IGNORED

Mark Sykes

GrahamC

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Thank **** the window has closed, otherwise £25m & he’d be off too.

Love him, 2 assists in 2 games, brilliant goal & relentless running.

Talking of which Jason Knight, what a ******* player.

Difficult to pick a MotM.  Sykes, Knight, Bell, Pring, Williams, James all contenders.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Thank **** the window has closed, otherwise £25m & he’d be off too.

Love him, 2 assists in 2 games, brilliant goal & relentless running.

Talking of which Jason Knight, what a ******* player.

Yeah - you were right yesterday in saying he should start. My comment of “even if he starts, we probably won‘t get the same standard of performance as we did against Hull” seems misjudged in retrospect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I gave Sykes MotM for the goal, not necessarily for scoring it, but the way he took it. Calmness and making sure just put him above the others. Though Joe Williams was really close, winning the ball controlling it and pulling away from the player before passing it on to Sykes for the goal , brilliant work.  With time I hope him and the FB (whoever plays) can form a good partnership , but thats being picky. Today , they looked a unit and worked their nuts off . 
Just hope we can tweak our game a little to get it to work at home.

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 1

That, without doubt, is his best game in a City shirt, don’t even try to convince me otherwise! ???

Seriously, really, really good.  His work without the ball between Nathan Wood and Josh Key was superb.  He sparked so many loose balls for us to contest, or stray passes from it.

With the ball, he did one turn inside his own half, which was what he did early last season, and his confidence oozed after that.

Mint finish, breaking ankles ???

And then the run and cross for Belly.

Well played Syko Killer.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Patterson coming on as a sub, while we were still celebrating made it even sweeter, pardon the pun, but he didn't half look sheepish

Jamie looked up for it and seemed nasty and a little rattled at times - appeared to gesture to one player that they 'had a small manhood' and got right into Pring for going down under his challenge and was mouthing off at him for that.

No love lost there today seemingly. 

Hope one of our boys wished him good luck in league one after the game....:whistle2:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That, without doubt, is his best game in a City shirt, don’t even try to convince me otherwise! ???

Seriously, really, really good.  His work without the ball between Nathan Wood and Josh Key was superb.  He sparked so many loose balls for us to contest, or stray passes from it.

With the ball, he did one turn inside his own half, which was what he did early last season, and his confidence oozed after that.

Well played Syko Killer.

How did you think Josh Key played? I didn’t see the game 

14 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Patterson coming on as a sub, while we were still celebrating made it even sweeter, pardon the pun, but he didn't half look sheepish

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Jamie looked up for it and seemed nasty and a little rattled at times - appeared to gesture to one player that they 'had a small manhood' and got right into Pring for going down under his challenge and was mouthing off at him for that.

Hope one of our boys wished him good luck in league one after the game....:whistle2:

Did his classic step over, should drops and **** all else. He’s a fake hard man on the pitch too. 

Says it all that both Duff & Martin publicly said they want him gone, yet no one came in for him. Shame. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

He did have a smile on his face with the manhood thing. I’m glad though if he’s pissed off . Hasn’t exactly gone well for him there has it. He’s not missed with us that’s for sure. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Well played Syko Killer.

Yes, Dave. His best display for us by a long way. Looked a different player today.

I thought Swansea were so poor though. They simply didn't work hard enough to close space. No energy or drive. Not that I care. I hope everyone plays like that against us.

My only slight regret is that we didn't win 6-1. In the first half, I thought us poor saints must have run over a black cat. But that was a different game, where the Black Cats ran over the Saints. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Perfect example of why you shouldn’t judge players on other teams fans forums like some do

For me he's already surpassing anything O'Dowda did here and COD was the higher rated one according to them...

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Did ok, just about.  But Wood (£10m+ Wood that is) at LCB3 had a shocker alongside / inside him.

Sykes did a job on both of them really.

Wood had the mobility of a tank on stilts. Anytime he had the ball I got excited. Christ he was bad. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2