IGNORED

Ayman Benarous

cityred exile

Just now, BS3City said:

Wasn't there a time when he was rated on a par with Alex Scott?

What a bonus a fully fit Ayman would be to the squad! In his own time of course.

Best wishes Ayman...

I believe he was , the few games I seen him play for the first team , lots of promise and a real edge to him , looking forward to seeing him back fit and well . Big injury to overcome though 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, BS3City said:

What a bonus a fully fit Ayman would be to the squad! In his own time of course.

Best wishes Ayman...

Wishful thinking maybe. If there was such a time then Scott has fully kicked on where Benarous has had some serious set backs.

That said I have never seen him play. I just find it hard to believe we had one Scott at our club at all, let alone two at the same time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Wishful thinking maybe. If there was such a time then Scott has fully kicked on where Benarous has had some serious set backs.

That said I have never seen him play. I just find it hard to believe we had one Scott at our club at all, let alone two at the same time.

Just believe 

• Like 1

• Admin
32 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Benarous has also been capped at England Youth level which not a huge amount of our youngsters have. If we hadn’t had Scott we’d have high hopes of Ayman being our best ever prospect.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BS3City said:

Best wishes Ayman...

The first season they both started getting game time, I was always more impressed by him than I was by Scott.

Of course, he's faced horrendous injury setbacks since then & may never properly recover- but if he does, then he will be a fantastic addition to the squad. 🤞

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

The first season they both started getting game time, I was always more impressed by him than I was by Scott.

Of course, he's faced horrendous injury setbacks since then & may never properly recover- but if he does, then he will be a fantastic addition to the squad. 🤞

I like you thought he had more about him than Scott , but then tbf Scott’s rise was very very quick ,

when I first saw Scott thought he was decent nothing more but all of a sudden he went from strength to strength very quickly 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

43 minutes ago, redkev said:

I like you thought he had more about him than Scott , but then tbf Scott’s rise was very very quick ,

when I first saw Scott thought he was decent nothing more but all of a sudden he went from strength to strength very quickly 

I was the opposite.  Scott’s touch, technique and game maturity was way ahead of Ayman imho. And that stemmed back to seeing him a FAYC match where he was better than anyone else on the pitch, and it was effortless too.  For me it was little surprise he looked comfortable as soon as he made the first team.  He quickly moved on to being an important player.  Not may 17 year olds do that.

After a very poor substitute debut from Ayman (Barnsley), he did well in the small number of games he played after that in 21/22, was really looking forward to seeing him last season until news of his ACL broke.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RedEyez said:

Well, at least TC was back training again last week 

Just hope it’s good news on the Vyner front aswell as benerous , it just seems like every time we seem to get a player or two back we loose a couple and they all seem to be pretty long spells out . The danger is now as Atkinson / Conway / Benerous get back on the grass ( god I hate that saying ) and then get some games under there belt ( that one too ) there is always a big risk of either breaking down or more likely picking up little niggles that put you back a few more weeks at a time . 
regarding injuries I have a negativity in me that either Williams , Naismith and James have a injury just around the corner. If we could keep a pretty much fully fit squad think we might surprise a few people .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedEyez said:

Well, at least TC was back training again last week 

I imagine that TC and Atkinson ( when ready) will be doing some sort of Pre-season before they get near a game. Benarous is different and I think they will let him take his own sweet time.
Still a while away IMO.

Think we are possibly underselling Scott a bit. Standing ovation when substituted on full competitive League debut, playing at Non League level age 16 us quite a rare route yet IMO served him well.

Benarous had promise but the other factor is how will now pushing 18 months away from the first team injured affect his development? It is bound to sadly.

Irrespective, Scott though was surely and consistently ahead of Benarous- he was our main shining light in about 4 or 5 months of some real struggle. We started to become a bit more freescoring and positive December, January onwards perhaps but we were struggling quite badly and Scott was our main creator, our main outlet in this time- all the more remarkable considering his age and experience.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think we are possibly underselling Scott a bit. Standing ovation when substituted on full competitive League debut, playing at Non League level age 16 us quite a rare route yet IMO served him well.

Benarous had promise but the other factor is how will now pushing 18 months away from the first team injured affect his development? It is bound to sadly.

Irrespective, Scott though was surely and consistently ahead of Benarous- he was our main shining light in about 4 or 5 months of some real struggle. We started to become a bit more freescoring and positive December, January onwards perhaps but we were struggling quite badly and Scott was our main creator, our main outlet in this time- all the more remarkable considering his age and experience.

He's a great talent, huge potential.

But it must be difficult to get over two serious injuries in such a short space of time.

He had a good pre-season, top performer in the bleep tests I think, but not a lot of pitch time. It must take a toll mentally as well as physically. I really hope he fully recovers and will be very impressed if he comes back and gets into the squad this season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

But it must be difficult to get over two serious injuries in such a short space of time.

He had a good pre-season, top performer in the bleep tests I think, but not a lot of pitch time. It must take a toll mentally as well as physically. I really hope he fully recovers and will be very impressed if he comes back and gets into the squad this season.

Hope the minor injury (hamstring) is just that, a minor muscle injury, and that ACL stood up well to the fitness regime that got him back playing in the u21s in August.

41 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

A lot is made about a players physical recovery, being back on grass, running etc - but little is ever referenced as to their mental recovery. Do players who previously might have gone in committed to the challenge now find themselves holding back a bit because they're worried that they might break down again?

Never seems to get a mention - from clubs, players, managers or fans. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

A lot is made about a players physical recovery, being back on grass, running etc - but little is ever referenced as to their mental recovery. Do players who previously might have gone in committed to the challenge now find themselves holding back a bit because they're worried that they might break down again?

Never seems to get a mention - from clubs, players, managers or fans. 

Nige has mentioned a fair bit about the mental side of injury, certainly during rehab.  I agree that some players might be tentative in doing certain things.

Michael Owen mentioned that he stopped making certain runs because he knew that might put strain on his hammers, so he made lots more runs short into feet that bending a run into the channel.

• Like 1

Would hope to see him before Christmas, but as nige has repeatedly said after those injuries we can’t rush him back especially with the potential he holds/held.

I only saw him play in person a handful of times but always impressed for me. When him and scott came through I thought it was clear that Scott had the technicals but Benarous game intelligence and awareness was miles ahead at the time. 

Always understood what to do in the moment. And would press relentlessly. iirc he played in the (Barnsley I think) game where we finally broke the winless streak at the gate. Though he played brilliantly for someone his age. 

Will be interesting to see how he looks after so long away from professional football, but he’s had the metal to ride through it all so far so I still think he can prove to be something special.

Edited by George Rs
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Nige has mentioned a fair bit about the mental side of injury, certainly during rehab.  I agree that some players might be tentative in doing certain things.

Michael Owen mentioned that he stopped making certain runs because he knew that might put strain on his hammers, so he made lots more runs short into feet that bending a run into the channel.

I'm hoping he's young enough to recover well.  But yes you do worry he might not be quite the same player that he looked to be.

23 hours ago, BS3City said:

Best wishes Ayman...

I think we'd heard of Ayman first, and then when Scott came on the scene, we suddenly had a new best player.

47 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think we'd heard of Ayman first, and then when Scott came on the scene, we suddenly had a new best player.

Ayman was here first by a fair while wasn’t he.  Scott only signed 12.12.99, but quickly went from FAYC side (and being best player on the pitch v Fleetwood) to making his debut as sub and then full debut in 20/21 season under Nige.  Some rise.

• Like 1