IGNORED

Penalties- PGMOL

Mr Popodopolous

9 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

Not really good enough. They need to explain specifically and without sparing any detail, exactly where in the laws you’re allowed to forearm smash someone in the neck.

I’ll explain it specifically without sparing detail - it’s because we’re little old Bristol City 

there you go that wasn’t hard was it 

• Robin 1

So the Sykes challenge , because it was boot to boot , was not a Pen.
So, a challenge, by a defender, which he has no contact with the ball but his boot has contact with the strikers boot ?
AKA Trip ?

I want to see the same explanation saying Prings was, elbow to throat and so does not constitute a Pen as it was clearly against Bristol City :yes:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

So, a challenge, by a defender, which he has no contact with the ball but his boot has contact with the strikers boot ?
AKA Trip ?

I want to see the same explanation saying Prings was, elbow to throat and so does not constitute a Pen as it was clearly against Bristol City :yes:

When a player has their heel clipped it's usually a free kick.

I've said before that a player renowned for "winning" penalties will be awarded them by the officials without a moments thought.

The match officials supposedly talk to each other, perhaps they could release the conversations. Sometimes the linesmen appear to be frightened to do anything!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Midred said:

The match officials supposedly talk to each other, perhaps they could release the conversations. Sometimes the linesmen appear to be frightened to do anything!

...Except disallow our goals for infringements! ;)

Swansea away in March, I can't remember if there was one.

Reading at home x 2

Stoke away, blinded by the sun would you believe!

Hull away a flag that was rather late.

Swansea away x 3.

7 Or 8?

Edit- just checked. Weimann definitely had one disallowed for offside at Swansea in March.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

I was mystified in the Stoke match when fouls right in front of the linesmen on either weren't even flagged. Are some referees so arrogant that they don't want any interferance from their assistants?

(Yes I know that they're all above board according to some on otib!)

12 minutes ago, Midred said:

I was mystified in the Stoke match when fouls right in front of the linesmen on either weren't even flagged. Are some referees so arrogant that they don't want any interferance from their assistants?

(Yes I know that they're all above board according to some on otib!)

They don’t need to flag, because they are mic’d up.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Midred said:

Sometimes the linesmen appear to be frightened to do anything!

I hope they do actually work as a team and not the Ref being a Prima donna like it has been in the past. 
It should be a team, they can talk constantly through the game now. In theory it should make things so much easier to get decisions right.
I would love to hear what they said during the Sykes one, the Lino should have had a clear view of it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

They don’t need to flag, because they are mic’d up.

Perhaps they  need to be consistant then as they usually flag when an opposition player falls over when we're getting near to their penalty area.

Again that's why it would help to hear what they're.saying.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

AKA Trip ?

Yet Diaz got his first yellow for the slightest of touches knee to boot to cause a trip

Will be interested to see how they explain the rugby tackle in the penalty area on Sam Bell tonight or if Nige is sent yet another apology for the lack of a penalty being awarded. The EFL highlights showed at least 3 different angles and clearly the defender just pulls him down while Sam is trying to get to the ball to shoot at goal. But the referee and assistant referee apparently saw nothing wrong with that. Amazing!

• Like 5