IGNORED

Rotherham away match thread

First half thoughts, we have been poor to ordinary throughout the opening 45 minutes.

We have looked after the ball very badly, giving it away more often than not, and have looked disjointed. Cornick is isolated, the midfield hasn’t got going and our sloppiness has gifted Rotherham a couple of opportunities.

Overall, I’m relieved that we are not behind.

I would guess that some changes at half time or shortly after are highly likely.

We really have not got going and I would hope that we cannot be that poor in the second half.

Well that was about the worst start to a half from us all season, very very untidy. 

All at sea at times - equal amounts of poor play on the ball and excellent energy and pressing from Rotherham. Sykes in particular having a bad half and TGH looks exposed at RB. They’ve certainly looked the more likely to score and a last ditch Naismith tackle kept us at 0-0.

Managed to build our way back into the half, but still couldn’t create any real chances, our best being a penalty inexplicably turned down when Bell was rugby tackled in the box. Knight and Williams sloppy and James and Bell quiet. Cornick working hard and having a few decent moments, but found myself wanting him to get himself in the box more but perhaps due to the lack of service he’s had to drop deep too much - not quite as quick as Nahki getting into dangerous positions in that respect. 

Referee - poor. For both teams TBF. Yes let the game flow, but you have to make decisions. Seems to hope if he keeps a low profile no one will notice him. 

Big improvement needed 

• Like 2