IGNORED

Sam Bell England U21 Satndby

BCFC Rich

• Admin
26 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Ffs - no new signings and now Bell going to Danish club Satndby. 

Congrats Belly - hope the full call up comes soon ?⚪

We need to be careful or we’ll be trying to flog him next ?

Awesome achievement though, I hope he makes it to a squad soon, the experience will be great for him and potentially us ?⚪

• Like 2
  • Robin 2

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Surprised tbh.

But its a nice bit of recognition for him, should give him a lift, he's not looked at his best so far (certainly at home games).

Very surprised. He might fit in at age level against blokes his own size as hes like a small boy playing 1st team. 
Cant be that bad though if hes almost got a call up, so be interesting to see if he gets in. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Considering he’ll be 22 in May I am not. More surprised he is even mentioned in the same breathe as England u21s. I just don’t see it with Bell. 

For me he has been one of our most attacking threats this season. He's got down that wing and delivered some excellent balls into the box, but just no one there to convert them. 

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

For me he has been one of our most attacking threats this season. He's got down that wing and delivered some excellent balls into the box, but just no one there to convert them. 

When we don’t have the ball yes. Useful on the counter in a straight line. Pretty poor when needs to go by a defender. Maybe he grows into it but I don’t see him being championship standard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can only assume the standby list includes 7,209,387 people.

More seriously, he’s been poor this season. Nobody watching him would see an England age group player, but bear in mind Henderson gets picked for the seniors despite being in a pub league and Maguire/Phillips despite sitting on their arses.

Nothing against him, but the evidence of my eyes suggests he’s lucky to be in the conversation to start in our side let alone be in the conversation for one of the best U21 attackers in the country.

• Admin
Just now, TBW said:

Where's the squad been announced? Can't find it anywhere.

Is this not above any level Alex Scott has played for England?

Yes but a) he’s on standby not in the squad & b) Alex would very likely have made this squad if he had stayed fit.

• Like 3

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Cardy said:

So Bell is now also worth about £25m aswell?!

This is going to be one hell of a nest egg for old Stevie Boy!!

Conway £25m - August ‘24

Bell £25m - August ‘25

…..each time replacing their wages with a young prospect from League One, sorted. (We won’t be able to afford established League One players as the average salary at that level is £6k per week)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ian M said:

Conway £25m - August ‘24

Bell £25m - August ‘25

…..each time replacing their wages with a young prospect from League One, sorted. (We won’t be able to afford established League One players as the average salary at that level is £6k per week)

Yeboah £50m - August '26

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Havent seen it mentioned elsewhere, but nige has confirmed in his press conference that sam is on standby for the under 21s,, this is great news, and a real tribute to sams progress!! Hopefully he gets the call up!!

Well done Sam, fantastic news!! Will be a proud day seeing him run out in an England shirt. Fingers firmly crossed!