bit of a way of life at this level.

I'll wait for last years accounts before making a full judgment.

Some of those you listed were in receipt of Parachute Payments in the year of it run up to promotion. Some however were not.

Non Parachute

Luton

Brentford

Cardiff Promotion 1

QPR Promotion 1

Blackpool Promotion 1

Parachute

Cardiff Promotion 2

QPR Promotion 2

Blackpool Losing Play-off final

Luton and Brentford got promoted in the advent of FFP sans Parachutes.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

13 minutes ago, Fred89 said:

top postCharlie Day Ok GIF

11 minutes ago, Fred89 said:

The sale of Scott was totally unnecessary and destroyed our chances this season 

? everything not quoted.

Personally, I'd agree re Scott: as a fan I'd clearly liked him to stay for the season.

However, the club would be considering how desperate he was to leave in this window (I think he wanted to go), and the risk of his value decreasing over the season. In this case we'd likely have got 'value on the pitch' if we kept him provided he remained committed to us mentally.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

As many have said, the best response is to support the team. Ironically, any success they have will in Lansdown's mind vindicate his actions. 

I have been anti Bristol Sport concept for some time on here. We should support the team, but Lansdown has a different agenda going forward. So now is the time for Lansdown to go, as Bristol City FC will be here a lot longer than Lansdown and his entourage. Owners come and go but BCFC will survive.
We need new blood and fresh ideas - and most importantly some PASSIONATE OWNERS.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, mozo said:

Meanwhile Brighton (Brighton!) have signed Ansu Fati on loan from Barcelona...

Reminds me of when we signed Lee Tomlin.

But on the subject of Steve Lansdown, I think he probably feels that he has chucked enough money down the drain as far as BCFC are concerned and may well be looking for a way out but possibly feels that BCFC is actually worth a lot more than it really is.

And so far as Jon is concerned, it does seem to me that he is chairman on paper but as far as I can tell, it's no more than 'on paper' though I suspect he is getting a tidy annual salary from the club for not doing anything whilst the playing side is having to tighten its purse strings.

I wonder how many others are employed by the club for doing very little tbh.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sugarwray said:

SL is passionate about the club, be careful what you wish for. I trust him to act in the best interests of the club. Like so many others on this forum, when he wakes up tomorrow the City result is the first thing on his mind. Compare with other owners.

I wonder if his interest is on the wane a bit.

The move to Guernsey, the age. Other projects...sometimes leaders run their course.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

My gut feeling is that you may well be right but that it is also a bit of a way of life at this level.

I'll wait for last years accounts before making a full judgment.

Some of those you listed were in receipt of Parachute Payments in the year of it run up to promotion. Some however were not.

Non Parachute

Luton

Brentford

Cardiff Promotion 1

QPR Promotion 1

Blackpool Promotion 1

Parachute

Cardiff Promotion 2

QPR Promotion 2

Blackpool Losing Play-off final

Luton and Brentford got promoted in the advent of FFP sans Parachutes.

Burnley 3 promotions 

Leicester and Southampton, Leeds went to League 1 and sat there for years we were ahead of those team’s financially for years they were loaning players of us in the case of Leeds ! Sounds ridiculous when you consider Leicester have won the Premiership Fa Cup and been in a Champions League quarterfinal but it is a fact we were ahead of them for a period but just stood still ?‍♂️

Its a pattern going back to selling Scott Murray and selling Leroy Lita one good season we sell our best players we make it easy!

Are you telling me the clubs I have mentioned didn’t have players capable of playing in the Premier League that they kept around and resisted cashing in ?

You don’t sell players at the first opportunity when they show signs they can take us up , you are all blind! 

If you are a serious club and you unearth a talent like Scott you push the boat out triple his wages and give him a sell out clause in January it’s a risk ! We have been fooled year on year made to think we can’t attract top players because we are too far south meanwhile Hull City can be promoted more than once and remain as competitive as we have ever been ?‍♂️? we are losers as a fan base aswell as a club! 
Keep talented players who have a good season, pay the wages of top players when the manager and talented players are in place!

