IGNORED

Conwaaaaayyyyyy!!!!

BCFC Rich

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Be very surprised if he doesn't get a call-up to the senior Scotland squad in the next 12 months. 

Looks an elite prospect to me. Two quality finishes this evening, and a match winning performance. 

Will be in their euros squad. Might even overtake Adams and Dykes. 

• Flames 1

15 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Concerned no new deal for him at present, 12 months left this summer. Big priority, we have to keep Tommy. Just not sure whether Scott will be an influence on him. However Scott didn’t have close allegiance to us, Tommy’s family are all City and he’s a local lad. Fingers cross his heart gets him to sign. 

There will be a new deal for him but ultimately if a prem club come calling offering him top flight football and quadrupling his pay there is very little we can do about it

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

There will be a new deal for him but ultimately if a prem club come calling offering him top flight football and quadrupling his pay there is very little we can do about it

And given the problems he's had with hamstring injuries, that might put a few off. 

Worth noting (but not worth a new thread) that we're 10 game in, about quarter of the season, and Alex Scott is still 'some way off' being fit to play for Bournemouth, so if we had resisted and rejected the offer than came in for him, you have to wonder what price we'd have got in January for him given he wouldn't have play for us for the duration of his time out. 

If we can keep Tommy fit, I can see then end of the season resulting in a 'Alex, who?' response from a lot of people as (hopefully) Tommy continutes his comeback and continues to score. 

Hopefully, a new deal is on the table and he is open to signing it, he has seen two of his mates get their moves to Premier League clubs without City being difficult about it, so he might well think.... 'I'm playing, I'm developing, and if this keeps up, my chance will come' rather than 'Oooh, first offer, I'm out of here!'. 

• Like 1