IGNORED

777 Partners

Kid in the Riot

On 21/09/2023 at 13:31, Kid in the Riot said:

They are also a multi-club ownership investment firm, who appear to be particularly interested in securing assets

Not that much different to the current ownership then mate, the club and the stadium is no longer owned by the fans who baled the club out all those years ago, apart from investing in bricks and mortar to increase the property value, we haven’t really improved that much on the playing side, so I don’t think we should be too bothered who owns the club 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Illustrative example of what Regulatory Approval or one aspect may look like.

SL can sell when and to who he likes but doesn't necessarily mean it will be cleared.or approved and may not be quick.

HKSE- when Birmingham Sports Holdings sold or sold a chunk to Birmingham and their current US Investors.

I mean you could push it through maybe without approval but that would lead to a transfer embargo until all the checks are completed. Lifted if approved, if not..well who the hell knows.

Screenshot_20230922-222407_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.f7636ce3faea98890609011f1bb4a670.jpg

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

24 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Not that much different to the current ownership then mate, the club and the stadium is no longer owned by the fans who baled the club out all those years ago, apart from investing in bricks and mortar to increase the property value, we haven’t really improved that much on the playing side, so I don’t think we should be too bothered who owns the club 

Pretty complacent with respect IMO.

We could certainly have if and when the club or group are sold, far more incompetent/reckless/stupid or even malicious owners..a host of clubs have had this in the laat 5-10 years. Talking disastrous.

777 it is questionable as to whether they would pass the Regulatory tests anyway, it's 13 pages long now a far cry from the recent past.

Technically we have had a higher average position than the prior 20 years I'm sure, but no not hit the top flight let alone won a major trophy.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Pretty complacent with respect IMO.

We could certainly habe if and when the club or group are sold, far more incompetent/reckless/stupid..loads.

777 it is questionable as to whether they would pass the Regulatory tests anyway, it's 13 pages long now a far cry from the recent past.

Technically we have had a higher average position than the prior 20 years I'm sure, but no not hit the top flight let alone won a major trophy.

Way I see it, 2 extreme ownership models.

One is owned by the fans, which in my view is how it should be, but slack controls over FPP means that doesn’t work.

So all football clubs have migrated to option 2, owned by a rich person or persons. You would think that rich persons are clever people and hence are the best people to run a “business”. But it’s illuminating how often that isn’t the case.

With all respect to Steve, you would think that had he really wanted to, and had the ability to, the 20th richest person in the country could have steamrollered us into the Prem.

He hasn’t, hence my comment, doesn’t really matter who owns us, it will just be a roll of the dice.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, NickJ said:

How do you base we have not improved, when we have spent 14 of the last 16 years in the Championship, perhaps look at our record before then

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

How do you base we have not improved, when we have spent 14 of the last 16 years in the Championship, perhaps look at our record before then

I grew up late 60’s, 70’s, until 1984 never saw City in anything other than the top 2 divisions, never division 3.

11 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Way I see it, 2 extreme ownership models.

One is owned by the fans, which in my view is how it should be, but slack controls over FPP means that doesn’t work.

So all football clubs have migrated to option 2, owned by a rich person or persons. You would think that rich persons are clever people and hence are the best people to run a “business”. But it’s illuminating how often that isn’t the case.

With all respect to Steve, you would think that had he really wanted to, and had the ability to, the 20th richest person in the country could have steamrollered us into the Prem.

He hasn’t, hence my comment, doesn’t really matter who owns us, it will just be a roll of the dice.

Thanks that clears up.

Fan owned would be ideal, or something like a 50 plus 1 maybe. Yeah I get that but it seems a bit of a pipe dream at higher levels here.

Player wages are a bit crazy but that's for another thread...

Agreed. Or even where they are smart and astute, when it comes to football that vanishes. Mel Morris is a great example. Even some of his schemes were smart on the face of it..except too clever as they got well and truly hammered in the end, to the extent that their accounts were not accepted as valid.

I would say a big miss was 2008..January 2008 we were flying and yet there was an excess of caution. There were other times that were more borderline but we did make a push but sadly a suspect CEO and manager..A record wage bill and according to the 2019-20 accounts £26.5m in additions.

Perhaps ironically Janaury 2019, a new striker and midfielder in addition go what we did sign four have pushed us to the playoffs. With Brownhill, Pack, Smith but we felt a couple light maybe, playing certain players into the ground.

We could have gone bigger to 2020 and 2021 but had it not come off...risk and reward.

Now he will not back NP with funds 2-3 players who could really help us given all that he has done abd tue culture he has built. His current stance is baffling and infuriating unless some kind of new investment or takeover is on the way. We are well clear of FFP now.

That's fair. Could be great, could be meh could be a disaster the new owner.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Looking back that opportunity was pre-FFP, and pre-middle eastern and American takeovers, back in around 2002-2006, when Steve was one of the top 10 wealthiest owners in all of English football. 

We were in L1 and had an owner worth more than most Premier League owners. 

Still, sadly that ship has long passed...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Looking back that opportunity was pre-FFP, and pre-middle eastern and American takeovers, back in around 2002-2006, when Steve was one of the top 10 wealthiest owners in all of English football. 

