IGNORED

Leeds United away match thread

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

Ball looked like it had swerve but even so, we had plenty of time to deal with it after that and didn't. Our issue is trying to play the ball out when we can't manage it yet we still play a lot of long ball passes under less pressure when in possession.

That’s what I thought, looking at the replay it seemed to be more of an instinctive block rather than it being a save, not sure he saw it till late. Knight totally at fault, should have hoiked it.

Edited by bexhill reds
7 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Take that all you moaners over the past two pages! Not played anywhere near as bad as you have made out…Must hurt seeing us level

Oh we've not played bad, we played well but then made a very basic mistake that allowed Leeds to take control. Our equaliser was very much against the run of play but I wouldn't say we deserve to be out of the game.

I think a lot of the negative comments are from frustration of us making the same mistakes game after game and not learning from them. You can play better for 85 minutes of a game and lose 3-0, it only takes a few seconds to make a silly mistake that costs you a goal and the goal today summed that up perfectly, a basic mistake followed by another and poor marking and we're behind, can't blame people for saying "we keep doing this" or "Another stupid mistake" when they're referring to a consistent that is costing us points.

• Like 1

Satisfied with our performance so far: we battled well and our play has been OK overall, with some promising attacks here and there. They created much more but when we were on top (at the start of the game), we should have had a penalty (not surprising eh?!? 😒 ), so...we deserved something, and Kal gave us a goal.

Il will be a tough second half, and the annoying booking given to Dickie will be a danger. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Oh we've not played bad, we played well but then made a very basic mistake that allowed Leeds to take control. Our equaliser was very much against the run of play but I wouldn't say we deserve to be out of the game.

I think a lot of the negative comments are from frustration of us making the same mistakes game after game and not learning from them. You can play better for 85 minutes of a game and lose 3-0, it only takes a few seconds to make a silly mistake that costs you a goal and the goal today summed that up perfectly, a basic mistake followed by another and poor marking and we're behind, can't blame people for saying "we keep doing this" or "Another stupid mistake" when they're referring to a consistent that is costing us points.

I think your right frustrating really as although technically they are better than us there’s no reason for them to be quicker or stronger than us at times we do seem to have a weak underbelly ,how many times has bell been pushed off ball or the amount of half hearted challenges we’ve lost in the middle .it will come 

14 minutes ago, MrRedRobin said:

Exactly why Naismith shouldn't be taking set pieces and why he should be in the box.

I always thought that was because his free kicks are technically the best of everyone's, TGH has now come in and has a much better technical pass which means if we're confident enough not to have both TGH and Naismith over the ball we can finally get Naismith on the end of it. I guess the simple enough reason he's not in the box, we never had anyone good enough at delivering it to him until now.

Just now, Curr Avon said:

Cornick can't hold the ball with his back to goal. Should he drop deeper to find space or should we play passes behind to Sykes and Bell?

Both. You hit one or two when he drops deeper and on other occasions the other two get on their bike if the defender goes with him and you try and get in behind.....