IGNORED

Zak Vyner interview

Red Army 75

• The title was changed to Zak Vyner interview

Comes across as a lovely bloke & I’m so pleased for him that he turned his career around.

Assume that certain questions were “off limits” but would have liked him to be asked how he dealt with effectively being told that he could leave by Nige a year or so ago.

The contrast with Taylor Moore is always the one I come back to, they were in very similar circumstances but the outcome was totally different.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I can’t recall a player being written off by the ENTIRE fan base and then going on to being one of our best players two years later.  A good reminder that as fans we really have no idea on a players ceiling 

Entire?

No, some of us could see how good he could be having watched him since he was 17. Yes, sometimes I had doubts but I was always optimistic.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

I can’t recall a player being written off by the ENTIRE fan base and then going on to being one of our best players two years later.  A good reminder that as fans we really have no idea on a players ceiling 

I definitely never wrote him off. Don't get me wrong, I've been wrong about many players over the years, but I always stuck by Zak. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can say I never wrote him off.  I could never understand why a player with 100 games at this level (some with Rotherham) was labelled “league one at best”.  He now has over 150 games at this level.

@cidered abroad agree.

• Thanks 1

Fair play if you never wrote him off. You are very much in the minority there 

I also never wrote him off. Never thought he was as bad as people made out. 

That summer that Pearson publicly said 4 players need to leave, he was the only one I was happy to keep.

Although I did think it would be better for him to move on at the time. 

Never a right back though, at CB he’s continuing to improve almost every week. Pity he’s out today, think we’ll miss him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

That summer that Pearson publicly said 4 players need to leave, he was the only one I was happy to keep.

Never a right back though, at CB he’s continuing to improve almost every week. Pity he’s out today, think we’ll miss him. 

???

33 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Out today...what have missed?

8 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

The people who wrote him off were probably the same ones who never rated Skuse.

• Hmmm 1

17 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Don’t know where he got the info but Exiled Robin has said “it’s an ACL but the amount of damage isn’t yet clear . If surgery needed he’ll be out for as long as Atkinson “?

From Nige in BBCRB…that’s what I was referring to above, now quoted below.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Has some damage to his ACL, gonna have to see if his knee can be stable with it.

Suggests strained his ACL rather than ruptured it, but club going to be seeking advice re best approach.  Out 5-6 weeks Nige suggested.