IGNORED

Does Tinnion Command Respect

leadman

i heard a rumour that tinnion done the h/t cup routine on saturday.

does he get respect from the players????

by all accounts he was laughed at by some players, it must be tough even at a football club for someone to be a player then gaffer.

I'm still worried by are performances,i think we have played 3 poorish teams and looked 2nd best in 2 of the games, even if we got beat but dominated we would be a little happier, knowing things will go our way soon.

bradley orr has so far been poor, gillespie should get a look in now after a decent showing at bournmouth, miller realy has got to play, i dont know why miller isnt first name on the sheet, we could all see there was a fitness problem when he first arrived but thats improved, he in my opinion is and allways will be a better player than pcock and you need a target man in this division, smith as been very good and looks like a good player, lita cant be dropped with his scoreing record, i think heffer should make way for miller and lets play 4-4-2.

wilsons problem came from us being too orginised, 2 lines of four as soon as the opossition got the ball is fine but you need to link up with your strikers and we just never done that last season,murrey seems to be getting a bit of stick but lets be honest, he wasnt very good away from ashton gate anyway, even when he scored 27 goals in a season i dont think he impressed away from home.

team for swines

phillips

smith,coles,butler,hill

anyinsah,doc,gillespie,goody

miller,lita

subs

heffer,orr,tinns,fortune,murrey

i think if we do get the win,even a scrappy 1-0 will do, i still think we have the best squad in this division we just got to use it properly

Good shout-apart from maybe swapping Butler for Fortune and Hill for Bell it looks worth a go.

Yeah i reckon Tinnion has the respect of his players and he's going to earn it by not being afraid like Wilson was to change things around until the fans or directors are ramming it down his throat ie:Burnell.

Your description of three poor teams......well, er actually Barnsley are one of the teams tipped for promotion like us, and Bournemouth too, albeit outsiders in the case of Bournemouth, and Torquay, did what they, and a lot of other teams will do-come here for the draw.

As for Tins, and respect, he will have it, but it'll take a few games for them to really come to terms with it, and Tins dropping himself, will, in my opinion be the best thing he can do now, to cement that fact, and not to be like Numpty, and stick to his ideas rigidly, and refuse to learn/adapt/change if required, which, I reckon he aint going to do, as hes changing things as required already. Remember teams which miss out on promotion, via playoffs often start badly, as the disappointment sticks, and we've just done it for the third season running, with the bulk of the team being involved in all three.that takes a while to shake off (Shouldnt be an issue, but remember how we all felt after Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadiff- the players must have felt worse, knowing what stick some were going to get!)

Your description of three poor teams......well, er actually Barnsley are one of the teams tipped for promotion like us, and Bournemouth too, albeit outsiders in the case of Bournemouth, and Torquay, did what they, and a lot of other teams will do-come here for the draw.

As for Tins, and respect, he will have it, but it'll take a few games for them to really come to terms with it, and Tins dropping himself, will, in my opinion be the best thing he can do now, to cement that fact, and not to be like Numpty, and stick to his ideas rigidly, and refuse to learn/adapt/change if required, which, I reckon he aint going to do, as hes changing things as required already. Remember teams which miss out on promotion, via playoffs often start badly, as the disappointment sticks, and we've just done it for the third season running, with the bulk of the team being involved in all three.that takes a while to shake off (Shouldnt be an issue, but remember how we all felt after Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadiff- the players must have felt worse, knowing what stick some were going to get!)

barsley and torquey did have 4 put past em on saturday at home, oh and bournmouth aint won a home game since last march, just putting things into prespective

1)  i heard a rumour.....

2)  by all accounts.....

3)  wilsons problem came from us being too orginised.....

1) A rumour eh? Must be true then.

2) Whose accounts were these? Sounds like there was more than one.

3) Too organised? Jeeeeeeeeeeez!!!!!!!!!!! Like when defending set pieces for example?

