IGNORED

Ayman Benarous

cityred exile

On 28/09/2023 at 21:51, Davefevs said:

Ayman was here first by a fair while wasn’t he.  Scott only signed 12.12.99, but quickly went from FAYC side (and being best player on the pitch v Fleetwood) to making his debut as sub and then full debut in 20/21 season under Nige.  Some rise.

Scott signed in 1999? ******* been here  longer than he’s been alive!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

I can’t imagine Benarous ever playing for City again, and possibly it’s the end of his career at professional level. Some players are doomed from a fitness / injury perspective and nothing can be done 

I’d heard last week that it’s, sadly, become career concerning at this point. 

• Sad 5

On 27/09/2023 at 21:47, BS3City said:

Wasn't there a time when he was rated on a par with Alex Scott?

What a bonus a fully fit Ayman would be to the squad! In his own time of course.

Best wishes Ayman...

I think this might be a case of absence makes the heart fonder. From my memory Ayman showed flashes of real talent but never did he impact a game like Scott did. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I can’t imagine Benarous ever playing for City again, and possibly it’s the end of his career at professional level. Some players are doomed from a fitness / injury perspective and nothing can be done 

Ribeiro being one. Hopefully this isn’t the case for Ayman!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

If he’s done his ACL again that’s his professional career over. It will just keep getting injured.

1 minute ago, KegCity said:

If he’s done his ACL again that’s his professional career over. It will just keep getting injured.

He did re-rupture his acl, but apparently all the injuries since have been quite bad hamstring ones. I assume quite common if they’ve taken muscle from the hamstring to repair the acl?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He did re-rupture his acl, but apparently all the injuries since have been quite bad hamstring ones. I assume quite common if they’ve taken muscle from the hamstring to repair the acl?

I thought he was coming back from re-rupturing it so assumed it was related to the ACL again.

I’m not an expert so can’t really comment, if it is his knee again that’s probably the end of his career as the reoccurrence rate for knee injuries if the first happened before you’re 23 is ridiculously high. If it’s his hamstring he might just be very unlucky.

Extended time off the pitch at his age will hamper his development either way.

47 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I think this might be a case of absence makes the heart fonder. From my memory Ayman showed flashes of real talent but never did he impact a game like Scott did. 

I don’t think anyone really compared him to Scott, who was a bit of a one-off, just that having broken into the team and played 8-10 games he’d shown that he had something about him to hope he’d become a decent player for us.  Let’s not forget he was only 18 at the time too.  Alex Scott was “guaranteed” PL bound, I think for Ayman we saw him as a longer term City player….if that makes sense?

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We await Tinnion's expert medical analysis in due course.

Expecting the chairman’s in depth knowledge of sports science to be particularly invaluable.

Several of us heard a few weeks ago it was another hamstring injury, as has been said you have to fear for the lad now, 2 ACL injuries followed by a succession of hamstring issues, a real blow.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

I fear the same for the lad and it could be the end of any career at this level 

FROM THE CLUB WEBSITE

Joe Williams will be available for selection for Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship match against Middlesbrough.

Head Coach Liam Manning revealed Williams has recovered from a calf injury and has been training this week ahead of the visit by Boro.

Nahki Wells is still out of action with an ankle issue, Andy King continues with his rehabilitation, while Rob Atkinson will be out for ‘a few weeks’ with a muscle issue.
Ayman Benarous will be out for a sustained period after injuring his hamstring.

Hayden Roberts has begun light rehabilitation after suffering a significant ankle injury in our match against Ipswich Town in October.

Ross McCrorie is progressing well after successful surgery due to a rare bacterial infection.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-men-news/squad-injury-update/

Edited by Boston Red

33 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Expecting the chairman’s in depth knowledge of sports science to be particularly invaluable.

Several of us heard a few weeks ago it was another hamstring injury, as has been said you have to fear for the lad now, 2 ACL injuries followed by a succession of hamstring issues, a real blow.

Yes a shame, he's got a little bit of x factor about him, certainly compared to our other midfield options. Haven’t given up on him yet but the odds on him fulfilling his potential are certainly lengthening.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Alex Scott was “guaranteed” PL bound, I think for Ayman we saw him as a longer term City player….if that makes sense?

It makes complete sense. Sort of like an Andy  Llewellyn/Louis Carey type player who would likely stay with us doing a good job yet not be so good that they go elsewhere ( and before the pedants say about Coventry- it was fleeting).

1 hour ago, Rossi the Robin said:

You’ve obviously haven’t seen a Nigel Pearson one then. 

I noticed this was about half the length of his 

Yeah, of course I've seen Nigel Pearson's press conferences, but you knew that, you silly little facetious sausage. Frankly, some of them came off as rude and unnecessarily awkward, even though I generally liked the guy. Let's not sugarcoat things like that though, like we've done with this terrible home record and the fact that his style of football wasn't exactly thrilling.

As for the length, there's only so much you can ask a manager, especially one who's been in charge for just one game. I thought it was a decent press conference, and he covered what he could. Do we really need to nitpick every detail, or can we cut the guy some slack?

I'm sorry if thats not what people wanna hear. I've seen it without an agenda and don't feel the need to go along with the majority. I'm not looking to make friends; I'm just expressing my honest opinion, even if it ruffles some feathers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1