Exactly and my point has always been what benefit is a rich owner in Division 2 to a moderately rich owner in Division 2, a lot of people look at the stadium but I’ve said it before and will say it again, around 20 Years ago BCFC had planning  permission to build a 12,000 seater stand wrapped around the East End and Williams, at a cost go the club a fraction of what has subsequently been spent, half funded by the Football Trust, and the stadium would have still been owned by the fans.

Always struggled to see what there was not to like about that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Correct, opportunity missed. Lansdown will go at some stage (maybe sooner than later), but this will take a year or two to fall in to place IMO. The PA debacle is just another sign of strings being pulled behind the scenes. Matter of time now.

8 hours ago, NickJ said:

Exactly and my point has always been what benefit is a rich owner in Division 2 to a moderately rich owner in Division 2, a lot of people look at the stadium but I’ve said it before and will say it again, around 20 Years ago BCFC had planning  permission to build a 12,000 seater stand wrapped around the East End and Williams, at a cost go the club a fraction of what has subsequently been spent, half funded by the Football Trust, and the stadium would have still been owned by the fans.

Always struggled to see what there was not to like about that.

Anyone got any pics of this stand?

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

According to this SL was the 14th richest English football club owner in 2017: https://www.businessinsider.com/the-15-richest-billionaire-football-club-owners-in-england-2017-5

What a waste.

The odd thing with SL for me is, for all his wealth and business success, after all these years owning this club, it’s still not totally clear what his aims really were/are.

We’re all aware of those other clubs with a single minded drive to get to the top and managers are hooked at the first sign of failure.  It can look ridiculous, as in Watford and Forest, but it does at least show genuine intent.  I’ve never personally detected any of that intent from SL, even when he was splashing the cash for LJ and MA.

Granted, he isn’t a great communicator, which doesn’t help, but I feel he’s a bit of a ‘steady Eddy’ as an owner.  He’ll play strictly by the rules and generally play it safe.  I suspect we’re now pretty much where he originally wanted us to be.  If we can keep churning out a few more young gems, maybe we’ll be approaching his sustainability ideal.  I suspect he’s always viewed the money involved in the Premier League with suspicion and a little trepidation, so we’ve probably been in his comfort zone for the last few years.

In SL’s mind, that may make his ownership a roaring success, but I think most of us fans were hoping for a bit more ambition than that from a man of his business success and extraordinary wealth.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Sounds like their takeover of Everton is in doubt. 

Lots of missed payments and suggestions they don't have the money to complete the takeover.

I wonder.... 

Prediction....

Takeover fails to complete, Everton enter administration. But they enter administration 5 minutes after the last game of the season with survival assured.

This will lead to all manner of legal action as relegated clubs scream foul.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Lots of missed payments and suggestions they don't have the money to complete the takeover.

I wonder.... 

Indeed, as per the Everton thread.

They have claimed today that they have loaned Everton the delayed working capital (though they don't specify that it was the whole amount). That just covers a month though and is said to be at 10.25% interest.

• Thanks 1

I get that it's cool to think that the PL has a conspiracy to help Everton limp from season to season, but I don't think it stands up to scrutiny.

An immediate -9 wouldn't even necessarily relegate Everton. 

The PL don't directly control when/if Everton go into administration, as I understand it the PL isn't a creditor or shareholder of Everton so I don't see them having standing to issue a winding up petition themselves.

There's an argument that a decision not to ratify 777 as an owner would indirectly push Everton over the edge, but I suspect either RMF or MSP would step in and fill the void.

My suspicion is that it is more likely that one of those other lenders - RMF or MSP - are the ones that stand to gain here. RMF have security over Bramley Dock, and aside from player registrations that is the cherry on this rotten cake.

MSP meanwhile seems to have a charge over Moshiri's shares. So again they could take those if 777 fall away.

So there is a world where 777 fall away, -9 does nothing to Everton's status in the PL, and you end up with one dodgy lender owning the current club and Goodison, and one owning Bramley Dock.

The vultures circle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I wonder.... 

They never have had any money. They just borrow money and lend it at a higher rate. Everton are down to the tune of £200 million owed to 777.

I think part of the PL's requisites going forward is that if 777 do takeover then that loan should be converted In to shares. Thus leaving 777 with a £200 million debt at high interest rates. And as they have no capital themselves then administrtaion is the only way forward.

I can't see how a takeover by them will ever be approved, which means Everton owe 777 £200 million plus interest.

Total mess all round and not one that Everton will escape from unscathed.

(in lay mans terms 777 have debt bombed Everton to try and force the sale through).

Edited by Sir Geoff
extra text
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Everton going into administration could be the shockwave the game needs so..also feel they deserve to go down for their regular PSR shortcomings and other financial issues.

No guarantee that it is on the cards but maybe it could be for the good of the game?

Made me laugh listening to Dyche being interviewed at the weekend. Stated he had no idea of the financial difficulties he and the club would have to face over the past 12 months.......

Really !!!!

Everyone with half an eye on football finances knew Everton were in trouble a long time ago.

• Like 1