I'm not sure that he does command a great deal of respect, but by having the courage to drop himself on Saturday shows that he is willing to earn it. He's had a very tough start, but after three lousy performances things can only get better. My fear is that if we don't beat Swindon, we then go away to Port Vale -- which will then mean 5 games, nil wins. Brentford (who have been a tad awkward over the years) arrive at the end of the month, and if we reach the sorry total of no wins from 6, the whole season will have turned to ashes and confidence, self belief and respect will evaporate

barsley and torquey did have 4 put past em on saturday at home, oh and bournmouth aint won a home game since last march, just putting things into prespective

True, but they also scored three (Barnsley) and Torquay, I did mention as being a derby, where form book goes out of the window. As for Bournemouth, also fair comment, but a fair few people are putting money on em- unlikely if they were ####, and by all accounts came at us all guns blazing.

As to the form, Lu'on are third, highest scorers (?), but only conceded a couple less than they scored...if thats any thing to go by....another way of looking at it perhaps?

True, but they also scored three (Barnsley) and Torquay, I did mention as being a derby, where form book goes out of the window. As for Bournemouth, also fair comment, but a fair few people are putting money on em- unlikely if they were ####, and by all accounts came at us all guns blazing.

As to the form, Lu'on are third, highest scorers (?), but only conceded a couple less than they scored...if thats any thing to go by....another way of looking at it perhaps?

My fear is that if we don't beat Swindon, we then go away to Port Vale -- which will then mean 5 games, nil wins. Brentford (who have been a tad awkward over the years) arrive at the end of the month, and if we reach the sorry total of no wins from 6, the whole season will have turned to ashes and confidence, self belief and respect will evaporate

Or, to put it another way ...

I'm confident that we will beat Swindon, then go and win away at Port Vale -- which will then mean 5 games two wins, two draws. Brentford (who have been a tad awkward over the years and are therefore due a stuffing) arrive at the end of the month which means three wins on the trot and our season will really take off. Self belief and respect will come flooding back.

Of course, neither of us may be right. The truth may be somewhere in between. But it's a long season, and it's surely far too soon to talk of throwing in the towel. In the meantime, why don't we all just get behind the players and the manager?

It wouldn´t suprize me and if it is true that is disgraceful!

I heard that Tommy wouldn´t call Tinnion Gaffer even though BT kept shouting "whats my name"!

What has this club come to! :@

Is this sarcasm?

Surely if he was shouting what's my name he would say Brian or Mr Tinnion not Gaffer?

To be honest I think someone has been having a laugh at you if you really believe this.

Is this sarcasm?

Surely if he was shouting what's my name he would say Brian or Mr Tinnion not Gaffer?

To be honest I think someone has been having a laugh at you if you really believe this.

Gotta say I do sort of get the impression that Tinman and Doc aren't exactly best mates but they really need to sort it out for the good of the team - either go and talk it through over a pint or sort it in the car park but grow up gentlemen !

I heard that Tommy wouldn´t call Tinnion Gaffer even though BT kept shouting "whats my name"!

He must have been shouting it pretty loudly, if you heard it.

To believe this may have happened is proof positive that you know neither character you have named in this particular work of fiction.

I agree that it's disgraceful though.

You heard? Same source as Leadman by any chance? Bloody fantasists, the pair of you. Cant you think of anything else to talk about :grr: ?

Gotta say I do sort of get the impression that Tinman and Doc aren't exactly best mates but they really need to sort it out for the good of the team - either go and talk it through over a pint or sort it in the car park but grow up gentlemen !

They have played together for quite a long time now and have made that work so don't see why it would be that much more of a problem now.

Though I don't think the manager should be encouraging the booze culture now do you? :grr:

Remind me who Tins' captain is.

I don't respect Tinnion as a person for reasons I have quoted before, or as a footballer for his poor performances over the last 18 months or as a manager as he has no experience whatsoever BUT, like I said about Wilson, he sees the players every day so for the time being I have to accept he is in a far better position than anyone else to decide who should play each game and those players picked I will give support when they are on the field.

