IGNORED

Away support this season.

22A

10 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yes incredible support by Plymouth although they haven't played many of these teams in years.

We are having some of our typical big followings early. Swansea, Leicester, Cardiff but i imagine we'll be around mid table for attendances unless we are challenging at the top consistently.

Sunderland though.....😱

I live a few miles north from Hillsborough, the stream of traffic that comes along when Sunderland are playing Wednesday is massive.

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Plymouth do have a great away support, however I think if we were not in the Championship for 13 years we would be taking bumper crowds everywhere too.

Yes, I remember a great turn out the first time we played Wycombe.

They're on a roll after a great season, the fans have been starved of success for years and there are all these great new grounds to visit.

Fair play to them but I would probably pick Sheffield Wednesday as the stand out support given their league performance to date.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

The other point, is how big the allocations were for the grounds these clubs have played

This is probably more relevant stat.  Percentage of allocation sold would probably add a little more context (though I realise that away support allocation may differ from opponent to opponent.)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I never pay much attention to these.

Would prefer to see a table which compares away attendences vs miles travelled.

Usually come the end of the season you'll find those with the least amount of miles are up near the top and those with the most down near the bottom. 

It also doesn't show you what games were midweek or weekend/bank holiday. So many variables including the weather of course.

48 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Best mate a leeds season ticket holder was saying a lot of clubs have cut there allocation they give leeds this year 

I don't think that we've had allocation cuts because it's us, but overall it seems that there are fewer tickets available in many grounds, due to demand from the home teams.

We've played no-one yet who has given us an allocation above 3,000 (Southampton), and Millwall, Birmingham, Ipswich and Hull gave us about 2,000. So our figure represents easy sell outs, but limited allocations.

Not wishing to sound like a brag (it's just a statement of fact) to get a Millwall ticket you had to attend 20 out of 21 games (including cups) away from home last season to have even half a chance as a home season ticket holder (priority). Stoke is just about to go on sale for members* and Away Season ticket holders and away 'super fans' (who attended 100 away games over a five year period), take  up 1,100 of the 2,600 tickets.

Demand is still insane and shows no sign of dropping away, at least not for away games. It helps having a supporter base spread around the country.

City's sales for tomorrow are really pretty good really, and the reciprocal pricing is to be welcomed, though it represents far more of a saving for you than it does us due to the silly prices we charge. 

There are 260 tickets available for members. As of now there are 2,600 members trying to buy tickets.

image.png.2526d171032d43f92e5aa5f5e7b05041.png

Edited by SR1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Super said:

Quite low for Leeds?

Figures are slightly mis-leading, Leeds have and will sell out for every away game, Sunderland have had fixtures at Blackburn and PNE where they give 6,000 tickets to away fans, take out our two night games up north and we'd be much higher

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SR1 said:

I don't think that we've had allocation cuts because it's us, but overall it seems that there are fewer tickets available in many grounds, due to demand from the home teams.

We've played no-one yet who has given us an allocation above 3,000 (Southampton), and Millwall, Birmingham, Ipswich and Hull gave us about 2,000. So our figure represents easy sell outs, but limited allocations.

Not wishing to sound like a brag (it's just a statement of fact) to get a Millwall ticket you had to attend 20 out of 21 games (including cups) away from home last season to have even half a chance as a home season ticket holder (priority). Stoke is just about to go on sale for members* and Away Season ticket holders and away 'super fans' (who attended 100 away games over a five year period), take  up 1,100 of the 2,600 tickets.

Demand is still insane and shows no sign of dropping away, at least not for away games. It helps having a supporter base spread around the country.

City's sales for tomorrow are really pretty good really, and the reciprocal pricing is to be welcomed, though it represents far more of a saving for you than it does us due to the silly prices we charge. 

There are 260 tickets available for members. As of now there are 2,600 members trying to buy tickets.

image.png.2526d171032d43f92e5aa5f5e7b05041.png

I expect Leeds will get 3k, perhaps even as much as 3.4k at AG.

Not everyone has filled it mind you- I thought WBA would have done and maybe Stoke too given the whole free travel thing albeit offset by a not great start.

1 hour ago, sticks 1969 said:

Best mate a leeds season ticket holder was saying a lot of clubs have cut there allocation they give leeds this year 

That has to be a good thing.

I can't bear the same old songs trotted out over and over again. Their boring songs are only topped by that pathetic monotone dreary effort about a certain Prozzy sang by web-toed, six fingered, sister shagging  quarter wearing few.

I think we’ve done very well so far this season. 
Millwall - Sold Out. 
Swansea - Sold Out. 
Leicester - Sold Out. 

