IGNORED

Best mobile network at AG

East Londoner

I think they all struggle to some extent.
I'm with Virgin, now fully moved to O2, Funny enough last night was the first time I've managed to get on line in the Stadium. I've stopped doing bets when we're home as I can never get online to check. 
I don't even bother with the Wifi as that is just as bad.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, East Londoner said:

My contract is up with O2 who consistently don’t work inside AG on a match day, does anyone know if any of the others are better?

I'm with EE and it's OK when not many are in but it's distinctly worse than my old O2 contract when the ground is full. I don't know if the problem is with us as users though or City as the provider. My connectivity was so much better when the WiFi was Z Edge or whatever than its is now. 

I'm with Vodafone, doesn't work in most places here in weston tho mind, but generally it works OK at Ashton Gate. 

Maybe a little bit slow at half time but that's to be expected at a sporting event. I've had far worse at other stadiums. 

Inside the stadium bowl I find the WiFi to be pretty good. My son watches YouTube on the WiFi with no issues. 

I find that I can normally either get online by mobile data or the WiFi. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm with Vodafone, doesn't work in most places here in weston tho mind, but generally it works OK at Ashton Gate. 

Maybe a little bit slow at half time but that's to be expected at a sporting event. I've had far worse at other stadiums. 

Inside the stadium bowl I find the WiFi to be pretty good. My son watches YouTube on the WiFi with no issues. 

I find that I can normally either get online by mobile data or the WiFi. 

My work phone used to be Vodafone, my personal phone is O2 - Vodafone a million times better in Weston!

Mind you, my work phone is now EE and that is an upgrade again when in Weston, though less so elsewhere

Funny, isn’t it….I used to be with Vodafone and found it awful in AG. Maybe it’s partly down to where in the ground you are?

Now with a company called Honest Mobile who I think use Three - and that seems better, tho still not brilliant when everyone else is trying to is using their phone at half time etc!

(Ive found them simple, easy and cheap (for what I need) @East Londoner - if you’re thinking of switching to them let me know and I can give you a code to get a month free!)

As others have said, the wi-if seems better now than it was. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think (geeky post alert) that they’ve introduced more than one wifi server. I’ve seen “AG In-Bowl Wifi” and (I think) “AG public Wifi” this season. It was only one last year.

They were both there last season, but I think the most likely reason for the improvement is an upgrade on the bandwidth made available to the public wifi as previously it was easy to connect to, you just couldn't get anything through it. Either that or they have put in new Access Points, but I don't think that's the case.

Edited by richwwtk
  • Like 1

People saying “absolutely useless at Ashton gate”

Go to Ashton gate when it isn’t match day, you will have signal, it isn’t in some sort of black hole for mobile signal.

You have 20k people all wanting to get on their phones in a much much smaller space than normal, all at the same time, I.e half time etc 

There is a reason why places like Glastonbury have EE bring in mobile masts etc when it’s festival time. 

Edited by Wedontplayinblue
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

People saying “absolutely useless at Ashton gate”

Go to Ashton gate when it isn’t match day, you will have signal, it isn’t in some sort of black hole for mobile signal.

You have 20k people all wanting to get on their phones in a much much smaller space than normal, all at the same time, I.e half time etc 

There is a reason why places like Glastonbury have EE bring in mobile masts etc when it’s festival time. 

This is the network quality issue which gets forgotten. The providers publish their signal strength maps but that is only part of the issue. Whilst the nearest mast might provide a good radio signal, the ongoing network connectivity bandwidth is invisible to the public and will dictate how much data can be carried at one time.

Do 5G users find the same issue? That normally means a fibre link from the mast to the network so should provide improved performance.