IGNORED

Max...top shot stopper.

spudski

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Based on xGOT (xG on target or post-shot xG):

Max is doing pretty well.

post-shot xG measures on target shots and the xG of that, e.g. a shot in the corner generally scores more than one straight at the keeper.  Max is keeping out more than he should do.

Are there any stats on distribution as that's seems to be the main focus about his weakness? 

In my view we aren't going to have a keeper at this level who's good at shot stopping, commanding the area, can distribute accurately most of the time etc. I'm happy to have a keeper who can keep the ball out of the net, calm and commanding most of the time. 

Edited by paul_fox

49 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Are there any stats on distribution as that's seems to be the main focus about his weakness? 

In my view we aren't going to have a keeper at this level who's good at shot stopping, commanding the area, can distribute accurately most of the time etc. I'm happy to have a keeper who can keep the ball out of the net, calm and commanding most of the time. 

image.thumb.png.3fb37998356274b033fa50d231ef92f9.png

the above compares him to all Champ keepers.  Longer the bar, the better he is ranked against his peers.

City are still not a possession side, although we do try to play out more.

Here’s Bazunu’s for comparison:

image.thumb.png.78f6048abb24026d58934b937401cd3d.png

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Max is keeping out more than he should do.

/Pedant mode on

On a technicality, I would say that Max is keeping out more than the average keeper would do, with the same shot pattern.

Depending upon how talented Max actually is, it could be that he is letting in more than he should.

/Pedant mode off

10 minutes ago, Hxj said:

/Pedant mode on

On a technicality, I would say that Max is keeping out more than the average keeper would do, with the same shot pattern.

Depending upon how talented Max actually is, it could be that he is letting in more than he should.

/Pedant mode off

Well, bearing in mind a fair bunch on here think he’s not good enough to be no1 / not Champ quality, he’s doing even better. 😉

• Like 1