IGNORED

Mark Sykes

GrahamC

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Wood had the mobility of a tank on stilts. Anytime he had the ball I got excited. Christ he was bad. 

Equally, I really thought Rushworth in goal for them was bad. I realise he’s supposed to be highly rated but he was dithering, handling was poor and didn’t fill me with any confidence. Really surprised me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Good work from James on Twitter here, really shows Sykes’ impact:

Ta for posting & excellent stuff, as usual from James

Apart from the clips shown , if he’d sat on his a** for the rest of the game it would still have been a magnificent performance - looked like he’d had a gallon of red bull, but great composure when needed

He reminds me a bit , as a player , of Gordon Owen (In his best moments)  , who for all the memories and harp backs to penalty misses , was an exciting and impactive player to watch at times 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Malago said:

Difficult to pick a MotM.  Sykes, Knight, Bell, Pring, Williams, James all contenders.

I have watched multiple highlights and the goals today. What a great win and what a team we have. Sykes played like a man possessed. Definitely MOM for me. The match must have been a joy to watch for those that travelled. 

10 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

The front three ran them ragged, what a performance from them to, very very hard working, 

Pearson, interview he commented "the ability within the squad" gave us an opportunity to score more. He could not have said a better comment.

11 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Good work from James on Twitter here, really shows Sykes’ impact:

Watching this back emphasised something that’s great about Sykes which is end product.  There’s tons of wingers / forwards around who have decent technique, speed etc but often they end up down blind alleys, over hitting crosses or blazing shots over. Sykes more often than not finds a team mate, gets a shot on target or draws a foul.  He’s a bit of a diamond isn’t he?

The other thing I noticed having missed some of the 2nd half (I was at work) was how did we not get a penalty for that blatant foul in the 2nd half?? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Watching this back emphasised something that’s great about Sykes which is end product.  There’s tons of wingers / forwards around who have decent technique, speed etc but often they end up down blind alleys, over hitting crosses or blazing shots over. Sykes more often than not finds a team mate, gets a shot on target or draws a foul.  He’s a bit of a diamond isn’t he?

The other thing I noticed having missed some of the 2nd half (I was at work) was how did we not get a penalty for that blatant foul in the 2nd half?? 

In fairness Sykes’s final ball isn’t always what it could be either.  Yesterday he was very good though.

Should play every week. He can be frustrating at times as he has undoubted quality but his final ball lets him down at times. His cross for Bell yesterday was sublime. 
Turned into some really good business and amazed he’s not made the ROI squad. Which selfishly I’m pretty happy about. Yesterday was a really positive performance by all and was much needed to keep morale in the right direction. 

Also I see Jason “ Kilkenny” Knight had another good game. Fast becoming one of most influential players. Williams is also looking very good now he’s fully fit. 

Good signs.

• Like 1