The other 2 so far have been Hull on a Friday night and Rotherham on a Wednesday night and on Sky. 

I’d guess the next few really ought to be :

Leeds - Sold Out. 
Cardiff - Sold Out. 
QPR - we usually sell out. 
Southampton - we should sell out. 

So that would be 7 of 9 sell outs, with 2 very understandable exceptions. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, supercidered said:

That has to be a good thing.

I can't bear the same old songs trotted out over and over again. Their boring songs are only topped by that pathetic monotone dreary effort about a certain Prozzy sang by web-toed, six fingered, sister shagging  quarter wearing few.

Can't wait to hear your repertoire tomorrow😃

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think we’ve done very well so far this season. 
Millwall - Sold Out. 
Swansea - Sold Out. 
Leicester - Sold Out. 

The other 2 so far have been Hull on a Friday night and Rotherham on a Wednesday night and on Sky. 

I’d guess the next few really ought to be :

Leeds - Sold Out. 
Cardiff - Sold Out. 
QPR - we usually sell out. 
Southampton - we should sell out. 

So that would be 7 of 9 sell outs, with 2 very understandable exceptions. 

Don't want to be pedantic but you've sold the upper tier.

You could have had nearly 3,000 but as the restricted view seats upstairs haven't sold out (about 70 left) they gave the 900 downstairs to us instead.

Still a good turnout, but not a sell out in the strictest terms.

Edited by SR1

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I expect Leeds will get 3k, perhaps even as much as 3.4k at AG.

Not everyone has filled it mind you- I thought WBA would have done and maybe Stoke too given the whole free travel thing albeit offset by a not great start.

We'll sell what you give us (within reason, of course!). It was really odd only having 2,000 or so last time we came with all that covering at the front of the stand. 

11 minutes ago, SR1 said:

You could have had nearly 3,000 but as the restricted view seats upstairs haven't sold out (about 70 left) they gave the 900 downstairs to us instead.

Ah ok, I hadn’t realised that. I was sure I read somewhere that we’d sold out. Wasn’t aware it was just initial allocation. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SR1 said:

We'll sell what you give us (within reason, of course!). It was really odd only having 2,000 or so last time we came with all that covering at the front of the stand. 

Your reputation proceeds you, to be fair most teams were only given that amount for a while but it seems to be the norm now to give 3,400

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SR1 said:

Our Safety Advisory Group are quite active and difficult, it could be linked to that maybe.

As an aside I was under the impression that the Atyeo holds 4.2k but for whatever reason the maximum allocation for football is around 3.4k!

I would try to explain rhe reasons for this but see point 1, SAG (Safety Advisory Group) have not published proper minutes for 9 years.

You'd get more change out of Pyongyang Supreme Province Council and they turned down 2 FOIs too!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Haha 1

As an aside, this is nothing to do with Leeds in particular I would personally speaking prefer 2k to away fans verbatim from a home advantage perspective.

Either tucked into a corner of the Atyeo or solely the Upper bit. Maybe segregation and then some home fans. Not possible in the Cup due to allocation regs there but I wouldn't mind tbis in the League, a whole end where a lot are likely to stand and sing behind a goal..it helps a lot. Especially when our Safe Standing is in a corner, abour 1,200 strong.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

24 minutes ago, SR1 said:

Not saying we have sold many, if any more. But the initial tickets seemed to sell quickly and only slowed down when the restricted view tickets came up. I do wonder if they hadn't be restricted view if more would have gone. 

Just looked and the train is £140 , that and restricted view isn't much of a draw. Might have been cheaper earlier, but quite often seems well over £100 if you travel North of Brum, though TBF I think I paid £63 for Leicester.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

As an aside, this is nothing to do with Leeds in particular I would personally speaking prefer 2k max to away fans in verbatim from a home advantage perspective.

Either tucked into a corner of the Atyeo or solely the Upper bit. Maybe segregation and then some home fans. Not possible in the Cup due to allocation regs there but I wouldn't mind tbis in the League, a whole end where a lot are likely to stand and sing behind a goal..it helps a lot. Especially when our Safe Standing is in a corner, abour 1,200 strong.

The problem with doing the Ground bit by bit.

The only way I can see us doing it, is sectioning off the Dolman and it's bit of concourse. I believe they are trying to make teams give away fans pitch side tickets , or at least it was suggested. Then we get the Atyeo back and would be behind both goals ( Hi Lee 👋 ) . I don't see it happening until , or if ,the stand was refurbished .

• Like 1