Edited by Fred89

9 minutes ago, Fred89 said:

Burnley 3 promotions 

Leicester and Southampton, Leeds went to League 1 and sat there for years we were ahead of those team’s financially for years they were loaning players of us in the case of Leeds ! Sounds ridiculous when you consider Leicester have won the Premiership Fa Cup and been in a Champions League quarterfinal but it is a fact we were ahead of them for a period but just stood still ?‍♂️

Its a pattern going back to selling Scott Murray and selling Leroy Lita one good season we sell our best players we make it easy!

Are you telling me the clubs I have mentioned didn’t have players capable of playing in the Premier League that they kept around and resisted cashing in ?

You don’t sell players at the first opportunity when they show signs they can take us up , you are all blind! 

If you are a serious club and you unearth a talent like Scott you push the boat out triple his wages and give him a sell out clause in January it’s a risk ! We have been fooled year on year made to think we can’t attract top players because we are too far south meanwhile Hull City can be promoted more than once and remain as competitive as we have ever been ?‍♂️? we are losers as a fan base aswell as a club! 
Keep talented players who have a good season, pay the wages of top players when the manager and talented players are in place!

Are you factoring in FFP and Parachute Payments also? Leicester, Leeds and Southampton are all bigger clubs than us past and present.

All of them were ahead of us commercially speaking but maybe not other areas

Hull beat us in that final and PL momey, Parachute money and new owners wanting to give something back to Hull set them up to go again. Promotion 2 and 3 they were in receipt of Parachute Payments, their new ground also gave them a commercial advantage.

There were definitely times whereby we didn't capitalise. January 2008 springs to mind. Now is another- mixed bag on summer of 2015, yes and no.

Agree on Scott tbh, if only eh.

What is really inexcusable having gone through tough cuts and sold Scott is giving NP so little. This is appalling after all the hard work he has done.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I wonder if his interest is on the wane a bit.

The move to Guernsey, the age. Other projects...sometimes leaders run their course.

He has earned the right to make the move he chooses, no one in the history of the club has poured money in to support their passion like he has. I thank him for everything he has done to date and hope for the best going forward. Things could always be better but I feel for those fans who have to live with the reality that their owners don’t wake up wanting nothing more than success for the club they love.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Are you factoring in FFP and Parachute Payments also? Leicester, Leeds and Southampton are all bigger clubs than us past and present.

All of them were ahead of us commercially speaking but maybe not other areas

Hull beat us in that final and PL momey, Parachute money and new owners wanting to give something back to Hull set them up to go again. Promotion 2 and 3 they were in receipt of Parachute Payments, their new ground also gave them a commercial advantage.

There were definitely times whereby we didn't capitalise. January 2008 springs to mind. Now is another- mixed bag on summer of 2015, yes and no.

Agree on Scott tbh, if only eh.

What is really inexcusable having gone through tough cuts and sold Scott is giving NP so little. This is appalling after all the hard work he has done.

But Leeds and Leicester in League 1 we’re not ahead of us, only in 2012 did Leicester come back to life as a Championship force also Leeds we’re in League 1 for 5 years, I can also throw Swansea and Nottingham Forest in to this also. Financially they were not ahead of us!

And that one Play off final Garry Johnson performed a miracle to get us to immediately after 9 Seasons in League 1 under Danny Wilson and Brian Tinnion is the only season we have ever even had a realistic crack at the top 6 ! We haven’t even be competitive which is the biggest thing! Not at any point have we looked good!

12th to 24th it’s not acceptable and the national media raised this madness this year we were mentioned amongst numerous media outlets as the biggest football team to never experience Premiership football and it’s ridiculous that we don’t ever even flirt with it

Do we have a right to a promotion? No

Do we have a right to be competitive for one ? Yes

Edited by Fred89
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, sugarwray said:

He has earned the right to make the move he chooses, no one in the history of the club has poured money in to support their passion like he has. I thank him for everything he has done to date and hope for the best going forward. Things could always be better but I feel for those fans who have to live with the reality that their owners don’t wake up wanting nothing more than success for the club they love.

I give SL credit for a lot of things but at the same time we need a balance.

He has done quite a lot of good things especially building up infrastructure but are you happy with £25m for Scott and the door marked "In" being shut?

If there is some sort of a change of strategy maybe with investment in mind then commercial confidentiality notwithstanding- tell us.

If there are any loose ends at all pertaining to FFP monitoring that we are still working through (I doubt it now)- tell us!