I heard this from someone..... and my mate heard that from his mate..

Doesn't anyone tell the truth anymore??? :grr:

It was called ####### in my day, and there is lots of it flying about on this forum, how about dealing in facts for a change, and unless you have heard it for yourself I suggest you don't post the garbage!!

Furthermore, with TD being far more popular than BT, could the 'Gaffer' be basking in his captain's reflected glory?

Sorry, I missed the outcome of this season's 'Bristol City Players' Popularity Contest'. I bow to your superior knowledge, as you seem to have the results to hand.

Anyway, what reflected glory would that be?

Guest Southville Red

Sorry, I missed the outcome of this season's 'Bristol City Players' Popularity Contest'. I bow to your superior knowledge, as you seem to have the results to hand.

Please tell me you are not seriously doubting how popular T.D. is, ###### poll or no poll.

Is anyone doubting that Tins' appointment caused a certain amount of friction in the Bristol City dressing room?

Does anyone think that all the players just accepted it as a good decision and started licking Tins' ass?

Because I don't think they did somehow.

Is anyone doubting that Tins' appointment caused a certain amount of friction in the Bristol City dressing room?

Does anyone think that all the players just accepted it as a good decision and started licking Tins' ass?

Because I don't think they did somehow.[/

No idea. All I can say is, they looked a very happy and united group when I watched them in training. Much as I'd like to think they were putting on a show because I was skulking around, I doubt it somehow.

Presumably, as with any cross section of people connected with the club, there are those who are happier with the appointment than others, that's only natural.

No idea. All I can say is, they looked a very happy and united group when I watched them in training. Much as I'd like to think they were putting on a show because I was skulking around, I doubt it somehow.

Presumably, as with any cross section of people connected with the club, there are those who are happier with the appointment than others, that's only natural.

Apart from Christian Roberts messing about in training, fair play he is a nutter :grr:

Aye, don't read into what I was saying. Its only natural that some of the players aren't happy with Tinnion's appointment. Personally I can't blame them. Ronnie Moore only had one year left on his contract at Rothy. I'd of loved to see him come to City and work with a talented, young squad like ours.

But there we go.

Apart from Christian Roberts messing about in training, fair play he is a nutter  :grr:

Aye, don't read into what I was saying. Its only natural that some of the players aren't happy with Tinnion's appointment. Personally I can't blame them. Ronnie Moore only had one year left on his contract at Rothy. I'd of loved to see him come to City and work with a talented, young squad like ours.

But there we go.

And hopefully, like you, they'll put their personal preferences to one side and give their full support to the manager ahead of anything else, for the good of the club.

Christian is indeed 'a nutter'. He seemed amazed that I had the number 18 on my shirt, as that is his number....

Robbo: "18?? That's my number!"

Me: "Yes, I know."

Robbo: "But I'm number 18."

Me: "I know."

etc...

I think I'd still be there now, if I hadn't made my excuses about having to meet someone for lunch.

Because I don't think they did somehow.

Can only speak of knowing a group of the John Ward promotion squad.

I can assure you that BT was far from popular with many of that squad.

I also wouldn't be at all surprised if the same doesn't apply within the more experienced members of the current squad.

If there is a problem within the current squad of players it needs to be sorted a.s.a.p.

The whole situation the club has got itself into makes me :grr::grr::D:city::sub::(

Mickey Bell would be another, Louis Carey another and he's gone maybe the real reasons for his departure are more than contract related !!!

Aaron Brown is another departure since BT's appointment.

Shaun Taylor was also a player then and not directly involved in the new gaffers backroom team !!!

Do you get what I'm saying !!!

Steve Phillips, Matty Hill, Danny Coles, Kevin Amankwaah would also have been on the staff but only on the fringes of the first team squad at that time.

:grr::grr::D:city::sub::(

Archived