IGNORED

Cheltenham Town

MC RISK77

19 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

9 games in and yet to score a goal, any stattos out their who know the league record for games and minutes played without scoring? Or have they already broker it?

They`ve already broken the EFL record (last game I think) according to SSN.

You know when they do finally win they`ll spank someone like Pompey 5-0.

Watched them a fair bit over the last couple of seasons. Their only goal threat for quite some time of late had been Alfie May. Having lost him they are lost infront of goal. 
Not looking good for them at all this season. 
I think I’ll take a trip up there on Tuesday to see LJ’s new boys too. 

On 30/09/2023 at 18:28, MC RISK77 said:

9 games in and yet to score a goal, any stattos out their who know the league record for games and minutes played without scoring? Or have they already broker it?

The record apparently is Cov in 1919 and Hartlepool in 1992. 
I’m here in the Cheltenham end cheering on LJ 🤣

IMG_4076.jpeg

• Like 2

On 30/09/2023 at 20:16, Harry said:

Watched them a fair bit over the last couple of seasons. Their only goal threat for quite some time of late had been Alfie May. Having lost him they are lost infront of goal. 
Not looking good for them at all this season. 
I think I’ll take a trip up there on Tuesday to see LJ’s new boys too. 

May has scored a couple for Charlton tonight against Exeter. 

Full time. 
There’s no other way of saying it. Cheltenham are terrible. Worse than FGR were last year. 
Tactically awful as well. They basically hit switch balls all night from full back to opposite winger. But didn’t account for the fact Fleetwood have the 2 tallest fullbacks you’re likely to find in this league. 

Just now, Harry said:

Full time. 
There’s no other way of saying it. Cheltenham are terrible. Worse than FGR were last year. 
Tactically awful as well. They basically hit switch balls all night from full back to opposite winger. But didn’t account for the fact Fleetwood have the 2 tallest fullbacks you’re likely to find in this league. 

Basically 9 points adrift already. Doesn’t look good at all. But if someone like DC can’t turn it around, hopefully doesn’t damage R Wade’s reputation too much so he can land on his feet somewhere. 

15 hours ago, petehinton said:

Basically 9 points adrift already. Doesn’t look good at all. But if someone like DC can’t turn it around, hopefully doesn’t damage R Wade’s reputation too much so he can land on his feet somewhere. 

Read Clarke’s post match comments.

Very honest, basically says they look to be miles adrift of the standard they’re playing at.

Seem to have packed out their squad with loans from U21 sides who aren’t ready, it already looks like a damage limitation job & to build for when they’re in L2.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Very honest, basically says they look to be miles adrift of the standard they’re playing at.

Seem to have packed out their squad with loans from U21 sides who aren’t ready, it already looks like a damage limitation job & to build for when they’re in L2.

Yep. That’s basically all they could do though in fairness with their budget.  

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yep. They have 7 players on loan and obviously can only use 5 in any matchday squad. 
So immediately that’s a cause for concern. 
3 of those loanees started last night and none of them impressed me, I have to say. 2 others came on quite late and also didn’t impress. Peupion from Brighton perhaps the only one who showed a bit. 

Big problem is midfield. They have a chap called Elliot Bonds in central mid. I’ve seen him a few times now and, inclusive of last night, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse league 1 footballer. The bloke is truly dreadful. He’s National League level at best, and yet here he is, the main man in a League 1 midfield. 
If Darrell Clarke perseveres with this bloke attempting to hold his midfield together then things are gonna go from very bad to very much worse. 

Also based on last nights showing, Curtis Davies should have retired already. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. They have 7 players on loan and obviously can only use 5 in any matchday squad. 
So immediately that’s a cause for concern. 
3 of those loanees started last night and none of them impressed me, I have to say. 2 others came on quite late and also didn’t impress. Peupion from Brighton perhaps the only one who showed a bit. 

Big problem is midfield. They have a chap called Elliot Bonds in central mid. I’ve seen him a few times now and, inclusive of last night, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse league 1 footballer. The bloke is truly dreadful. He’s National League level at best, and yet here he is, the main man in a League 1 midfield. 
If Darrell Clarke perseveres with this bloke attempting to hold his midfield together then things are gonna go from very bad to very much worse. 

Also based on last nights showing, Curtis Davies should have retired already. 

As a fundamental starting point for a side that openly has the division’s smallest budget it does seem bonkers to have 2 players on your wage bill who couldn’t ever play if 5 others are fit.

Read somewhere they have a squad of 29, so pretty obviously that’s quantity over quality.

Davies is 39 before the season ends & although he was still effective 2 seasons ago, very few outfield players are playing & contributing at that age, Andy King gets questioned here & he’s 3 and a half years younger..

Never heard of Bonds but pretty clear that May’s goals were masking up a lot of their issues, realistically they’re down & so might as well start planning for next season already.

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

I see DC has come out and said the team isn’t fit enough. Absolute classic spiel from a new manager, aka they aren’t good enough but I can’t make any transfers so need to blame something 

He’s got a point.

He’s got a goal too!

🤣🤣🤣