IGNORED

Conwaaaaayyyyyy!!!!

BCFC Rich

Just rewatched the last part of the game (first 75 mins were on fast forward!)

I did notice that with all the substitutions going on around the 80th minute, although TC came on at 78 mins, the game didn’t restart until 80.04, and he hit the net at 80.44 - so actually 40 secs of play until his goal.

Any quicker City substitute goal?

3 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Fingers crossed, do you think he is likely to sign a new deal?

Dunno.  He only signed last July when he’d not made the impression he went to making last season.  So I doubt he’s on much (in the grand scheme of things).

Think some will be down to a combo of loyalty, injuries, what might be on offer versus are any clubs circling, ready to bid in January.

At the end of the day we could offer him a top-wage tomorrow and he might still go in January.  No wage we can offer him will compare to what he could get in the Prem…and that is where he will go at some point.

We need to strike quickly, deal to summer 27 or 28 if we can.  It won’t offer us tonnes of protection though.  But I also think Nige is comfortable paying players what they are width regardless of age, homegrown etc.

Tommy deserves to be a high earner imho.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Dunno.  He only signed last July when he’d not made the impression he went to making last season.  So I doubt he’s on much (in the grand scheme of things).

Think some will be down to a combo of loyalty, injuries, what might be on offer versus are any clubs circling, ready to bid in January.

At the end of the day we could offer him a top-wage tomorrow and he might still go in January.  No wage we can offer him will compare to what he could get in the Prem…and that is where he will go at some point.

We need to strike quickly, deal to summer 27 or 28 if we can.  It won’t offer us tonnes of protection though.  But I also think Nige is comfortable paying players what they are width regardless of age, homegrown etc.

Tommy deserves to be a high earner imho.

If he stays well I think it likely he will get 20 goals  this season, and I fully expect him to go to the Euros assuming we qualify. That last point is not a given as we, like BCFC,have an astonishing ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

He did train with the senior players during the summer prior to the Norway game.

* We being Scotland. 

All that aside if he does get a decent haul of goals he will attract interest, that is a given, so I agree we need to get a new contract signed ASAP to protect his value.

Obviously that won’t put EPL clubs off, I think Tommy is the real deal and will hopefully have a stellar career.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Tommy deserves to be a high earner imho

That's an interesting point.
Many years ago, home grown players would not get the money that player we paid money for would. 
Not sure it was a deliberate strategy, but you had to tempt players in, while those from the ( equivalent of ) Academy would be paid relatively lowly. 

On the plus side, I don't see Prem Clubs throwing money at Tommy just yet. Gives us time to tie him down to a deal. I rate him, but to start getting the "Press" that Scott did, he needs a 20 goal , or near , season IMO.

• Like 1