The void from the top, him, his son and the new CEO leaving NP to tackle the issues really is poor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fred89 said:

Have to admit to feeling like a total mug spunking £600 on a season ticket when it’s abundantly clear the Lansdowns no longer wish to play at being a Championship club , let alone a Prem team . We have stayed up for the last 3 years due to a fast start but this year I can’t see where the next goal will come from , let alone a win ! Relegation written all over this rag tag squad sadly ?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I'm not joking. If I read the words "Be careful what you wish for" once more I swear I'll ****ing scream! It's like the ****ing parrot cage in a zoo.

I wonder what the next post will say....?

Happy clapper response here Steve take my £600 and thanks for selling our best player after he was on all the posters ?oh and here’s another £800 for my 2 kids!

Top man 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Have to admit to feeling like a total mug spunking £600 on a season ticket when it’s abundantly clear the Lansdowns no longer wish to play at being a Championship club , let alone a Prem team . We have stayed up for the last 3 years due to a fast start but this year I can’t see where the next goal will come from , let alone a win ! Relegation written all over this rag tag squad sadly ?

I don't see us going down so long as we keep NP.

Injuries and lack of depth are a concern though.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Still false advertising if that’s all we have to look forward to ! Maybe Conway can bag some more goal’s have a breakthrough season and we can sell him and replace him with another project 

27 minutes ago, Fred89 said:

Burnley 3 promotions 

We touted Scott for sale for the past 12 months and treated him like a cash cow rather than the key to getting up . The club has zero ambition which is why we now have NINE former players all playing in the Prem now . I can’t think of a single Championship club that has ever sold as many players to the Prem as us . We’re an embarrassment to the Sport and the Lansdowns have totally forgotten that this is what it is !!!! I’ve always supported Lansdown when others have questioned his actions but to have almost an entire team leave us for the Prem is shameful and scandalous . He needs to find a buyer pronto and retire I’m afraid because he has lost site of the fact that this is a SPORT !!! 

• Flames 4

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

We touted Scott for sale for the past 12 months and treated him like a cash cow rather than the key to getting up . The club has zero ambition which is why we now have NINE former players all playing in the Prem now . I can’t think of a single Championship club that has ever sold as many players to the Prem as us . We’re an embarrassment to the Sport and the Lansdowns have totally forgotten that this is what it is !!!! I’ve always supported Lansdown when others have questioned his actions but to have almost an entire team leave us for the Prem is shameful and scandalous . He needs to find a buyer pronto and retire I’m afraid because he has lost site of the fact that this is a SPORT !!! 

Loads tbh .Loads of Championship clubs sell their best. How far back to you want to go.

I'm not sure we are a wild outlier. Part of it was as our costs were so high, in the case of Bryan and Reid their contracts were up within a year and there was a question of FFP.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sadly NP will take us down in my opinion . His contract is up at the end and there’s been no mention of any extension. It would appear all parties might be happy to part ways come May with no funds being given to a departing coach . That has relegation written all over it sadly and that’s no reflection on Pearson . 

• Hmmm 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Loads tbh .Loads of Championship clubs sell their best. How far back to you want to go.

I'm not sure we are a wild outlier. Part of it was as our costs were so high, in the case of Bryan and Reid their contracts were up within a year and there was a question of FFP.

What about Murray , Peacock, Lita if you want to go back to historical previous Sales by the Lansdown regime ! He doesn’t gamble period ! You have to gamble, be that by telling a player no and seeing how you go or pushing the boat out financially (at the right times not just to boost season ticket sales like with David James)

I think cashing in on players in the last year of a deal inspite of their feelings is negatively presumptuous, lacks ambition and leaves a manager who has built a side around said players being shown the exit with an impossible challenge to compete !

Are you telling me when Bournemouth,Swansea,Luton, Brentford finished in Playoff positions or near to before their promotions they did not turn down bids for players and build? I’d say you are a liar if you do ! 

Edited by Fred89

3 hours ago, Fred89 said:

Genuine question - do we think we sell our best players faster/more frequently than other Championship clubs do? If so, is there evidence to support this?

Is it possible that we retain our best players for time periods similar to that of other Championship clubs, but they are: 
A) More effective than us in making progress in the league whilst those players are at the club, and;
B) More effective than us in spending the money gained from player sales 

• Like 1